Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is latest version #?

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what is the version number of the latest updates for the ST16 and the Typhoon H? I bought my H last March and have never updated either component since.

Thanks, Steve. Looks like I'm behind. V03_.01.b30 and v1.3 autopilot. I may wait a little longer to do an update, get a couple good flights in before trying an update process I’ve never done before. My self-confidence has taken a serious hit from this drone.o_O

Thanks, Steve. Looks like I'm behind. V03_.01.b30 and v1.3 autopilot. I may wait a little longer to do an update, get a couple good flights in before trying an update process I’ve never done before. My self-confidence has taken a serious hit from this drone.o_O
Be sure to watch the video before doing the updates. After you are finished, you will need to calibrate. Also, the stored GPS coordinates will be reset to zero, so allow the full 13 min on the ground before starting the motors.

Be sure to watch the video before doing the updates. After you are finished, you will need to calibrate. Also, the stored GPS coordinates will be reset to zero, so allow the full 13 min on the ground before starting the motors.
Thanks. That’s the kind of stuff that blindsides me. I’ve learned to watch the videos after (or before) I’ve read everything I can find, they really do help a lot.

Okay, watched a dozen videos, read through several threads, took a deep breath, crossed my fingers, and jumped. Updated the controller and the drone both, not an entirely smooth process with issues related to formatting the micro SD card. But I switched to direct wireless updates and seems to have gone well. The H and the CGO-3+ are bound to the ST16, and all the calibrations initiated and completed successfully. Now if I could do something about the weather, the storms and nonstop high winds we've been seeing all week (30-40+ mph with occasional brief 25 mph lulls) maybe I could take it out and try actually flying this new and improved, overhauled, reprogrammed and reformatted fully functional (please God) drone.

Thanks for the assistance.

LK

Okay, watched a dozen videos, read through several threads, took a deep breath, crossed my fingers, and jumped. Updated the controller and the drone both, not an entirely smooth process with issues related to formatting the micro SD card. But I switched to direct wireless updates and seems to have gone well. The H and the CGO-3+ are bound to the ST16, and all the calibrations initiated and completed successfully. Now if I could do something about the weather, the storms and nonstop high winds we've been seeing all week (30-40+ mph with occasional brief 25 mph lulls) maybe I could take it out and try actually flying this new and improved, overhauled, reprogrammed and reformatted fully functional (please God) drone.

Thanks for the assistance.

LK
Lol...

A full 13 mins ??

A full 13 mins ??

Yes, to allow the GPS system to receive the full catalog data from the satellites. Once this is done you don’t have to wait that long for future flights, unless you haven’t flown for 2 weeks or more. If that is the case, you want to let the GPS rebuild the catalog.

Reactions: rdonson
A full 13 mins ??
Not that I have too much trouble with drifting and such anyway, I've always found that allowing the GPS almanac to update has always seemed to result in a far more solid hover. I don't tend to fly my H as much as others on this forum having on average 2 to 3 weeks between outings with it. So it is that I always allow the H to sit powered on without the props on for at least the duration of a cigarette if not the full 13 minutes. Indeed, while I'm buggering around setting my stall out this almost always accounts for 13 minutes or more.

Somehow over all these endless discussions and videos I totally missed this 13 minute wait time. Just when I finally think I'm starting to know what I'm doing....

As there are no system certification standards we never get to really “know” our systems. Each can have some level of operational variations due to component performance differences. Best we can do is obtain a general understanding of the system design intent and learn our individual system’s performance nuances from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval