Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips

I just Aquired a Breeze 4k and cant get it to link WiFi to either one of my phones. I was able to get it to link to my 10.1 samsung tablet but kinda hard to hold a tablet and fly with the controller. Does anyone have any solutions that work for me to get this drone to connect to wifi on my phones. I have a samsung Galaxy Core SM-G360t and a ZTE Blade Spark Phone.

Use the info in this thread to check compatibility. Is my phone, tablet, or pad compatible with the Breeze?

Has any of you changed the firmware purchased in Europe Breeze from version F to A.
Is the stability of the WiFi connection improving?

ok ty for the info everyone. i found a used cell phone that works. No need for anymore info on this post. ty again...

Hi,

I have a wifi issues sometimes with my breeze - from time to time I lose connection with WIFI. Moreover I cannot reach higher altitudes due to the wifi issues. Should I update my breeze ? Or will update make it even worse ?

Attachments

• 2018-08-19 19_01_24-Mój dysk – Dysk Google.png
    2018-08-19 19_01_24-Mój dysk – Dysk Google.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: ToddL
I come to this discussion a little late BUT in hope!

I purchased my Breeze in the US last month where it worked perfectly with my Samsung S7 - on returning to the UK I cannot see the Breeze as a WiFi option on my phone any longer. Having read the threads I can see that I need to update the firmware in order for the Breeze to initiate a hotspot that I can connect to.

Earlier threads provided links to firmware updates using the F series of files (which appear to relate to Australia/NZ) so I downloaded breeze_V0.1.39_E.bin and copied it onto the Breeze via a USB cable. I then disconnected the USB cable, powered the Breeze OFF then restarted - all lights as normal and after a while the steady green flashing light. HOWEVER when I look for the Breeze on my phone I can only see my local routers and no Breeze!

Can someone re-energise me to get over this road block? Thanks for any help

In additional to the above post:

Don't forget to Calibrate the Compass after an upgrade or downgrade!

some more information and things I've noticed:

V1.0.37_A: Starts up just fine and goes from red to blinking green... this firmware likes to live around wifi channel 149, 153, sometimes 165. wifi hotspot starts more consistently when powered on. Sometimes needs a few restarts to get it going.

V1.0.37_F: Starts up solid red, then blinking light blue for quite a while before turning blinking green, sometimes returning to light blue, then back to green... likes to live in the lower
channels 36....45. It seems to go into wifi hotspot more reliably, but takes longer.

(using wifi analyzer app to see channels)

From research I've done, the indoor 5Ghz channels 36-45 <100 can transmit at 200mW while the upper outdoor 5Ghz channels can transmit at 1 full watt. US allows channel 165, but I don't think you can use 165 in some Euro countries? That means it will be very quiet and you should get max range.

This is a double edged sword though, as I believe the lower channels (even though you use less transmit power) the signal goes further easier. The higher channels require more power to get the same range. So it may be a wash or slightly better on the upper channels in LOS. Add a few walls to 5Ghz and your signal will drop. Always fly LOS. Even at 100m.

What to do if you cannot get the Breeze to ever give you a blinking green light:

The issue here is you possibly have a really bad firmware installed. This is a last resort.

The available firmwares from the prior post are compressed and require the Breeze App to uncompress and install them.

If you go here:

http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/firmware.bin

it will download an already uncompressed version of the firmware that is Camera Version 1.0.2(F) It is the Euro (european) version.

Even though you can not get the Breeze to give you a wifi hotspot and unable to use the Breeze app to upgrade/downgrade -- you can still connect the Breeze via USB and drop that firmware.bin file onto the root of its SD card.

Now, there is a different trick here for this scenario, do not turn off the breeze after you copy the firmware.bin to it, just pull out/disconnect the usb cable. The Breeze remains ON when you pull out the cable.

The Breeze will start blinking purple, letting you know it's updating the 'already' uncompressed firmware.

when it stops blinking purple, turn off and restart the Breeze -- if your lucky you can get back on wifi with the Breeze (blinking green) and 1.0.2F

If your an unlucky one from Euro firmware zone who tried the Outdoor channel and can't get to see wifi again, you may be out of luck, but sometimes if you keep restarting the Breeze over and over until you get it to blink green, and use a different device that can see this high channel. If you do get in, quickly go into it from the Breeze app and switch the wifi channel to Indoor!

Then once it resets, upgrade/downgrade the firmware to 1.0.37_A or whatever you like but not the one that messed you up :)

So far V1.0.37_A seems to be working for me. I have not tested the range yet. If someone has any better results on a different firmware please let me know. Most interested in maintaining video and further range.

Freeze -- /unFreeze the Breeze!/

The link to the uncompressed file goes to an unauthorised page - does anyone have a link to a current European version of the uncompressed firmware bin file??

The link to the uncompressed file goes to an unauthorised page - does anyone have a link to a current European version of the uncompressed firmware bin file??

You can find more info in this thread along with links to the files on my Google Drive. How To: Breeze WiFi and Firmware Issues. Use the uncompressed bin to regain WiFi connectivity to the Breeze. Then use the Firmware Update option in Breeze Cam, or use the European firmware (yes the F version is for Europe) from the Google Drive.

The reason this happens is that when in the US your phone uses US WiFi rules which are communicated via the cellular network. Once you returned to the U.K. your phone went back to the European rules when it connected with the cellular network there.

Thanks - I did try this but no success, HOWEVER I did check in with Yuneec support in Germany and BINGO. They sent me 2 files - PDF instructions and a firmware.bin file - simply loaded onto the root of the Breeze and all works perfectly. I can supply the files to anyone who needs them or just get them from support.

Thanks - I did try this but no success, HOWEVER I did check in with Yuneec support in Germany and BINGO. They sent me 2 files - PDF instructions and a firmware.bin file - simply loaded onto the root of the Breeze and all works perfectly. I can supply the files to anyone who needs them or just get them from support.

Could you send the info for version of Flying Control, ESC, and Camera since loading the firmware.bin file they sent. Just connect to the Breeze, open Breeze Cam and in Settings go to About.

It may be a newer uncompressed European version that we could add to the Google Drive repository I’m maintaining.

Here are details of the uncompressed files supplied from Support in Germany which work perfectly:
FCV: 1.1.2
ESC: 1.0.3
Cam: 2.0.15(F)

Here are details of the uncompressed files supplied from Support in Germany which work perfectly:
FCV: 1.1.2
ESC: 1.0.3
Cam: 2.0.15(F)

That equates to the official OTA version for Europe which is the compressed version of firmware 0.1.47F.

If it was sent to you as a zip file just upload it here using the Attach files button next to Post Reply. If they were separate files add a “.txt” to the end of the firmware file so it looks like this (firmware.bin.txt) without the parentheses and use the Attach button. The .pdf file will upload without changing it.

That will save many in Europe having to do a double firmware change.

Thanks!

Here is the zip file - includes a PDF file (instructions) and the firmware
That equates to the official OTA version for Europe which is the compressed version of firmware 0.1.47F.

If it was sent to you as a zip file just upload it here using the Attach files button next to Post Reply. If they were separate files add a “.txt” to the end of the firmware file so it looks like this (firmware.bin.txt) without the parentheses and use the Attach button. The .pdf file will upload without changing it.

That will save many in Europe having to do a double firmware change.

Thanks!

Just tried that - file too large it seems - let me give you a link instead: wetransfer-e3d55b.zip - valid for 30 days

Thankyou Phil, this newer uncompressed European firmware is now up on my Google drive for all to access using the link in my earlier post #90 to you. It can be found in the subfolder of the uncompressed firmware folder.

Last edited:
can anyone clarify what is the latest uk firmware ? and if so where i can find it i did try the above link but theres no file available

can anyone clarify what is the latest uk firmware ? and if so where i can find it i did try the above link but theres no file available

The latest version is 0.1.47(F). When you go to about in Breeze Cam you will find:
Flying Control v1.1.2
ESC v1.0.3
Camera v 2.0.15(F)

I believe the last firmware update was sometime in 2017. Same thing with Breeze Cam for both iOS and Android versions.

Thanks very much this means my UK version is up to date I checked the root

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval