Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's different in AP 1.35?

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Greetings all. I saw some chatter regarding some NFZ issues and thought is there a new firmware? So I also have a job pending that a 520 would be awesome on so I went to Yuneec site to see if it's available. That's when I double checked my firmware versions. I updated everything to latest (AP 1.34) on May 30th. The current firmware for the TH is the same for camera and ST but new AP.

Can anyone provide an overview of what changes or improvements are in this release? I'm considering updating.

And please post about this new AP and it's advantages and not about the past and other firmware boondoggles.

Thanks!

Reactions: viscount
Not a lot of changes from what I've seen. What I've listed below is all that I've observed with it in a standard system.
  • Returns the ability to adjust altitude limits to >400' using the GUI
  • Softens control response a little, which will assist those having difficulty with take off and landing. Unfortunately this also seems to have also reduced aircraft agility in flight
  • Appears to have somewhat reduced vertical speed in climb and descent. That's a subjective observation.

The details for AP 1.35 shows the details as:
  • Improved the landing protection while flying.
  • Improved the Ultrasonic Module Arithmetic.
  • IMU Pre-Heat: Pre-heats the flight control IMU on cold starts.

Ok. Thanks. I don't need any of those "improvements" as I've got mine all dialed in and working as I like. It seems like there may not be a whole lot more they can tweak until they decide to hopefully give the ST16 some of the ST16s features like GPS one button arm and disarm. I think most of us who are really trying to take our flying a career will be moving up to the 520. I'm currently seeking a backer to purchase one and I see my standard H as being back ups and trainers. I'm very glad I stuck with Yuneec as my footage still looks better then my local DJI competition and the more I can add to the resume, the more people are asking for my shots.

Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr
I hope so. Just attended a disaster relief pre-brief meeting and the mission profiles are heavily description biased towards DJI equipment. Although the H can do most, if not all of the listings described in DJI terminology the 520 's expanded UI and capabilities would make the transition easier.

the mission profiles are heavily description biased towards DJI equipment
I saw the post by Air Bears on Facebook which I found rather disturbing. It demonstrates the invasive practices and brainwashing taking place in many of these groups.

"
Air Bears
August 29 at 10:04pm ·
All members who meet the requirements are urged to make contact and help. Good Luck team.
--
We're working with the Red Cross to compile a disaster assessment from the air, and WE NEED DRONE PILOTS. This is serious business, so we are taking regs very seriously. We have our FAA eCoA, and have coordinated with ALL the applicable authorities. I won't bore you with all of the acronyms. If you are interested in joining the effort, here are the requirements:
-DJI P4P preferred. But P4A, P4S, Inspire and Mavic can be acceptable (but you may be restricted to certain mission types) - we need camera consistency."

Most of what was discussed was 12mpxl minimum, 20mpxl preferred. Stills more predominant than video, video in 1080. Camera tilt at +30* and -30* from horizontal. The H will do the positive +/-5* or so with a flip of the switch. Lots of POI orbits at low speeds. The Inspire and P4P minimums were opened up to allow the H. The Mavic would be tolerated for some things but not favored for most applications.

Based on the early propaganda the 520 with the E90 would be a perfect fit for this stuff but there's no E90 imagery to look at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers