Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

who has updated its H with the firmware released on 07/13/2016 ?

I updated my H with the firmware released on 07/13/2016

• It works and it was easy to install

Votes: 56 64.4%
  • It works but it was difficult to install

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • it does not work at all

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • It was installed, but many issues came after

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • I won't update till I'm sure there no problem !

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just did the update, went smooth. Connection about 45 secs on average, GPS- no GPS flight transitions very smooth with no strange movement. Did multiple transitions without issue. So far looks good. I did not calibrate anything and bird flew great.

Did everyone on this thread have to type the '1234567890' password in order to bind with the camera after the update????

I only ask because I did not have to... which is strange that some had to and others did not have to.

I didn't have to use the password. Euro firmware update off of the Yuneec UK website.

First off, US version. Moving forward, I'll admit that I haven't yet played around with all the features & functions...heck, I've only had my Typhoon H for a week. The first thing I did after receiving it was update the firmware, and I've only flown it twice - first flight was to test the drone, and the second flight was to test the camera. So far, the only problem I've discovered...and, after talking with Yuneec's tech support, I came to understand it's a problem they're aware of, & working to quickly resolve...is that recorded shows a timestamp that's 7 hours behind the actual time. According to tech support, the latest firmware listed on the site was meant for the Pro (ie. RealSense) version only. They hope to have the problem corrected, & both firmware versions on the site, before the end of this coming week.

Once the correct firmware version are uploaded to the site, and I've downloaded/installed them, I'll first check to see if the timestamps are correct...then I'll get down to "business" testing all the other functions/features.

First off, US version. Moving forward, I'll admit that I haven't yet played around with all the features & functions...heck, I've only had my Typhoon H for a week. The first thing I did after receiving it was update the firmware, and I've only flown it twice - first flight was to test the drone, and the second flight was to test the camera. So far, the only problem I've discovered...and, after talking with Yuneec's tech support, I came to understand it's a problem they're aware of, & working to quickly resolve...is that recorded shows a timestamp that's 7 hours behind the actual time. According to tech support, the latest firmware listed on the site was meant for the Pro (ie. RealSense) version only. They hope to have the problem corrected, & both firmware versions on the site, before the end of this coming week.

Once the correct firmware version are uploaded to the site, and I've downloaded/installed them, I'll first check to see if the timestamps are correct...then I'll get down to "business" testing all the other functions/features.

This is the best explanation so far why OBS no longer works after the July 13th version upgrade. Makes perfect sense as the Real-Sense module would interact with the OBS portion and, therefore, without real-sense, there's a gaping hole through which the H can only report -- OBS not available. Waiting on the upgrade / fix. Wonder if Yuneec gave me a real-sense module to install it would all work again.

Reactions: abinder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval