Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What would make the Yaw respond slow

Q500's - I only jumped on this thread because I couldn't find one directly for the TH480. I have TH480 (Pro).

Q500's - Ouch. Such is the confusion of age. I realized it was not your original thread yesterday, but got caught by it today. That's why it is encouraged to create a new thread for new issues. ;)

At the moment, I suspect the "slow" observation may just be a matter of opinion on your instructor's part. If the standard Yaw rate and expo are appropriate for YOUR needs, I would leave them as is.

The Typhoon H is first and foremost a videography platform. The rate and expo are set to give a more pleasing video. We are not flying jet fighters. ;)

My son builds and flys small racing quads with 4K video cameras. I get vertigo watching videos from his flights.

If you want to experiment with different settings for the yaw we can walk you through making changes. When experimenting, always create a new model and make your changes. You can get a feel for the changes using the double tap Volts screen before binding to the model and flying.

Reactions: WTFDproject
A couple of extra thoughts:
The "J2 right" value isn't really low enough to notice in normal flying, but it's enough there will be a difference in maximum left yaw, right yaw.
I would exercise the yaw while watching the final CH4 output value. If the value is not constant, you may want to clean the pot. If the value seems to be within a % or two each time, AND it's enough difference to bother you, you may want to experiment with the secret menu calibration a few times.
These pots are not perfect, precision instruments. You can experiment with slight variations of the K3 position, review the results each time, and start to get a feel for the proper calibration position. When the top and bottom of each scale are within a % or two of each other, then you will have found the right calibration spot on K3 (Rabbit/Turtle). It's a little tedious the first couple times, but after you settle on an order of things, it only takes a few seconds for each try.

Reactions: AussieCate
The Typhoon H is first and foremost a videography platform. The rate and expo are set to give a more pleasing video. We are not flying jet fighters. ;)

My son builds and flys small racing quads with 4K video cameras. I get vertigo watching videos from his flights.

If you want to experiment with different settings for the yaw we can walk you through making changes. When experimenting, always create a new model and make your changes. You can get a feel for the changes using the double tap Volts screen before binding to the model and flying.
I aim to use this for videography - so I'm not particularily concerned with it but keen to make changes and trial it for my own satisfaction. Of course make a new model ... it's the small suggestions like this that I would have forgotten! Thank you.
I'm actually keen to change the curve as per @Ty Pilot in
for Ail and Rud.
As for the racing quads - I'm with you, I'd probably get vertigo but won't really know until I give it a try. ;)
@DoomMeister thank you once again for all feedback. Regards,

I aim to use this for videography - so I'm not particularily concerned with it but keen to make changes and trial it for my own satisfaction. Of course make a new model ... it's the small suggestions like this that I would have forgotten! Thank you.
I'm actually keen to change the curve as per @Ty Pilot in
for Ail and Rud.
As for the racing quads - I'm with you, I'd probably get vertigo but won't really know until I give it a try. ;)
@DoomMeister thank you once again for all feedback. Regards,
@Ty Pilot has a good video there and I have used it to change the right stick settings.

For changing the Yaw settings I would suggest just editing the default setting by changing the Expo and Rate. If you increase the rate setting beyond 80%, I would suggest not using full yaw deflection unless you are using pitch and/or roll input along with it. Rotating any faster in a hover may induce some instability.

Reactions: AussieCate
@AussieCate,
I'm sure you already know there are dire consequences in that menu. Probably the worst is inadvertently mixing channels together. The double tap voltage display is the ONLY resource you have to detect that error, or any other error made in Channel Settings, prior to flight. Please remember Hardware Monitor does NOT show you the effects created by Channel Settings, either good or bad. It's a good tool. IF you use it.

@AussieCate,
I'm sure you already know there are dire consequences in that menu. Probably the worst is inadvertently mixing channels together. The double tap voltage display is the ONLY resource you have to detect that error, or any other error made in Channel Settings, prior to flight. Please remember Hardware Monitor does NOT show you the effects created by Channel Settings, either good or bad. It's a good tool. IF you use it.
I'm not in a hury to get in and change things up ... I'm still getting used to flying it comfortably AND using the camera so the settings ATM are fine. It was more to ascertain if there is an issue with the yaw stick and what it would feel like with the 'proper' setting.
I take all warnings and will take all advice on board and perhaps - if those replying are ok with it - communicate directly should and when I think about changing the curves.
Regards,

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss