Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Who has completed Yuneec NFZ paper work for Typhoon H Plus?

Did you try the method posted previously?

1) Turn on control and drone
2) navigate to the ••• and tap on product ID
3) type your given keys without the dash

There seems to be some confusion, for sure. @didouglog care to explain how you came to this conclusion? We have members who are flying unlocked Plus's. Hopefully Mickey will see this and we'll have an answer that his is unlocked.

My understanding is:

1] You call Yuneec and provide the necessary credentials (your 107 info), they in turn provide you with a code.

2] You boot up your aircraft and controller

3] Tap the 'Settings' Cog in the top right of the screen

4] Scroll over to the Firmware tab which is three dots * * *

5] Scroll to the bottom where it says 'Product ID'

6] (This is the part I do not personally know) When you tap 'Product ID A box should pop up that lets you enter the number there.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

Except I did not call. I did it using online chat. Took 20 minutes tops.

Thanks to Ty Pilot, regarding information required for those hoping to fill out the forms, serial #, Vehicle ID #, copy of 107 license, you sign a waiver which is basically an indemnity clause holding you solely responsible for flying in the NFZ and added just today they now want to see a government issued picture ID, drivers license etc....still not sure why I received 5 pages of instructions on how to activate with a GUI from Yuneec when the process (I can only surmise they thought I had a Typhoon H) Ty Pilot lays out above is the correct way to do it. Thanks for everybody's input to finally put this to rest for me.

Attachments

• Yuneec_NFZ_Waiver-YUN-US-0423.pdf
    605.6 KB · Views: 24
Did you try the method posted previously?

1) Turn on control and drone
2) navigate to the ••• and tap on product ID
3) type your given keys without the dash
Issue for me was by not having updated to current version of software there were 8 small boxes which with the numbers I received I would not have fit...that must be why they told me over the phone today update was mandatory for the NFZ to take effect. (never got that instruction previously) Thanks Steve until today all I was doing was what was on the five pages of instructions they sent me which was GUI oriented.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Issue for me was by not having updated to current version of software there were 8 small boxes which with the numbers I received I would not have fit...that must be why they told me over the phone today update was mandatory for the NFZ to take effect. (never got that instruction previously) Thanks Steve until today all I was doing was what was on the five pages of instructions they sent me which was GUI oriented.
The instructions they sent were for the H and not for the Plus.

I've discovered from Steve Carr that the GUI does not work with the Typhoon H Plus and the way to find the "Vehicle ID#" on the ST16S. Thanks very much to Steve Carr but as I read thru the instructions from Yuneec on how to reprogram your H Plus which they sent me, the whole thing is contingent on having a working GUI for loading software. Would someone who has NFZ removal programmed into their H Plus please contact me and tell me how they did it without the GUI. Thanks very much in advance.

I have completed this process on both the H and H Plus. I did have a problem finding the ID#. It simply was not there. As I recall initially it came up as zeros. I contacted Yuneec CS and they addressed the problem and got me the correct ID. Frankly I don’t remember the details of how they did that, but they did get it fixed and I was able to enter the code provided that freed up the NFZ function in the firmware and it works fine. The process was much more straight forward with the H.
Bob

Reactions: AH-1G
I have completed this process on both the H and H Plus. I did have a problem finding the ID#. It simply was not there. As I recall initially it came up as zeros. I contacted Yuneec CS and they addressed the problem and got me the correct ID. Frankly I don’t remember the details of how they did that, but they did get it fixed and I was able to enter the code provided that freed up the NFZ function in the firmware and it works fine. The process was much more straight forward with the H.
Bob
Thanks for the info. I will be doing 3 H's with custom lenses next. It looks like smooth sailing from here.

Once I get the H plus, I need to do this for it and one of my Hs. I went thru the GUI ordeal with two other Typhoon Hs and it didn't seem to work for me - I was still blocked from flying in restricted airspace, even though I had a COA to do it. Hopefully this time it will work.

I did the “chat....email...reply....get code” process and unlocked my H+....only for 90 days though.

I’m SOL for my H Pro.....Support told me I had to use the GUI for it....and the GUI only runs on Windows.

I did the “chat....email...reply....get code” process and unlocked my H+....only for 90 days though.

I’m SOL for my H Pro.....Support told me I had to use the GUI for it....and the GUI only runs on Windows.
True. You don't have a friend with a Windows machine? The GUI runs best on Win7 or WinXP. Not so great on Win10.

No....but I could find someone with a Windows laptop....

They must have changed the form then....the one I filled out had a max of 90 days. I just set a recurring reminder with a week advanced alert.Should be able to just change the dates and send it in.

It also took 24 hours...didn’t get an email with a code until the next day, and that was after I emailed them again to ask if they’d received my email.

Reactions: Phaedrus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook