Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where are you getting your music from?

Y

Yuneec Pilot

When filming with my drone, I obviously would like to play music instead of the motor sounds. Do you know reliable, LEGAL websites to get free music from?

You just have to search. Dont know of much that is actually free. There are a lot of royalty free sites but you still have to pay for the music. I have adobe premier elements 14 and it comes with som basic instrumental music that works for now. Here is a video i did that i used some of that music.

Bill W.

The small magnifying glass at the top right of every page is Search. Search is a valuable friend. Try it for "free music".

When filming with my drone, I obviously would like to play music instead of the motor sounds. Do you know reliable, LEGAL websites to get free music from?

You could also turn off the record sound option (should be off default), you tube has plenty of free. I also found a site called Benson sounds which allow You to take some free music as long as you give them links back

Reactions: Brian Mackey

Music is copyrighted, so the artist allows it because they put adds on your video so there is a ton of it! Depends on you usage :)

I subscribed to audioblocks.com . $99 for a year to try it out. 1,000's of songs, lifetime usage, unlimited download. Just seems like every time I tried to use one of the "free" tracks, it was a hassle and never really free. Now it's just done. I will renew when my year is up.

Jamendo is the source I usually use. Take care of different levels of creative commons licences. A mandatory thing is to mention the author. Other stuffs are related to the goal of your videos. Not commercial, no problem. Sometimes it happens that a publisher claims for the rights, I just do a complain then and usually win. But even in the worst case there is no problem, just some advertisements added.
Ric

I done what I thought was a good video filming our local fireworks display, i used the Katy perry firework track to go with it.

As soon as i uploaded it to YouTube they notified me of the obvious copy right etc.

But they did say they would allow it if they put adverts on my film. Fair enough i thought, i was more than happy with that until i realised they wouldn't let me share it on social media sites etc.
I had to re do the video using a 'free' soundtrack. Its ok but not as good.

Oh and to top it all off the advert they put on my video was for a dji maverick lol

Last edited:
I use AKM Music - it's not free but it is very good and covers all uses. Decent music does make a difference to the way your video is viewed and appreciated. Why should everything have to be free? On that basis all of us in our careers would have been paid nothing and then we could not pursue our flying activities.

When you upload to YouTube you can ask it to replace the audio. They have a free library, and you can choose tracks that match the length of your video, as well as styles. The options aren't great but they are good enough for casual use.

If you have more specific ideas of the music you wish to include, then a site like Jamendo allows you to pay a very reasonable fee for music for personal use. If you're going to make money out of it you need to pay more - they have details on their licensing options when you purchase.

Note that some tracks become very popular. You can date some videos down to the month they were produced by which music track they include.

OK thanks to all, i don't have a youtube account (yet), i was just thinking of private use like show them to my family, friends etc. but when i upload to a website then i have to name mr eric matyas like explained on its website?

Also try soundcloud.com - loads of free music, you'll find a lot of the small independent artists would be happy to share their tracks as well :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval