Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What have I missed?

Reaction score
We've previously been flying the H520 for inspection work but have now purchased the E90 camera to do some survey work. We set out to test yesterday and the surveys have flown OK but we get a single MP4 video instead of the individual jpg images... Nothing we can see in the manual helps... Anyone any ideas?

We've previously been flying the H520 for inspection work but have now purchased the E90 camera to do some survey work. We set out to test yesterday and the surveys have flown OK but we get a single MP4 video instead of the individual jpg images... Nothing we can see in the manual helps... Anyone any ideas?

When you create the flight plan and survey, you have an option that is "Camera". It has to be in "Survey" mode. This way it takes nadir photos (at 90 degrees inclination). In case you want to do it at 45 degrees to get side details you can change it right there.

When you create the flight plan and survey, you have an option that is "Camera". It has to be in "Survey" mode. This way it takes nadir photos (at 90 degrees inclination). In case you want to do it at 45 degrees to get side details you can change it right there.

Hmmmmm... Im pretty certain it was in Survey mode. I'll have another try this morning and see if I missed that! Thanks aruntus

Just retried and it flew the mission perfectly but no images at all. Selected the correct camera etc in the survey. Any other suggestions?

I'd look at the following:

• When you take pictures manually, hitting the button will record them correctly? That records video you said it does well.
  • What version do you have? Have you updated everything to the latest version, the UpdatePilot shows you everything in green?
  • Have you tried removing and putting the camera back on? Are the contacts clean?

Hi Arruntus, It records video and still imagery perfectly. The camera is taken off after each flight and stored in a separate flight case. I've checked everything in terms of firmware, software etc and everything is up to date. I'm really at a loss to understand what's going on here. When I set up a mission to hover and capture image, the drone stops and hovers but doesn't capture the image. wormshead_DataPilot.jpg
Thoughts?

The image you're showing is from the desktop version, but it's not the latest. Besides, I think it's a pretty old version. In the download page you have the Android version for the ST16S, the Windows version and the MAC version. That can influence. Update it.

Have you erased the cache and DataPilot data in the ST16S?

Hi Arruntus, the drone we're flying was purchased in January 2019 (3 weeks ago), our other 2 H520's were purchased around the same time last year. When this H520 arrived, it was updated to 1.5.x, it was re-calibrated etc. All of our drones are subject to a professional maintenance schedule. Our technician produced the screen to give an idea of what we're mapping and to show the settings and for no other reason. IF there were an issue with versions there would be hundreds of people with the same issue. All the planning for a survey has been done on the ST16S and not on the PC, we use that purely for general planning.

We are still at a loss to understand what is going on here.

After much searching we've solved the issue. When creating a mission on the ST116s or the PC there wasn't an option to specify the camera and mission type... We stripped all the software off the ST16 and re-downloaded the same version and installed it again. The same on the PC which did have a slightly older version of the Drone Mapping software...

Thanks for everyone's help particularly Arruntus who gave the right clues....

Reactions: arruntus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi