Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WI-FI and Controller Issues

Reaction score
Got 2 new Breeze 4K's. I can only get the drone to hook up to my iTouch 5th Gen. If I try to hook up the bluetooth to the controller it hooks up. I have video on the ap, but ready to fly when I hit the "CONTROLLER" icon on the AP it dumps out to the home screen on my iTouch.
My iPHone is a iPhone 5 (not S) it will hook to WI-FI with the drone and I can see video, so it's connected, but as soon as I try to use a function like "Journey" it goes to the black "help screens" the second screen has the LIFT OFF button, but nothing happens.
Launched the drone yesterday with the itouch, flying less than 100 feet up. "Lost WI-FI" connection and I stared at it as it drifted towards a swimming/splash pool complex. It did stop finally. Would the GEO FENCE (still active?) I hope, have kept it from doing danger elsewhere? How do I reconnect while it's floating above me. When I restarted the wi-fi connection it wanted to know if I wanted to "lift off" no, it was already and still in the air? Frustrating! I've seen people on these forums claim an iPhone 5 works for them. Possibly they don't realize they have an "S" version?

You will find the Bluetooth controller will not work on either the iPhone 5 or the iTouch 5th gen. It will work with the 5s and later.

You should be able to fly with the iPhone 5, but might get better WiFi connection if you use it without a protective case.

The first time you use a Task mode you need to swipe through all of the help screens. The buttons are not active in those screens.

You will find the Bluetooth controller will not work on either the iPhone 5 or the iTouch 5th gen. It will work with the 5s and later.

You should be able to fly with the iPhone 5, but might get better WiFi connection if you use it without a protective case.

The first time you use a Task mode you need to swipe through all of the help screens. The buttons are not active in those screens.
Thanks I'll try again with the phone. The iTouch seems to be working best. Wasn't aware of the swiping through ALL help screens. Will give that a shot. No protective case on the phone. As for my second half? lost Wi-Fi? will it automatically go to Return to Home mode? Searching a field for a lost drone is not new to me ...... but having one heading for a populated area, next to a highway, a little unnerving.

As long as you have GPS enabled in the Breeze Cam app it will do an auto-RTH on loss of WiFi connection.

It should hover for about 30 seconds, then rise to RTH height that you set in Drone Settings and fly straight back to the takeoff point. It will then hover for about 30 seconds waiting to regain WiFi connectivity, then land itself if you don’t reconnect.

I also shutdown all apps before launching Breeze Cam to reduce the possibility of something interfering during flight. If you are not live streaming video to Facebook or Youtube you can also put the phone in airplane mode and then just turn on WiFi before connecting to the Breeze.

As long as you have GPS enabled in the Breeze Cam app it will do an auto-RTH on loss of WiFi connection.

It should hover for about 30 seconds, then rise to RTH height that you set in Drone Settings and fly straight back to the takeoff point. It will then hover for about 30 seconds waiting to regain WiFi connectivity, then land itself if you don’t reconnect.

I also shutdown all apps before launching Breeze Cam to reduce the possibility of something interfering during flight. If you are not live streaming video to Facebook or Youtube you can also put the phone in airplane mode and then just turn on WiFi before connecting to the Breeze.
Thanks! Reassuring. That was a long heart-pounding 30 seconds wondering where it was going next! First drone with GPS and "fences" and such.

Ok, one more question. Will the Wi-FI from a ZTE ZFIVE C LTE android work? it has Android 7.1 on it, but I can't find the "speed" (the "5 gHZ" or something it also requires. It's not showing up in the Wi-Fi .... and worried!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval