Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the definition of "Expo" with regard to channel settings?

Reaction score
In the Typhoon H thread I saw"Expo" used and it appeared to be a word that was generally understood. I'm not familiar with it in this context. Could someone help me out here?

exponential. ... Something is said to increase or decrease exponentially if its rate of change must be expressed using exponents. A graph of such a rate would appear not as a straight line, but as a curve that continually becomes steeper or shallower.

exponential. ... Something is said to increase or decrease exponentially if its rate of change must be expressed using exponents. A graph of such a rate would appear not as a straight line, but as a curve that continually becomes steeper or shallower.
Thank's Eagle's. That helps. I'll investigate further but now it seems that it will be basically referring to something non-linear.

Exactly... the changes that you make in the expo setting will be represented as a curve, unless you choose a different setting, such as the BrokenLine setting.

Generally expo is used to reduce stick sensitivity around the center point. Where small stick movement might generate large or “jumpy” control response, using various amounts of expo to suit your taste can “soften” control response for the same amount of stick travel. As the stick moves further in it’s range of motion control response increases for the amount of stick travel input.

Expo can also be used to increase control response to stick travel. The range of adjustment either way is so great you can make control response much too sensitive to use or degrade sensitivity to a point that you would sacrifice some level of control authority.

There’s no “ideal” expo setting as it is generally tailored to what the user feels works best for them.

Very well explained Pat R [emoji106]
I don’t think the Plus has a rate curve adjustment for Expo whereas the Pro does. I’m not sure why? Anyone know? Adjusting the Expo rate curve on my Mavic Pro 1 has really dialed it it. I’d like to do that with th Plus as well.
Bill Dunnuck

I don’t think the Plus has a rate curve adjustment for Expo whereas the Pro does. I’m not sure why? Anyone know? Adjusting the Expo rate curve on my Mavic Pro 1 has really dialed it it. I’d like to do that with th Plus as well.
Bill Dunnuck

That is on the wish list for the Plus, but no firmware updates have addressed it as of yet.

Flying the TH/TH Pro then the Plus one after the other. The Plus with stock settings is much smoother and more responsive than the TH. I really should go play with the curves on my ST-16 to get rid of some of the jerky movement near the null point of the sticks. Along with the Pan and Tilt for the gimbal.

That is on the wish list for the Plus, but no firmware updates have addressed it as of yet.

Flying the TH/TH Pro then the Plus one after the other. The Plus with stock settings is much smoother and more responsive than the TH. I really should go play with the curves on my ST-16 to get rid of some of the jerky movement near the null point of the sticks. Along with the Pan and Tilt for the gimbal.
I agree. In Angle mode with the he Plus the stick control is pretty good. Switch to Sport and it is really twitchy. Needs Expo adjustment. Not sure why Yuneec eliminated rate curve adjustment on the Plus.

I always saw something being "sporty" as being quick and responsive. Toning that down might sort of defeat the purpose;)

I always saw something being "sporty" as being quick and responsive. Toning that down might sort of defeat the purpose;)
Good point. However flying fast and smooth is my goal. Got it nailed with the older Mavic Pro. May not be possible with Plus without adjustments. A project I guess. Or maybe a sickness. ?

I really should go play with the curves on my ST-16 to get rid of some of the jerky movement near the null point of the sticks. Along with the Pan and Tilt for the gimbal.

If you do, please come back here and tell us what you did and how. Thanks.

If you do, please come back here and tell us what you did and how. Thanks.

@Ty Pilot has a video on using the broken curves to adjust for the right stick.

@CraigCam has posted (and video ?) about changing the settings for the tilt slider for the gimbal.

You’ll have to search for the tilt slider instructions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus