Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will an Otterbox Defender Affect Range on a Breeze 4K?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have read a few threads here discussing the use of wifi repeaters to help increase the range of the drone. I don't have the time/money to address the repeater issue. So...just asking out of curiosity, I control my Breeze with a first generation Pixel XL, and it has an Otterbox Defender case on it. If I were to remove the case, would that have any positive effect on range control with the drone? Thanks in advance!

It should at least make some difference, especially for the video feed to the phone. It also makes a difference what country you are in for the allowable power output of WiFi on your phone. That level is set via information exchanged with the cellular network you are connected to.

I am in the U.S. (midwest, specifically), for what it is worth. Thanks for the info.

I am in the U.S. (midwest, specifically), for what it is worth. Thanks for the info.
Use a clear bumper case while you fly that should help you. I have one and I'm getting Max range also be aware of where your antenna is located on your phone and make sure it's points towards the Breeze while your flying.

Thought I would post an update to this thread with my findings. I was flying out in the country over this past weekend and completely took the case off my phone as an experiment. I was able to fly the Breeze out to the max geo-fence settings with minimal interruption/control distortion. I also noticed that video downlink was much more stable, even at greater distances.

I can't speak for the new Pixel 3, but as for the first-generation Pixel XL, there was a marked improvement in range performance in pilot mode after removing the bulky Otterbox case and flying without a case (case went back on as soon as I was done flying, of course).

@dswiggn, It would be interesting to perform several flights in different locations to see what results you get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis