Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What equipment do you have

What equipment do you have?

• Android phone

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • iPhone

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Android tablet

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • iPad

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Windows laptop

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Mac laptop

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Windows desktop

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Mac desktop

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Something weird with Linux on it

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
So when you're not flying the Typhoon, what other equipment do you have?

Ha I have a syma x8 which is good practice for. Manual flying and a broken walkera 220 drone, it Met with a high speed accident, however it will be rebuilt, and will be adding an inspire 1 pro to my craft [emoji106]

If its not the Typhoon H then its my DJI P3s I'm flying. Also have a Tarantula x6 I fly with the grandkids. For indoors have 2 JJRC 1000 drones to mess with the dogs. DJI Mavic Pro on order as well.

QAV 500 X 2
QAV 400G
QAV 250 X 3
Custom Tricopter - designed it myself with a CAD program and had the alloy pieces cut with a water jet.
FPVDM Tricopter
Y4 copter
CineTank - custom build with 3 axis gimbal and retractable landing gear
Micro 110 FPV quad
Custom 330 quad
Fully customised timber Tricopter (Flying piece of art)
Timber Quads X 2 (Beautiful pieces of work)
Custom Basswood Crocodile Quad featuring custom artwork from a local Indigenous artist.
ADS 400Q
YTH

All of the above (except the Basswood Croc) can be flown FPV.

I have a few other frames, but am away from home right now and don't remember the models.

I love flying each and every one of my frames at different times for different reasons.

Reactions: DroneClone
Hubsan
RC Logger EOX
SYMA X5
Q500+
Q500 4K

A Phantom 2 Vision and a Phantom 2 Vision Plus.

The Phantom 2 Vision is essentially retired now. Not flown that since early August, but the Vision Plus is still flown regularly...gonna go out with it tomorrow actually and have just charged up a couple of batteries. Indeed, If not on a commercial job I use both the Typhoon H and Vision Plus alternately to keep them both primed.

Too many to list, but my favorites are are Autel XSP, Q500+, Longing LY250, TH, oh I have a syma 5 also. bout 16 in all.

That's not including my Sonerai II and my RAF 2000 gyrocopter that I built.

Too many to list, but my favorites are are Autel XSP, Q500+, Longing LY250, TH, oh I have a syma 5 also. bout 16 in all.
Just curious how do you like the Autel? I was gonna get one but didn't because I also have the P3 they seem pretty close..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a H, P3 standard, Traxxas Aton, Breeze and a Hubsan H107d+

Jay you hve the P3 and the XSP is like the P3Pro I guess. I love it, Bigger motors tho. cruse is 33 MPH and follow me is really fast. ATTI is faster bout 45.What do you think bout the Breeze?

Last edited:
3DR Go Pro quad using APM 2.6

3DR X8 using Pixhawk

Chroma 4K

Custom Tarot 810 using Vector and an Arris gimbal for a Sony a6000

4, 35% 3D fixed wing aerobats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay you hve the P3 and the XSP is like the P3Pro I guess. I love it, Bigger motors tho. cruse is 33 MPH and follow me is really fast. ATTI is faster bout 45.What do you think bout the Breeze?
I'm gonna be honest it's diff then any drone your use to. As far as having no transmitter.the co trols are laggy.the Breeze app kills your battery!!!!! You gotta force stop the app after use. It's actually on its way to Yuneec for service. The camera started making a grinding noise. Kinda like a stripped servo gear. MY opinion it's ok but I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Too many to list all, Here are the Highlights

- Phantom 3 4K with only about a dozen flights (but currently for sale)
- 3DR Y6 converting Flight Manager over to an EagleTree Vector Flight Manager
- x2 3DR DIY Quads using ArduPilot
- Hercules 500mm Quadcopter - Build still in progress
- Multiple Dromida Vista/Ominus
- Multiple Husban x4 variants
- x2 Blade Inductrix (Whoop Dreams)

And just now getting into fixed wing electrics as well.

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
Jim you sound like my kind a pilot. Good luck fly safe.

Wow, I feel like lower class compared to all the equipment you all have, but hey ... got to start somewhere ... right ?? ... but doubt I'll ever catch up being a seasoned citizen already ... won't have the time or the moola to do it !!

I have a ... Q500-4K, TH and I had bought the new Yuneec ActionCam for $350 not the $550 some where asking so I wouldn't have to keep taking the camera off my Q500 for ground vids, but I had to return it ... the audio was terrible, totally useless for any kind of sound except for white noise and a constant high pitched whine.

Wow, I feel like lower class compared to all the equipment you all have, but hey ... got to start somewhere ... right ?? ... but doubt I'll ever catch up being a seasoned citizen already ... won't have the time or the moola to do it !!

I have a ... Q500-4K, TH and I had bought the new Yuneec ActionCam for $350 not the $550 some where asking so I wouldn't have to keep taking the camera off my Q500 for ground vids, but I had to return it ... the audio was terrible, totally useless for any kind of sound except for white noise and a constant high pitched whine.

Most of what I own has come from buying and selling used equipment. Example, I bought 16 Dromida Quadcopters (Vista and Ominus) as "parts" off of eBay for about $200. Most required very little attention to get back to perfect working order. I make about $300 profit off of them ( and still have a two or three of them). Another example, I bought a crashed Phantom 2 from a local guy for $225. I sold it as parts on ebay, profiting over $500. Efforts like these is what allowed me to buy my very first Brand New drone, Typhoon H for ZERO dollars out of pocket. It did take me almost 4 month of buying and selling though, but I did not have to justify to the wife spending $1000 out of the budget.

It's not what you have, but how well you understand and use it. I'll tell a story about a guy that won AMA nationals a few years back using an ARF if people want to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ArnhemAnt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval