Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What Micro SD are people using?

Reaction score
What Micro SD are people using?
I tried a Class 6 and it went.... "Copter says NOoo"
It worked for about a minute then never connected again.
So what are you all using?

Last edited:
For consistent recording results you need a card that says U3. Any other speed will be hit and miss. The camera needs a card capable of recording at high speed for 4K or high frame rate.

As Steve Carr has aptly pointed out you should use U3 Micro card. According to the literature it can handle up to 128 GB. I use a 64 gig. This was info provided to me early on by RBC on our forum.(giving credit where credit is due)!

Here's what I have in my camera. Cheap and fast.

Amazon.com: Samsung EVO 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card with Adapter (MB-MP32DA/AM): Computers & Accessories

If you read the reviews, you will learn that the card is adequate enough for 4K recording.
Good luck with that card. It's a U1. I have a hand full of those and they won't work. I had to get the U3 which is what Yuneec told me.
I use mostly 32GB cards and keep a spare with me. They hold all the files I need for a flight. After I download the files I erase them on the card, so there is no need for something larger.

Reactions: Haydn
Good luck with that card. It's a U1. I have a hand full of those and they won't work. I had to get the U3 which is what Yuneec told me.
I use mostly 32GB cards and keep a spare with me. They hold all the files I need for a flight. After I download the files I erase them on the card, so there is no need for something larger.

yes im very much aware that my sd cards are U1. I have been recording in 4k and have yet to experience any issues.
i also bought the same card for my Q500 4k. no issues whatsoever. Samsung makes good products!! and brand does make a difference.

I personally only use Sandisk cards. Nothing bad to say about some others, just my preference.

I just bought a: SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Speeds Up To 95MB/s

Which is the best for 4K really. Some people have good luck with others, I am just picky with my SD/mSD cards. I find you get the best most reliable results using good cards. Some disagree and have good luck with cheaper ones. I just figure you spend all this money for a 4K drone, why take a chance of getting glitches etc.. in your footage.

Whatever card you choose I recommend using a class 10 and nothing slower..

Class 10 here and Sandisk or Transcend but only from Amazon direct to hopefully avoid fakes.i do not use large cards as if you have a problem you could lose a days flying. 16 or 32gb - 1 card for 1 flight is my system.

bought 256GB and still haven't got my H yet, don't know what the heck i'm doing with this SD card !!!

Sandisk 64gb extreme plus.
Interesting enough st16 doesn't like extFat this card was formatted in this format, however the included one was fat32

So today I went and bought a couple of SanDisk extreme 32GB U3 cards.

I then noticed that the one supplied is also a U3 spec.
Thanks everyone for your input.

Well my card is corrupted ... I tried every thing to get it to work. But to no avail. In system manager logs it has "device has a bad block".
Pretty poor for a brand new card. I have to send it back to get a replacement. :(

Add my two cents as a long time photographer. The card you use depends on your cameras ability to write at a certain speed and your patience when copy files to your computer. A fast read speed on a relatively fast computer can save you plenty of time when copying files over.

If you have a DSLR camera with a large frame sensor you need the fastest read speed possible (U3 Card). If you have a small sensor camera with low bit rate taking 4K video, you can get away with a U1 class 10 with a write speed around 45. The Typhoon H and Phantom 3/4 would fit this small sensor/low bit rate category.

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
ADD: Sorry, I did notice this was an old thread LOL.... But our info and recommendations never get's old.

SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Class 10

I was using the Samsung EVO U3 64 GB and it was recommended to switch to San Disk extreme.

I am also buying the

SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-ll/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Class 10

Has anyone used the USB adapter and what do you think of them? I like my card slot though so far on my laptop.

YUNEEC TYPHOON Q500 4K

Last edited:
Add my two cents as a long time photographer. The card you use depends on your cameras ability to write at a certain speed and your patience when copy files to your computer. A fast read speed on a relatively fast computer can save you plenty of time when copying files over.

If you have a DSLR camera with a large frame sensor you need the fastest read speed possible (U3 Card). If you have a small sensor camera with low bit rate taking 4K video, you can get away with a U1 class 10 with a write speed around 45. The Typhoon H and Phantom 3/4 would fit this small sensor/low bit rate category.
A lot of DSLR have moved away to XQD, CFast etc, Nikon D850 D5 etc.

Reactions: TyphoonAddict

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis