Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When is a LIPO battery to puffed up to be used?

I know of two more OEM's that I can purchase tomorrow. I bought one about 4 months ago, very happy with the flight time, 17:53 minutes
That's why I'm hanging onto my eight puffed batteries, hard to replace all.
What batteries are they?

I have a Power 4 that's just slightly puffed, I get about 13 minutes on it, and the last two times I flew the battery, the drone got flaky on landing and almost flipped, so in the trash it goes

I have a Power 4 that's just slightly puffed, I get about 13 minutes on it, and the last two times I flew the battery, the drone got flaky on landing and almost flipped, so in the trash it goes

More than likely an accelerometer recal rather than a battery issue. Not saying keep the battery at all. That is a personal decision.

My H480 had been rock solid until two flights yesterday. One tipped before I could save it. Two props. Second test flight, wanted to tip again . Saved it and moved the landing from the lake dock to the grass. Got it down ok.

Recalibrated the accelerometer only. Landings back to smooth as butta. Well, as smooth as can be expected!

Jeff

Some have experienced a little trouble landing if they've drained the battery to second warning or have been flippant with there battery care and the battery is not in good condition. You might need to check other things first as mentioned.

Reactions: PatR
Some have experienced a little trouble landing if they've drained the battery to second warning or have been flippant with there battery care and the battery is not in good condition. You might need to check other things first as mentioned.
I tend to be anal on battery care, the battery in question has a cell that reads about .5 volts lower than the others after landing, pretty sure it was dipping even lower under load, I also don;t wait for a battery warning, I head home at 14.9 as a rule, if I see 14.8 I check altitude and hit RTH and then land it manually. The Power 4s I have were all bought new, and were all 3 years old sittin on a shelf.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval