Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where we go with Yuneec

I just got an email from B&H alerting me that the H Plus was discontinued as well. Sigh.

So that makes me concerned about availability of parts to repair the Plus . . . do we know if the parts from the H3 will work on the Plus?
Quite a bit shared, obviously not the camera, don't know about the mainboards, they could be flashed with plus software? Arms,motors,landing gear etc all interchangeable. H3 seems just a tarted up version of a plus anyway.

Seems to me the message is now up in bright red neon signage. Obtain all the parts you can from wherever you can. They won’t be available much longer.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Agreed, @PatR

What has always been frustrating to me is the continuing spotty inventory of basic parts, even from licensed Yuneec dealers. On a recent search of a major US east coast Yuneec dealer, for parts such as a landing gear leg and a H+ charger cable, I found the following:

Yuneec Typhoon H Landing Gear Strut — In Production (Out of Stock)
Yuneec Typhoon H+ Landing Gear — In Production (Not For Sale)
Yuneec Typhoon H3 Landing Gear — No Listing

Yuneec Typhoon H+ Charging Cable — Discontinued (Not For Sale)

Interchangability becomes moot, if none can be found across all models... :rolleyes:

Agreed, @PatR

Interchangability becomes moot, if none can be found across all models... :rolleyes:

Me thinks that state is rapidly approaching. The first indicator of what was to come was demonstrated when the battery supply dried up. Since Yuneec doesn’t make them it suggested nobody wanted to do business with them.

Okay. DO NOT trust or base your business on Yuneec aircraft. Meaning, DO NOT cause your business to be completely reliant on Yuneec aircraft. Diversify your fleet. If you are completely set on Yuneec, then AT LEAST have multiple airframes to use, should one go down or need repair, you will have other aircraft to use. There is no excuse to have a business stoppage or loss of income because your aircraft has been away for repair for months. Serious business has a backup in all things.

I love my 480 and H+, and from what I've read of others, the 520 and 920 are wonderful platforms.

HOWEVER

Yuneec's demonstrated behaviour indicates a company in trouble with serious cash issues. Their response to customer feedback has been nonexistent in regard to upgrades and feature adds to existing platforms. Promises were made in regard to payloads: not kept. Difficulty in talking to a human being is unacceptable. The battery situation is abhorrent. (strong word, I know)

IMHO, purchasing the new H3 is a massive financial gamble, considering that for around the same price, a lightly used I2 with X5s can be had if you keep your eye out. (around, to me, is $500) This, of course, all depends on your needs, your current fleet, your risk tolerance, cash on hand, etc.

Personally, I will not spend another dime with Yuneec any time soon, other than operating expenses to keep my 480 and H+ in the air. If they break badly, I'll sell for parts and salvage to recover what funds I can. If however, 1 year from now, the H3 is a blinding success, customer service becomes immediately responsive, repairs and updates are done quickly, updates are responsive to customer issues and feature requests, and batteries are abundant... I will consider an H3.

"Consider" only though, as I'm not planning to make any major fleet changes or purchases until this RFID thing irons out in a few years and solutions hit the market. My current fleet meets my needs. Unless I change offerings and take up mapping, agriculture or something beyond aerial images and video, I'm good for now. Besides, in a few years, my fleet will probably be EOL'd anyway.

You asked for an honest opinion, and that is mine, subject to change at any time as new information comes in.

My thoughts exactly Fred. Well said.

I will always remain very fond of the original Typhoon's achievements, originality, and value. I suppose it is this type of feeling that has kept many of us dreaming of what a refined and perfected Typhoon could or should be and thus still holding out hope when the facts and time are telling the story. In my estimation, the 520 and the Plus may be remembered as the apex of the Typhoon line.

After having my Plus for over a year and a half I felt it was time to add to my collection one last time until we find out how RFID plays out, and when I seriously looked at what drone would best compliment the things I want to do, I felt that redundancy may not be the way to go - especially considering all of the woes facing Yuneec. All I can say is do your homework before purchasing, know what it is you need and research the other brands - they all have good and bad points just like the Typhoons but don't be afraid to consider diversifying your fleet - you may just find it adds a whole new twist to your 'drone' experience. ;)

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Seems to me the message is now up in bright red neon signage. Obtain all the parts you can from wherever you can. They won’t be available much longer.
Always been my policy. I'm like a Magpie!

Agreed, @PatR

What has always been frustrating to me is the continuing spotty inventory of basic parts, even from licensed Yuneec dealers. On a recent search of a major US east coast Yuneec dealer, for parts such as a landing gear leg and a H+ charger cable, I found the following:

Yuneec Typhoon H Landing Gear Strut — In Production (Out of Stock)
Yuneec Typhoon H+ Landing Gear — In Production (Not For Sale)
Yuneec Typhoon H3 Landing Gear — No Listing

Yuneec Typhoon H+ Charging Cable — Discontinued (Not For Sale)

Something to make you jealous!

... I felt that redundancy may not be the way to go...

I hope you’re enjoying the new “diversification”......I’m sure you are. I really enjoy flying mine!

I’ll wait for this next Evo and see what happens. I’m just not inclined to become part of DJI’s database again. If I intended to get serious I’d spend a bunch of money on an “unlimited” custom unit or peruse the high end offerings. Buying over and over again to obtain limited “improvements” is to me a sucker’s game.

Hi. Nice to read the old Francois again. I think this whole story of which is the better drone,boils down to what we truly believe in. Just like Ford vs Chevy etc. Most of us here are Yuneec supporters,as we have looked for and found all the good we can, and then we make the best of it!With the support you receive here on this Forum it is almost like having an expanded customer service Dept. I would see how far I could get with the H. I have a shirt that says [crash,repair repeat] Good luck to you Viva La Canada,EH! Keith
Thank' Keith for your answer

Reactions: 7cyclops
As a fellow Canadian, and certified Transport Canada pilot, I understand your frustration with the TC pilot exams and un-necessary and ridiculous depth of aeronautical knowlege required to pass the exam.

With regard to Yuneec and their future as a drone manufacturer, even though I have 4 Yuneec copters, I have serious doubts as to the company's viability, given the customer service decline and parts inavailability over the past year or 2. In addition, Yuneec always seems to miss the mark when it comes to new features in its offerings - nice fetures in one model, taken away in the next, a year or more behind DJI for standard functionality, very poor communication with customer base with regard to future direction, updates etc. So for me its a love/hate relationship - I really love the way my H480's, H520 and H920+ fly, but fearful of the future support and progress.......
Thank's for your answer

Well said. I admire the products. Yuneec has a very good design but never seems to get the updates completed. it's as though their products reach 80% completion of the capabilities and then stops. I attribute that to the change in ownership which occurred in 2017. The genius and passion of the original developer/owner is missing.

Nevertheless, the newer aircraft each have redeeming features and reliability that keeps us hooked. My biggest concern is not of a company default but rather the escalating freeze on shipping for fear of virus migration.
Thank's Steve for your answer

I'm tired of blaming China for crappy service and sub-standard merchandise. With all the interest and enthusiasm shown by the Drone pilots here in the USA and in Canada you would think at least one company would be created to manufacture the best prosumer-grade UAVs in the world--A company with a dependable repair and parts facility and great customer service. I'd buy stock in such a company in a heartbeat. I wish I had the seed start-up capital. Too bad Bloomberg isn't into Drones.

There actually are a couple super good drone manufacturers but they don’t serve the consumer market. There’s just no profit potential as long as Chinese companies can make and sell stuff at cost or less than cost.

I’ve dealt directly with another U.S. manufacturer and brought up the possibility of manufacturing for the public. The reply was a very quick “no” with an explanation of how competing with DJI “packaging” could not be done for anywhere close to DJI fee levels.

Without assigning any blame, we got spoiled by relatively cheap prices for fairly capable hardware. If all the Chinese makers were to stop doing business today the U.S. consumer drone market would stop with it as very, very few current participants would be willing to spend more than double what they pay now for new products. OTOH, such a price increase is likely inevitable 3 years from now due to the cost of regulatory compliance.

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430