Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which antenna for ST16 to ST16+ upgrade

Reaction score
There are guides out on the benefits of upgrading a ST16 to a ST16+ (moving the internal antenna outside). I called Yuneec about purchasing either a set of antennas for the ST16+ (the 2.4GHz seems to have gone from the typical mushroom to what looks like a PCB version) or purchasing just the 5.8GHz antenna for the ST16. However, Yuneec does not have, nor are they willing to sell me any antennas. So, if one were to desire to upgrade their controller, other than the Itelite and/or FPVLR antennas, what antenna are folks using for the third one?

There are guides out on the benefits of upgrading a ST16 to a ST16+ (moving the internal antenna outside). I called Yuneec about purchasing either a set of antennas for the ST16+ (the 2.4GHz seems to have gone from the typical mushroom to what looks like a PCB version) or purchasing just the 5.8GHz antenna for the ST16. However, Yuneec does not have, nor are they willing to sell me any antennas. So, if one were to desire to upgrade their controller, other than the Itelite and/or FPVLR antennas, what antenna are folks using for the third one?

I would recommend the Alfa 2.4HGz 7dBi Booster RP-SMA for telemetry and control and the
ImmersionRC - 5,8GHz 8dBi Mini LHCP for Video. I achieved more than 7200 ft with this combination.

I would recommend the Alfa 2.4HGz 7dBi Booster RP-SMA for telemetry and control and the
ImmersionRC - 5,8GHz 8dBi Mini LHCP for Video. I achieved more than 7200 ft with this combination.
thx for tip :)
ordered ImmersionRC and ready recived augh... wrong SMA instead of RP-SMA:) ordered adapter connector:)

oh sorry I forgot to mention...

below you see how it looks like, I received today even the bigger one with 13dbi... :)
876600CF-0A79-4790-88E6-17CB493F155C.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval