Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which phone

Reaction score
Hi first time on here trying to find an up to date list of phones that work with the breeze

Thanks

Just an idea: I use an ancient Samsung galaxy S5 for the breeze. I believe that's the oldest phone with 802.11ac, and works great with the breeze. You can add a internal SD card to store a ton of breeze images without clogging up the phone's main internal memory. The S5 connects easily to any PC from WinXP to W10. These things are old enough they are basically free online. They even have a great camera as a bonus. I'd bet that is the cheapest phone option for the breeze.

Reactions: LBasco1
Just an idea: I use an ancient Samsung galaxy S5 for the breeze. I believe that's the oldest phone with 802.11ac, and works great with the breeze. You can add a internal SD card to store a ton of breeze images without clogging up the phone's main internal memory. The S5 connects easily to any PC from WinXP to W10. These things are old enough they are basically free online. They even have a great camera as a bonus. I'd bet that is the cheapest phone option for the breeze.
I use an S5 for my Breeze...recently went with an OTG Cable....perfect picture on screen for entire flight....gotta find a shorter S5 cable for the USB Female to USB-B interface....stock S5 cable way too long

OTG cable - great idea LB! I should have tried that too!
Help me out, folks - I am not getting the point about the cables, how are they improving things? The only cable uses with the Breeze that I am aware of are charging the controller via USB, and directly accessing the Breeze storage via PC, is there anything else?
(I always wondered whether you could connect external WiFi cards to Android phones via USB, for benefitting of the larger external antennas, as an alternative to the range extenders. But I never found anything...)

LBasco1 is describing his [smart] use of a USB cable from console to phone instead of using the bluetooth link. That's one less wireless interface to go wrong, less phone battery load, and can result in faster live image updates since it's little software load on the phone. CableCreations has a slick 8" usb/otg cable that's the Spark/Mavic crowd use a lot, like 6 bucks on Amazon.

Reactions: robbie2
LBasco1 is describing his [smart] use of a USB cable from console to phone instead of using the bluetooth link. That's one less wireless interface to go wrong, less phone battery load, and can result in faster live image updates since it's little software load on the phone. CableCreations has a slick 8" usb/otg cable that's the Spark/Mavic crowd use a lot, like 6 bucks on Amazon.
So the point is that we can connect the Breeze controller to the phone via OTG USB? I totally see why that is cool [emoji41].
Thanks both!

So the point is that we can connect the Breeze controller to the phone via OTG USB? I totally see why that is cool [emoji41].
Thanks both!
Meanwhile, I tried connecting the Breeze controller to my Nexus 5 (which does support OTG) via a micro to micro OTH cable I head lying around and - got nowhere.
The same with my Android tablet, for which I got an USB-C to USB-A female OTG cable, adapted to a micro USB to USB-A cable that connects the Breeze controller.
In both cases, I cannot get the Breeze Cam app to recognize the controller at all.
Nor does the phone or tablet recognize the controller outside the app.
I also tried changing the operation mode on the controller by holding the X button white powering on. No dice...

A bit of web search showed that the DJI and Tello folks are successfully using OTG cables for connecting Gamesir (but not every type) controllers to their phones, and then flying via controller.

So, how exactly are YOU doing this, @LBasco1? Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval