Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which filters do I need?

Well it was bound to happen... Crash

A gust of wind came it pushed it into a tree about 20ft up. It was caught so I got help from a friend and we had a blanket under it to catch so once I released the landing gear it came down and hit the blanket but then rolled off onto the ground. One prop broke and the camera as you can see. Does it look like a minor issue/fix? I did test the drone again and it did start up.
97c325a4f09403e48980b354088337b8.jpg

I took it apart and it looks like the wires we cut when it fell. But it seems that I can just resolder the wire back on.

I took it apart and it looks like the wires we cut when it fell. But it seems that I can just resolder the wire back on.
The good part is all 6 are still there.
You need to check for shorts between the wires. The insulation often gets cut on the edge of the metal slip ring casing, resulting in cuts that are hard to see. A close inspection might even reveal some that have some damage to the wire itself.
Other than that, yeah, it's a good bet for an easy repair.

C23_E90 Contact Plate Wire Color.jpg

The good part is all 6 are still there.
You need to check for shorts between the wires. The insulation often gets cut on the edge of the metal slip ring casing, resulting in cuts that are hard to see. A close inspection might even reveal some that have some damage to the wire itself.
Other than that, yeah, it's a good bet for an easy repair.

View attachment 20800
Thanks a lot and I did notice on the black wire that there was a piece of insulation missing so I will make sure it's taped off properly.

Thanks a lot and I did notice on the black wire that there was a piece of insulation missing so I will make sure it's taped off properly.

Hi Chad. Don't do a insulating tape jod. If you are going to do a repair job do it right the first time. Get yourself some heat shrink tubing slid it onto the wires and solder the wires up. You then pull the heat shrink tubing down over the solder repair joint and shrink it with either the soldering iron or a heat gun. The tubing has an adhesive on the inside and helps with vibrations.
Mike

Hi Chad. Don't do a insulating tape jod. If you are going to do a repair job do it right the first time. Get yourself some heat shrink tubing slid it onto the wires and solder the wires up. You then pull the heat shrink tubing down over the solder repair joint and shrink it with either the soldering iron or a heat gun. The tubing has an adhesive on the inside and helps with vibrations.
Mike
Would something like this work?

Ginsco 580 pcs 2:1 Heat Shrink Tube 6 Colors 11 Sizes Tubing Set Combo Assorted Sleeving Wrap Cable Wire Kit for DIY Ginsco 580 pcs 2:1 Heat Shrink Tube 6 Colors 11 Sizes Tubing Set Combo Assorted Sleeving Wrap Cable Wire Kit for DIY: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Reactions: Mike Irish
Great thanks I just ordered it. I'm going to BestBuy tomorrow to get the props, they have them in store near me. Of course I'm doing the Curbside Pickup that they offer.

I also ordered this since I didn't have one.

Just a word of advice make sure you get the props for the plus as they're bigger.
That camera holder looks much better than the yuneek one. I just drilled a small like in mine and fitted a red ribbon to it!

Just a word of advice make sure you get the props for the plus as they're bigger.
That camera holder looks much better than the yuneek one. I just drilled a small like in mine and fitted a red ribbon to it!
I did order the H Plus props and they should be here on Friday along with the gimbal cover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1