Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where to Buy and Difference in Pro

Reaction score
When looking at where to purchase an H does anyone have a preferred dealer on these boards they buy from?

I'm an Amazon and Best Buy 0% apr promo utilizer but looking at Amazon you get a few more "extras" dependent on the seller. My only other concern on Amazon is if the dealer is a licensed dealer.

Also I get the Pro version has Real Sense, is there any other difference outside of the Real Sense module?

Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When looking at where to purchase an H does anyone have a preferred dealer on these boards they buy from?

I'm an Amazon and Best Buy 0% apr promo utilizer but looking at Amazon you get a few more "extras" dependent on the seller. My only other concern on Amazon is if the dealer is a licensed dealer.

Also I get the Pro version has Real Sense, is there any other difference outside of the Real Sense module?

Thanks a bunch!

The pro has the Indoor Positioning Module (IPS) too. I've not see much talk on here of the use of it...it's something I would like for flying in caves (dry caves), but there's not talk here of any use with it.

The pro has the Indoor Positioning Module (IPS) too. I've not see much talk on here of the use of it...it's something I would like for flying in caves (dry caves), but there's not talk here of any use with it.

I've seen some discussion that the Pro's may have upgraded hardware? Any truth to this?

I've seen some discussion that the Pro's may have upgraded hardware? Any truth to this?

I don't believe so, the pro is the same as and advance only with the IPS and Realsense bolted on.
Unless you see a specific need for the realsence I would not bother, it's like the ultrasound obstacle avoidance on both, I doubt that in the real world many ever fly into tight spaces to warrant using it.
As far a RTH use for realsence, just set the RTH height above the height of any major obstacles and then there is no need to slowly and wasting battery navigate around them ).

Thanks a bunch!

Seems like strange questions to ask here. Now that you have various and contradictory answers, have you reached a decision on where and what to buy?

Reactions: Max Gibson
Seems like strange questions to ask here. Now that you have various and contradictory answers, have you reached a decision on where and what to buy?

Ugh forum paranoia sets in. Why strange? I'm from the school of thought if there is a preferred dealer or someone that participates in the forum that is a dealer I'd like to build a relationship and give them my business.

As for the difference in Pro vs Advanced if didn't seem entirely clear and there were a few posts eluding to the fact some of the hardware was different.

As for a decision I believe I'm going to start with an H then add an Inspire. The H fulfills my immediate needs and so far I'm pleased with what I've read.

If the H and the customer service live up to my expectations then I may consider the 920 in lieu of the Inspire. But it's too soon for me to make that call.

Ugh forum paranoia sets in. Why strange? I'm from the school of thought if there is a preferred dealer or someone that participates in the forum that is a dealer I'd like to build a relationship and give them my business.

As for the difference in Pro vs Advanced if didn't seem entirely clear and there were a few posts eluding to the fact some of the hardware was different.

As for a decision I believe I'm going to start with an H then add an Inspire. The H fulfills my immediate needs and so far I'm pleased with what I've read.

If the H and the customer service live up to my expectations then I may consider the 920 in lieu of the Inspire. But it's too soon for me to make that call.

Keep in mind the 920 can make it home on a limp 5 motors, the inspire will drown! :) But you have to add a lot more $$$ to the 920 gimbal camera etc.. but its an amazing bird....

Reactions: Max Gibson
One last question (hate to ask something unrelated to the title). Does Yuneec have the ability to disable the geofencing for NFZ? Reason I'm asking is in the two cities I'm working in 70% of my work will be about a mile in under class C airspace.

One last question (hate to ask something unrelated to the title). Does Yuneec have the ability to disable the geofencing for NFZ? Reason I'm asking is in the two cities I'm working in 70% of my work will be about a mile in under class C airspace.

I would check with YUNEEC!

i would buy the H where it can be serviced , if need be . Carolina Dronz would be the dealer i will buy my next drone from , hands down ,I have bough parts from CD and the endorsements from people on this site and others have only said good things about Carolina Dronz and the owner .

Skydrones USA in Iowa has been a good place for me to deal with...Duane is owner...prompt shipping to WI too. I've bought two H's and many accessories from him, honest responsive dealer.

Aces deals or VH Drones are both good venders. I have bought from both of them. Just add dot com at the end.

...Also I get the Pro version has Real Sense, is there any other difference outside of the Real Sense module?...

The flight control computers etc are all exactly the same. The ONLY hardware difference is the antenna in the TH itself has been relocated to the outside of the unit and the controller ST16 (some are calling it the ST16+ but that doesn't appear to be an official name) has an extra antenna on the outside, which was relocated from inside the controller.

Its possible by the time you order, they make these two things standard for all TH models, that would make sense, but I don't think you will know for sure at this time. The Real Sense part are a very easy add on, and a check box in the settings i

Keep in mind the 920 can make it home on a limp 5 motors, the inspire will drown! :) But you have to add a lot more $$$ to the 920 gimbal camera etc.. but its an amazing bird....

i would avoid buying a 920 today because there is an updated hardware version expected in the near future that gives it more TH like abilities that I am hearing is very close to being available - I was waived off that purchase by the dealer I spoke to for those reasons. Not sure if they have updated the 920 with the easy to remove arms yet, but if they have not that means the correct version will also require tools to fold out arms. The next version (if they haven't already made that update) will be toeless and a better software features etc like the TH).

With that said there is also a new Inspire coming in feb 2017 approx. that is expected to have some very good improvements over the Inspire v.2 thats out now. so not a good time to buy an inspire either. We are in a black out zone of approx. 6 months while new models get ready for sale...

This means the TH is the best buy for anyone needing something now in my opinion where it meets the needs for camera quality etc.

I have a feeling that in the next 90 days we will also seen better camera gear for the TH (This is speculation). Based on the h920 platform redesign its possible that they will either move the currently available 920 camera's to availability for the TH, or the new 920 will have camera systems that are going to work with the TH and have some overlap between them.

I for one am excited at the possibility of additional camera options... I'm starting to be happy with the TH flying platform - and options for cameras up market would really polish this TH platform.

So does the H only they are not covered in plastic!

Brian I have not seen a NON PRO version, but from other reports I thought that pro version came out 2 inches and the non pro was considerable less outside the body... not sure that makes a big deal - and its pretty minor likely....

Brian I have not seen a NON PRO version, but from other reports I thought that pro version came out 2 inches and the non pro was considerable less outside the body... not sure that makes a big deal - and its pretty minor likely....

Well the plastic is about two inches I do not know about the antenna -- they could have done that on the H too without much bother :) but no love :) these are the external antennas on the H
IMG_0668.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval