Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WiFi st16s

Reaction score
Hey folks, having problem with St16s and WiFi, I searched for fix but have come up empty. Long story short, my h plus was stolen along with all my batteries, controller, cords (they took my whole backpack and another bag I had in truck).. anyway, I bought an St16s off eBay and I’m tryiing to update but it won’t connect to home WiFi.

when I go into settings, the 1st page shows the list of things, and the “WiFi” section to the right shows “off/on”..but It’s grayed out and won’t allow me to turn on.
when I go into the WiFi page, it just says “turning WiFi on”…but then nothing happens and the off/on is still greyed out.

is this an easy fix or a bad controller? I currently do not have any batteries for my drone. I did put together a drone from spare parts I had but just dont have battery yet, they’re coming this week, so I can’t test if the controller can communicate with drone, which I imagine would be a pretty big step in the fix-it process to go down the line and eliminate some things as being the problem. So, is there something I’m missing that can be fixed now easily, or should I wait till im able to put drone on to troubleshoot?

thank you much

Mark

Attachments

• A77C9CDD-A53A-4D6F-A53F-FE350E1583C9.jpeg
    A77C9CDD-A53A-4D6F-A53F-FE350E1583C9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 4DD898E8-5417-456D-90C5-07898A1331A9.jpeg
    4DD898E8-5417-456D-90C5-07898A1331A9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 78269144-F9D2-4ADF-B525-78B370EEAEEE.jpeg
    78269144-F9D2-4ADF-B525-78B370EEAEEE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
To do a factory reset and to try again? Without APK installed, WiFi is the first thing.

I did factory reset and nothing….then updated to most recent firmware and still nothing.

Think I’m looking at a bad WiFi board I believe, unless there’s something simple I’m missing. Problem is I can’t return it because I bought in October and I just now finished building my drone, and will have batteries coming on Wednesday to fully reset everything.

Kind of hard to ask for refund on eBay for something you bought 2 months ago.

All that said, if it is WiFi board, are the board the same in st16 and st16s.. And, how hard is it to install? I think John has some on his site for $60-ish but they don’t say 16S just regular st16 for typhoon h

Let me say again. This is just an android device. The last firmware has no relation to WiFI at all. Some routers, instead they're discoverable in fact, can't be discovered by some devices. Strange, but this is a fact. I have one 4G router, which is discoverable and pairable for some devices, and hidden for some. The ST16S, which whit I'm playing right now, can't see it, but perfectly see my phone as a hotspot. Before making any decision, just try to catch some AP's and see them on the screen. Only after that you can say, is the controller defective or just the connection between your devices is not OK.

Let me say again. This is just an android device. The last firmware has no relation to WiFI at all. Some routers, instead they're discoverable in fact, can't be discovered by some devices. Strange, but this is a fact. I have one 4G router, which is discoverable and pairable for some devices, and hidden for some. The ST16S, which whit I'm playing right now, can't see it, but perfectly see my phone as a hotspot. Before making any decision, just try to catch some AP's and see them on the screen. Only after that you can say, is the controller defective or just the connection between your devices is not OK.
I guessed this was sort of my question: odd there something I’m missing out a screen I can go into where it will turn something on/off so WiFi can be discoverable? I’m using all apple devices and did try to turn on hotspot on phone but st16 didn’t See it.

Another issue is I’ve had about 3-4 different st16s’s In the past 2 years v and never had this problem, so that’s why I think it could be bad WiFi board.

I suspect the wifi module has failed. It's possible the ST16s had been left turned on without the antennas connected by the previous owner.
It appears the wifi module are different in the ST16 vs ST16s.
It is not difficult to change. It's shown in the video below.
It isn't necessary to remove the fan as shown in the video. Just remove the 4 screws holding the heat sync in place and the fan will come out with it.

I suspect the wifi module has failed. It's possible the ST16s had been left turned on without the antennas connected by the previous owner.
It isn't necessary to remove the fan as shown in the video. Just remove the 4 screws holding the heat sync in place and the fan will come out with it.

Thanks Steve. Guess I’ll have to look for WiFi board, doesn’t seem too difficult to change.
Might even just buy another controller if I can get one under $150-$175, they come up pretty cheap every so often.

Well, I’m willing to bet this has something to do with it. Don’t think that should be out like that, but how would that come loose And what is it?

Attachments

• DCC11D4B-76B5-4884-9F7D-AF48400F8FB0.jpeg
    DCC11D4B-76B5-4884-9F7D-AF48400F8FB0.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
Well, I’m willing to bet this has something to do with it. Don’t think that should be out like that, but how would that come loose And what is it?

Attachments

• 0AB8D1FA-F492-47F0-AB18-61F5DD715F2E.jpeg
    0AB8D1FA-F492-47F0-AB18-61F5DD715F2E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
There’s

there’s no WiFi board even in it!!
OMG! Which eBay seller did you use so we know to stay away from them?

So sorry you got scammed. Hopefully nothing else is a problem with it.

OMG! Which eBay seller did you use so we know to stay away from them?

So sorry you got scammed. Hopefully nothing else is a problem with it.
kc liquidation .. I sent message and return request, we’ll wait to see what they do. As stated, I bought it in October and aside from turning it on to ensure screen worked and no issues, I haven5 done anything with it until today.

thats just insane, no board at all. He had a whole lot of them so I can’t imagine I was the only person that got a bad one. This was my first bad experience on eBay in many years. They’re a liquidation place so I doubt they even do much DD, though listing did say “inspected and guaranteed to work”…which was clearly ********.

I’ll let you know what happens

*and I guess the bad luck with the h plus continues, first someone steals mine and my equipment, now I get scammed on eBay. Lol. Truth be told, I should have thoroughly tested when I first got it but I didn’t, so I guess I’m partly to blame.

Attachments

• 1DCFFE30-F3B5-4E36-8B91-502C99FF57AE.png
    1DCFFE30-F3B5-4E36-8B91-502C99FF57AE.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
WOW. That was a big oversight on their part. I suspect that vendor acquired a bunch of parts from KAV which is just 15 miles away.
Maybe they would make you a deal on this one. It states the controller is password protected. If that is all that is wrong there is a way to fix that issue.

WOW. That was a big oversight on their part. I suspect that vendor acquired a bunch of parts from KAV which is just 15 miles away.
Maybe they would make you a deal on this one. It states the controller is password protected. If that is all that is wrong there is a way to fix that issue.

Yes I saw that one as well, was going to ask you guys if that would be an easy fix. Hopefully they won’t just blow me off and ignore my request, hoping they at least message me back with some sort of resolution.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It states the controller is password protected. If that is all that is wrong there is a way to fix that issue.
Don't trap in these simple tricks. Usually, the controller is PIN protected if there is something more wrong with it. The seller is not responsive in this case, because preliminary he/she said that no further checks are possible due to PIN restriction.

WiFi in 16S isn't the same as in 16? I have 16S, which should be opened for a repair, but not right now I'll do that.

Steve, per our PM’s..pic of board below, is this correct one? I’m very surprised they are willing to make things right when they could have told me to go piss up a rope. They’ve earned My business

Attachments

• 1D0F960F-B985-4C60-A31B-70879E3D4F65.png
    1D0F960F-B985-4C60-A31B-70879E3D4F65.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • CADDFA54-81F5-4037-8E23-BE2ED3A981F1.png
    CADDFA54-81F5-4037-8E23-BE2ED3A981F1.png
    548.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 519E8F21-0423-4AFB-9F4B-646F14CAD7F9.png
    519E8F21-0423-4AFB-9F4B-646F14CAD7F9.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: DoomMeister
You know, it just dawned on me…most of my posts on here end up as being a soap opera, folks laugh, they cry, posts take folks on a roller coaster of emotions.. will he get the WiFi board, will the company make things right or leave him hanging, was it the professor in the study.... with the candlestick?? Who knows, but rest assured, as in all my posts/threads...a resolution will be had.

Thanks for watching folks, be back in 2 and 2..

Last edited:
That appears to be the correct card. Notice the thermal paste on the metal cover. That suggests it was removed from an ST16S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval