Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What to use to repair the landing gear mechanism???

2? Thought you only broke one.
Is your time worthless, Sure Bet Drone and Design?
:D
ray ray, it took me 5 minutes to pull them apart and 10 minutes to put them back together. To epoxy and fiber it would maybe take another 10 minutes with an overnight set. No I don't make 60 bucks an hour so... plus I am old school in that if I can fix it myself, I do. I take pride in that. Or maybe I am just a cheap (aka broke) old man :) your choice of reasoning sir.

Nope both snapped
The problem with this repair is the joint. You will have to some how bridge the joint. If not any Simi hard landing will cause the joint to buckle and fail again. So yes if you can use the concave part to bridge the joint then I would do so.
I thought you only needed one? So that would be 30$. If you just need to bide some time till you can afford the new part then give the adhesive a try. But just so you know once the 3m adhesive is opened that's it there is no saving the rest. It will be good for a couple days but will cure in the tube also. So when you look at the price of the adhesive at about $10 then your your half your 1/3 the way to a new part..
2? Thought you only broke one.
Is your time worthless, Sure Bet Drone and Design?
:D

OK, give it a try. JB Weld is an epoxy, I think, It may work very well, only one way to find out. Go for it.:)

Try the JB Weld with a strip of fiberglass cloth wound around the joint. Look like **** but it might work for a spell.

Hello everyone. I have a typhoon H, lets just say it is a love hate relationship.... I Literally clipped a leaf and I had a hard landing (bumped the ground hard toilet bowl style) followed by a fly away! so in the process the landing gear snapped at the metal armature in the servo. The rest of the gear is just fine. So being the fix it guy I am, I tried using super glue and a vice to put it back together, it worked, well at least until I flipped it over and put the drone's weight on it!

I don't really have an extra 50 bucks laying around as I spent my budget on a new power distribution board I mentioned the fly away, H+pond = NO BUENO). So my question is this, does anyone sell just the metal armature linkage piece? If not what can I use to put the pieces of metal back together? Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

This is the part number you are looking for YUNTYH131. Just Google it and I'm sure You'll find some seller that can supply it for you.

I also made a video on repairing the servo unit. this might help

Please be sure to check for damage to the little gears and shaft/bearing surfaces in that servo so it will be reliable, i.e. not jam up on you when you need to land, etc.

Reactions: Rayray
This is the part number you are looking for YUNTYH131. Just Google it and I'm sure You'll find some seller that can supply it for you.

I also made a video on repairing the servo unit. this might help
Crazy Crow..Nice Video, great contribution to the community. could have used this a few weeks ago.. I took mine apart on my own and rebuilt them using the super glued pieces, they are tricky pieces to get together and adjust, your video does a nice job showing the breakdown and repairs of the servos. two questions sir.\;
. 1) where did you get the part numbers? I ask so I can look my own parts up in the future..
2) Any American suppliers you know of on that part sir? Found some EU vendors but I am afraid by the time it ships may not be practical.

Crazy Crow..Nice Video, great contribution to the community. could have used this a few weeks ago.. I took mine apart on my own and rebuilt them using the super glued pieces, they are tricky pieces to get together and adjust, your video does a nice job showing the breakdown and repairs of the servos. two questions sir.\;
. 1) where did you get the part numbers? I ask so I can look my own parts up in the future..
2) Any American suppliers you know of on that part sir? Found some EU vendors but I am afraid by the time it ships may not be practical.

Thanks for the appreciation.

To answer your questions, I found the partnumbers while looking for the same part you superglued. This German seller posts the partnumber with all replacement items.
Typhoon H
It's all in german but the photo's show enough to find what you need.

Since I live in the Netherlands I never order from the US so I can't help you on that part.

Maybe it's even possible to order directly from Yuneec US.

To be honest crow, US Yuneec Customer Service leaves very much to be desired... I can only hope the part will come available in the US someday, Considering hoe easily the metal breaks in the servos, I see a need, I get they wanted a modular part easy to change for the non tech guys, but old school guys like me like to fix only what needs to be fixed! Plus I am cheap :)

To be honest crow, US Yuneec Customer Service leaves very much to be desired... I can only hope the part will come available in the US someday, Considering hoe easily the metal breaks in the servos, I see a need, I get they wanted a modular part easy to change for the non tech guys, but old school guys like me like to fix only what needs to be fixed! Plus I am cheap :)

I know the feeling. Why go expensive for a complete unit if you can fix it cheap.
Do you know how much shipping costs from europe to the US?

Last edited:
I know the feeling. Why go expensive for a complete unit if you can fix it cheap.
Do you knowhow much shipping costs from europe to the US?

no, I am thinking of looking into it as an option though. I had my initial problem resolved with some good hearted help from a member here, but for the future I think it is a good idea to explore shipping...

no, I am thinking of looking into it as an option though. I had my initial problem resolved with some good hearted help from a member here, but for the future I think it is a good idea to explore shipping...
Looks like we need a bulk order for YUNTYH131 to get a reasonable cost per piece. I'm guessing it would be a popular sales item if the price is right.
yuntyh131.jpg

Yuneec sets a minimum retail price for each item with which retail dealers must comply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop