Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Whoops! There It Went! One H Gone on a Flash!

The exact same thing happened to me. My Typhoon H had a malfunction with the GPS and the screen went black, and I found my H in a tree.

I called customer service 3 times, and the third time I got someone who really took care of me.

My H back with a new CG3+ in 3 weeks, free of charge.

The exact same thing happened to me. My Typhoon H had a malfunction with the GPS and the screen went black, and I found my H in a tree.

I called customer service 3 times, and the third time I got someone who really took care of me.

My H back with a new CG3+ in 3 weeks, free of charge.

Just the kind of positive experience with Yuneec I need to hear right about now. Thanks for posting. Gives me yet more hope cling onto.

Reactions: Jester
GREAT NEWS!!

I just now got off of the phone with a Yuneec rep - Andrew, a real pleasure to deal with - about my downed Typhoon H that I lost last Thursday, 3/9 through a sudden and complete disconnection between my ST16 & Typhoon H (both RC & WiFi transmissions) mid-flight. While I had him on the phone he asked me for some more information and also reviewed my flight logs as we spoke.

My version of what happened with my Typhoon H Pro that day matched up perfectly with what the flight records and last images captured revealed to him. SO, he immediately issued me EVERYTHING I need for a complete return and replacement of my Typhoon H!! New drone, backpack, ST16, batteries and props, the works!! All Ihave to do is pack up the gear that came with my Typhoon H - including my ST16, batteries, charger, etc., - and ship it all to Yuneec via the shipping label he provided me with today. I'm to call him when I ship it, he will confirm with UPS immediately that my box is on its way, and he will then send me out my replacement at the same time once that is verified. I should have my replacement in a matter of a few days. I've kept all of the original packaging that came with my Typhoon H, so it will take me only a few minutes to have everything boxed up in the backpack, put back in its shipping box, and be ready to go.

Folks, I cannot shout out loud enough my appreciation and respect that goes out to Yuneec, to them as a company and to the fine folks they have as employees and team members working for them, too. Yuneec did not ever even give off the appearance that they were going to just sidestep this issue. I was treated fairly, honestly, personally, and with great care from the moment I contacted Yuneec last week until I received the good news from them today that they were going to stand behind both their excellent product and their faithful customer.

I ask you, what more could be asked for from an international company that treated me like I was a guy living right in their neighborhood where they do business daily and who they've dealt with routinely, and who now brought a VERY huge problem with one of their products to their attention? Not one thing, in my book! Personalized service is mostly a thing of the past, but not within Yuneec's vast operation. My hat flies off to them and both thumbs are stuck WAY up. I could not be a happier customer and Typhoon H pilot!

Packing up things today and will be at UPS either before 5 p.m. today or first thing tomorrow morning. It's a cold, windy day today in Delaware where I live, but the sun is sure shining bright on me right now!

That is great news, it's always reassuring to know that if something like this ever were to happen then Yuneec would have my back. Not sure the same can be said for DJI in general...

Reactions: CC Rider
Andrew is awesome. That is who I dealth with on my return for the GPS issue. Not the best at the return email thing, but over the phone and in every other customer service way, he rocks, and Yuneec rocks. The whole reason I chose them over DJI was all I read about their stellar customer service and willingness to back their product. Many companies could learn from them. I'm sure your story alone just made them future customers.
Glad to hear you'll be back and flying soon, without the extra $ out of pocket, as your backup plan would have had you needing to do.

Great news! And thank you for posting all the details.

Makes me feel a bit more comfortable as I sit down to compose my story from my log notes, regarding my first unconventional flight, rather landing, just a few hours ago.

I will not hijack your great news here, and instead will congratulate you for your patience and trust!

Jeff

Andrew is awesome. That is who I dealth with on my return for the GPS issue. Not the best at the return email thing, but over the phone and in every other customer service way, he rocks, and Yuneec rocks. The whole reason I chose them over DJI was all I read about their stellar customer service and willingness to back their product. Many companies could learn from them. I'm sure your story alone just made them future customers.
Glad to hear you'll be back and flying soon, without the extra $ out of pocket, as your backup plan would have had you needing to do.

Yes, Jester, you are 100% correct with everything you just said, my friend. Sounds like your dealings with Andrew matched mine, which confirms the opinion I have of him, and of Yuneec, too. They overreached my expectations of them.

If my story about how well Yuneec treated me throws some business Yuneec's way, then I could not be more pleased, as I am sure you would agree with. Credit needs to go to those who deserve it. I have an average expectation when it comes to dealing with companies with such a problem, and Yuneec totally eclipsed it.

Now, more than ever, I will strongly give Yuneec, their products and service, and their customer service my complete, full, faithful, and ultimate support. They have earned every reason for me to do so, that's for certain.

I knew this whole time they were going to take care of you. But I now the suspense was killing you!! Lol. So happy to hear this news my friend!!

Special thanks to you, Chad, throughout this ordeal. Your faith in Yuneec based upon your own positive experiences with them was contagious and truly helped to keep my faith and hope alive, my good friend. THANK YOU! It spared me what could have been some sleepless nights and also served me very well in how I dealt with and approached Yuneec about this problem.

Because I trusted your words you shared with me since this first happened and by assuring me I WOULD be well-taken care of by Yuneec, I was totally calm and filled with confidence as I related what occurred and discussed the situation with their rep today, feeling as though I had right on my side the entire time, which is a good, strong force to have in your backpocket and definitely influenced what I said and how I said it .Although I did not and would not mention you by name even if asked, I did refer to you and your positive dealings with Yuneec, ultimately asking them to merely treat me in much the same way. Well, they did! And a new Typhoon H Pro - with RealSense! - will be heading my way before too long.

Prayers and good thoughts ARE answered and responded to, in some grand cosmic way. Positive energy tends to bring about positive outcomes. And nothing but goodwill flowed from the members of this forum about my situation. My Thanks to EVERYONE who was out there rooting for me and supporting me. The magic worked!

Great news! And thank you for posting all the details.

Makes me feel a bit more comfortable as I sit down to compose my story from my log notes, regarding my first unconventional flight, rather landing, just a few hours ago.

I will not hijack your great news here, and instead will congratulate you for your patience and trust!

Jeff

Hey, "Every Man's burden is the heaviest," buddy. The weight you feel is felt strongest by you and you need to vent and share, too. So do not worry at all about raining on my parade in the slightest. No hijacking done here on your part whatsoever.

I'm just really sorry to hear about YOUR very recent brush with bad news, Jeff. DO make sure you have all of your facts and data gathered together before you contact Yuneec and approach them professionally and confidently. I think they pick up on that approach and appreciate it. Please let us know, perhaps in a new thread so many others will see it and respond to it, exactly what happened and what you feel you are up against. As you know, there are folks in this Forum just waiting for the opportunity to help out another Typhoon pilot.

I'd like to know more about your ordeal, so please post a thread and tell us all about it.

P.S. Thanks for your congratulations given to me during your own time of woe. It means a lot to me.

Last edited:
Hey, "Every Man's burden is the heaviest," buddy. The weight you feel is felt strongest by you and you need to vent and share, too. So do not worry at all about raining on my parade in the slightest. No hijacking done here on your part whatsoever.

I'm just really sorry to hear about YOUR very recent brush with bad news, Jeff. DO make sure you have all of your facts and data gathered together before you contact Yuneec and approach them professionally and confidently. I think they pick up on that approach and appreciate it. Please let us know, perhaps in a new thread so many others will see it and respond to it,exactly what happened and what you feel you are up against. As you know, there are folks in this Forum just waiting for the opportunity to help out another Typhoon pilot.

I'd like to know more about your ordeal, so please post thread and tell us all about it.

P.S. Thanks for your congratulations given to me during your own time of woe. It means a lot to me.

Thanks CC!

I have been in customer service and support for some 37 years. I know exactly what you speak regarding facts, details, and professionalism.

Also, thank you for the offer to vent. Fortunately, I do not feel the need, as I know how these things go (technology). Anxious? Yes! Cuz today is the best day to fly in some time. Not a cloud in the sky, let alone light and variable conditions.

I will get everything together and will post in a new thread in due time.

Thanks again!

Jeff

GREAT NEWS!!

I just now got off of the phone with a Yuneec rep - Andrew, a real pleasure to deal with - about my downed Typhoon H that I lost last Thursday, 3/9 through a sudden and complete disconnection between my ST16 & Typhoon H (both RC & WiFi transmissions) mid-flight. While I had him on the phone he asked me for some more information and also reviewed my flight logs as we spoke.

My version of what happened with my Typhoon H Pro that day matched up perfectly with what the flight records and last images captured revealed to him. SO, he immediately issued me EVERYTHING I need for a complete return and replacement of my Typhoon H!! New drone, backpack, ST16, batteries and props, the works!! All Ihave to do is pack up the gear that came with my Typhoon H - including my ST16, batteries, charger, etc., - and ship it all to Yuneec via the shipping label he provided me with today. I'm to call him when I ship it, he will confirm with UPS immediately that my box is on its way, and he will then send me out my replacement at the same time once that is verified. I should have my replacement in a matter of a few days. I've kept all of the original packaging that came with my Typhoon H, so it will take me only a few minutes to have everything boxed up in the backpack, put back in its shipping box, and be ready to go.

Folks, I cannot shout out loud enough my appreciation and respect that goes out to Yuneec, to them as a company and to the fine folks they have as employees and team members working for them, too. Yuneec did not ever even give off the appearance that they were going to just sidestep this issue. I was treated fairly, honestly, personally, and with great care from the moment I contacted Yuneec last week until I received the good news from them today that they were going to stand behind both their excellent product and their faithful customer.

I ask you, what more could be asked for from an international company that treated me like I was a guy living right in their neighborhood where they do business daily and who they've dealt with routinely, and who now brought a VERY huge problem with one of their products to their attention? Not one thing, in my book! Personalized service is mostly a thing of the past, but not within Yuneec's vast operation. My hat flies off to them and both thumbs are stuck WAY up. I could not be a happier customer and Typhoon H pilot!

Packing up things today and will be at UPS either before 5 p.m. today or first thing tomorrow morning. It's a cold, windy day today in Delaware where I live, but the sun is sure shining bright on me right now!

Congratulations CC, so happy for your resolution! I was hoping for the same for my case but I don't think that I should rain on your parade.

With so many positive responses on this post about Yuneec, I am rather ambivalent to express what I am going through with customer service. I would certainly be willing to PM you on the details but want this to be a positive post. I still have hopes even after 10 days of limbo. Mike

With so many positive responses on this post about Yuneec, I am rather ambivalent to express what I am going through with customer service. I would certainly be willing to PM you on the details but want this to be a positive post. I still have hopes even after 10 days of limbo. Mike

Hey, Mike, do whatever feels right to you, man. If you want to PM me please feel free to do so. But if you just want to let it rip here and let the truth set you free then do that instead. Whatever suits your needs best, my friend, do that, please. Hope to hear from you soon either way.

A good possibility, as that area is home to red tail hawks, osprey and even eagles are often spotted in the vicinity. I was out filming over the water, but there are stands of trees located close nearby along the shorelines that do have active, protected nests. A bird strike is not something I can rule out.

CC,

I get to deal with bald eagles and Osprey's out this way. I sweat the eagles since they often hunt in pairs but the Ospreys I fear. There's not a flight I encounter one that it doesn't turn around and go after the H. Every time! There have been quite a few times I've had to be quick and dodge a dive on the way back to the launch point. It's so bad with those birds I won't fly around the river and let the H get very far away. 300-500' horizontally is about the max because of them.

So glad, CC! I was sure that they would take care of you... And Foxs1, please share your experience...
maybe in a separate thread? We have seen so many positive outcomes, at least from the US customer service
based in Ontario, CA. Just because your experience was not what has been the norm, that does not minimize the
validity of your opinion.

No company hits 100% and if you post what went south in your experience, sharing that info can only benefit us all.
Knowledge is power, particularly these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis