Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

will h520 catch up with competitors? Multispectral opportunities

But I still have good news ..... :)
My friend managed to troubleshoot my remote control and I think I can fly this afternoon to do tests ....
If I take pictures .... I put them online :)

That would be illegal and you could face prosecution from the authorities.
Here's some spares link.
Just as a suggestion the 4Hawks range extenders virtually eliminate that issue i find and gives you a much better flying experience with a more stable video link etc.

Range extender ordered this morning ! ! ! ...... the 4Hawks XR model !!, If it works properly, I will give you a test report !!

I'm so glad to hear that ?????

The manufacturer hasn't really told you anything that isn't real. When I read the e-mail exchange I searched and indeed it is as they say, but they forgot to tell you a couple of details that would force them to fix it for you. And here's the key.

During the time you are without the product while it is being replaced or repaired, the warranty period is suspended

As you commented that you had to send it to warranty and took 5 weeks to return it, during those 5 weeks does not count the warranty period. In other words, it is no longer counted from the date of purchase, from the date of the invoice. In fact, I think it no counts from the moment you start the warranty process until you receive it because you can't have the product. From the moment you reported that they had to process the initial warranty until you received it again, it does not count as a warranty period.

I think you have commented that in this case, since you bought it it has 13 months, if you deduct the period of the previous warranty you would still be within those 12 months that you are told :rolleyes: ?

Now you don't have to worry if you already have it fixed, but this are bad practices, or simply that someone from the technical service has not thought to look at this detail, or just don't know it. I find this whole situation very sad. They approve of our ignorance :confused:

Here you have the link of the rights that assist us as consumers. I found it in Spanish. You can translate it or search for it in French. They haven't really told you anything that isn't true, but they haven't told you the whole truth either, that's called lying in my town. In these cases it is very important to get information from consumer associations, they are not fooled.

Anyway, I'm really glad you got it sorted out :D:D:D These things get on my nerves :(:(:(:(

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi,
Yes Arruntus .... I know that my story may seem hard to believe but it's the truth!
Here is a copy of the email exchanges with the Yuneec after-sales service in Germany:

First, the first answer I received to my warranty claim (date : 5 September 19).

Dear Mr. Raynaud,

due to the fact that the product has worked for more then 12 months, we can sort out a material- and/or manufacturing fault, that existed at the date of purchase.

We are not processing paid repairs in our own service department.
For non-warranty-cases please register at out certified partner Minitec BTD Service GmbH:

RMA Yuneec – Minitec BTD Service GmbH

Mit besten Grüßen/With best regards

Ihr/Your Customer Support Team

YUNEEC Europe GmbH
Nikolaus-Otto-Straße 4
24568 Kaltenkirchen | Germany

T-
+49 4191 9326-20
E- [email protected]
http://files.yuneec.de/signatur/Signatur_Line_2018.png

Managing director: Jörg Schamuhn

Register court: Hamburg, HRB 131190

After this message, I sent an email to the support to complain about the fact that in Europe the guarantee is 24 months, here is the answer :

Dear Mr. Raynaud,

The manufacturer warranty is only 6 months, then the limited warranty starts for
18 months. Please have a look on what our company terms say:

"In all cases, the general EU-Law will apply. This means 24 month limited warranty with the responsible of proof that the manufacturing or mechanical defect was present at the date of purchase is on the retailer/producer within the first 6 month. After 6 month this proof is on the consumer side. Sometimes we are replacing items even so they are older than 6 month, but this is good will, because we don´t need it.
If a product from us is working for more than 6 month without any problems, we can clearly say that there was no manufacturing or mechanical defect at the date of purchase!"

In our system all the cases that are older than 12 months will be routed to our technical partner as mentioned.

With best regards

Ihr/Your Customer Support Team

YUNEEC Europe GmbH
Nikolaus-Otto-Straße 4
24568 Kaltenkirchen | Germany

T- +49 4191 9326-20
E- [email protected]
View attachment 18559
Managing director: Jörg Schamuhn

Register court: Hamburg, HRB 131190

Of course it's totally wrong, in Europe there is only one guarantee is 24 months, there is no guarantee "limited" for 18 months after the period of 6 months!
I even asked a lawyer for advice and he answered without hesitation that it was 24 months and that the consumer never had to prove the fault !!!
These people are really dishonest .....

Once again and finally, I specify that Yuneec products are of good quality, I remain convinced that the construction is solid and they have many advantages over DJI but unfortunately all that concerns the software and firmware part is catastrophic .... it is too unstable for professional use, in addition to all this (at least for Europe), the after-sales service is deplorable.
(And yet I was really ready to buy the future H3 ....)

As for going to court, you know Arruntus, in my country (France), the justice is so little serious and laughs completely at this kind of problem because it is not serious enough. ....
Yuneec imposes same 6/24 rule in Poland.

Thank you Arruntus for the link, the lawyer who I asked for advice works for a consumer association very well known in France, it is he who confirmed to me that the legal guarantee is well 24 months in Europe .. ..
Paw tells us that the problem is the same in Poland ..... it shows well that it is about a global policy of Yuneec (at least in Europe).
My only fear is that the H520 has a serious breakdown (or a fall) is that I do not know how to repair it myself ...... I can not count on any after sales service.

Thank you Arruntus for the link, the lawyer who I asked for advice works for a consumer association very well known in France, it is he who confirmed to me that the legal guarantee is well 24 months in Europe .. ..
Paw tells us that the problem is the same in Poland ..... it shows well that it is about a global policy of Yuneec (at least in Europe).
My only fear is that the H520 has a serious breakdown (or a fall) is that I do not know how to repair it myself ...... I can not count on any after sales service.

I think it's rather this kind of manufacturing failure, because for me it's clearly such a failure even if it doesn't affect all of us. It should not be an easy solution to solve and they do everything possible to get rid of it. It is not the first case of its kind.

Throughout the European Community we have the same consumer law. From the sixth month, it is the responsibility of the buyer to prove that it is a manufacturing defect. But here the trap, if a buyer puts on his head and proves it, they have to fix it for everybody. For this reason, and since they know that it is a design problem, they don't usually go that way because it would be infinitely more expensive. In this case, and in the many of the same there will have been, they are taking risks because in the end, since we are the small fish, they are almost certain that no one is going to go that far. And it is precisely this that makes me furious. They take advantage of us.

Seems to be a wee bit of a theme here - at least in terms of their service response and after sales technical support.
Most of my UAV equipment/accessories I have purchased directly from a Chinese company. I get reasonable discounts, great shipping times (4 to 7 days from shipping to delivery) and pretty much very, very good customer service. So recently when I purchased a Yuneec Skyview FPV goggles I was disappointed and more than a bit P'd when the FPV arrived with some quite obvious signs that it was not a new product.
While it took little more than a text message and some photos being sent to the company to get a response from Yuneec, their reasoning for sending me 2nd hand goods - at a new price - was not overly convincing. It transpired the FPV goggles were shipped direct to me from the Yuneec Electric Aviation Company rather than via the company I normally deal with. Yuneec suggested they do not manufacture the goggles any more, therefore I had been sent a "second best" product.
With not too much more toing and froing of text messages I seemed to be able to convince Yuneec that in this country there are quite clear laws relating to "passing off" goods as new when they are not. Initially, I thought this argument might fall on international deaf ears; and maybe dealing with a Chinese company who new the ropes when it comes to dealing with another Chinese company I have ended up being treated quite well, as well as quite quickly. I have accepted a refund for about half the US$ value of the FPV.
Three things perhaps set my experiences apart from the concerns of others posted here: so far I have had only good experiences with the Yuneec UAV products I have bought. The same can be said for the DJI products also purchased. Perhaps because I deal with a Chinese company who were almost acting as an intermediary, the resolution to my problem was quick. Lastly though, I have travelled to China many times in recent years, as well as having lived there for extended periods, so maybe having gained a little more understanding of the Chinese psyche around doing business and in particular using the right language to deal with a problem in their way may have also been a big help.
One thing though, reading the posts here and drawing on my own experiences, I have not been afraid to convey to the company with whom I usually do business what my thoughts are about Yuneec's crap after sales service and technical support. ? ? ;)

Happy flying. :)

Here is a small summary of my Sunday test flights .... :(:(:( ......
To believe that I really have no luck !!
During the first flight, I had scheduled a survey mission on a nearby site (maximum distance of the drone: 200 m), everything went well, I took nearly 200 photos without worries.
At the 2nd flight, I program another mission of survey but 500 m away from the remote control, the drone leaves normally, arrives on the first point and suddenly ... loss of video and message on the screen warning me that the drone will come back in RTH after the loss of signal!
In reality the drone did not return, I had no remote control during the entire duration of the mission!
Fortunately the drone returned to RTH at the end of the mission ... I was lucky!
At the 3rd flight (this time, I was with a client for a survey mission on a mining), the drone leaves and after 3 min, complete loss of signal and the drone does not return in RTH ... he continues to move away more and more, I was forced to follow him by car to recover (out of battery) near 3 kms further ...... I had a lot of luck !!!!
And finally, I wanted to redo the flight (my client was waiting for his images), the drone leaves correctly, the remote control works, but after 20 minutes of flight, the low battery signal is triggered, I'm watching while waiting for the RTH to change of battery (in order to continue my mission in progress), in reality he will not come back ..... he will land in the middle of the field under the eyes of the frightened customer !!!
Result: I lost a client (impossible to give images), I will try to remake the mission in DJI ........
I'm really sorry to bring you such bad news, I really thought it would go well !!
Now I'm waiting for the 4hawks system to test one last time, but if that does not solve the problems, I sell it all (H520 + E90 + CGO-ET + 4hawks XR) ... and never again in my life I do not want to hear about Yuneec :mad::mad: !!!!

I'm not surprised at what you're feeling now, what an odyssey. Good luck mate. Everything else is said ?

During the first flight, I had scheduled a survey mission on a nearby site (maximum distance of the drone: 200 m), everything went well, I took nearly 200 photos without worries.
At the 2nd flight, I program another mission of survey but 500 m away from the remote control, the drone leaves normally, arrives on the first point and suddenly ... loss of video and message on the screen warning me that the drone will come back in RTH after the loss of signal!
In reality the drone did not return, I had no remote control during the entire duration of the mission!
Fortunately the drone returned to RTH at the end of the mission ... I was lucky!
At the 3rd flight (this time, I was with a client for a survey mission on a mining), the drone leaves and after 3 min, complete loss of signal and the drone does not return in RTH ... he continues to move away more and more, I was forced to follow him by car to recover (out of battery) near 3 kms further ...... I had a lot of luck !!!!
And finally, I wanted to redo the flight (my client was waiting for his images), the drone leaves correctly, the remote control works, but after 20 minutes of flight, the low battery signal is triggered, I'm watching while waiting for the RTH to change of battery (in order to continue my mission in progress), in reality he will not come back ..... he will land in the middle of the field under the eyes of the frightened customer !!!
Result: I lost a client (impossible to give images), I will try to remake the mission in DJI ........
I'm really sorry to bring you such bad news, I really thought it would go well !!
Now I'm waiting for the 4hawks system to test one last time, but if that does not solve the problems, I sell it all (H520 + E90 + CGO-ET + 4hawks XR) ... and never again in my life I do not want to hear about Yuneec :mad::mad: !!!!
HI,
sounds very scary. Having read what you have come through I fear taking my h520 out of the box flying. Especially cause I also experienced video link loss once or twice when the bird was 500-700 m away. Ok first time it was when I was in a forest area but second time nothing was in between the h520 an RC and I could see the link quality was getting disrupted and finally lost. Fortunately the bird remained responsive to the sticks.

Regards,
Pawel

Hello,
In fact the loss of video link is not very serious on a drone ..... I would even say that it often happens to me with the DJI, but against I never lose the radio link with the drone, even if I have more images, I can sometimes continue the mission because I still see the drone in the sky.
What is very boring with the H520 is that I lose all orders .... I can not even ask him to do a RTH or an emergency maneuver !!!
If I still have it in sight, it's not too serious, I watch it and I expect it to come back alone at the end of the mission, but if I lose sight of it, it is very disturbing .. ...

Hi,
back to the main topic of a multispectral capabilities of h520 - here there is a report from Intergeo 2019 showing what was exhibited by Yuneechttps://youtu.be/RFdBEZH357M
I am afraid that if this becomes real it will not be what market is looking for. The Multispectral camera attached to h520 in this video looks like a modified one. It will not be suitable for all those who want to deliver true multispectral data/ products.

Just for clarification, are you using the CGO-ET for the survey flights?

Hello Steve,
No I do my survey flight with the E90 in visible only ....
This is often survey flight for topography or mining industries.
The ETC-ET does not have enough resolution for you to assemble photos with photogrammetry software.
Cordialy.

Hi,
back to the main topic of a multispectral capabilities of h520 - here there is a report from Intergeo 2019 showing what was exhibited by Yuneechttps://youtu.be/RFdBEZH357M
I am afraid that if this becomes real it will not be what market is looking for. The Multispectral camera attached to h520 in this video looks like a modified one. It will not be suitable for all those who want to deliver true multispectral data/ products.

PAW, took a close look at that and its very interesting that all the signage is in english.

The NDVI is based on a sony R10C and seems to be produced by a company called Agrowing. Some interesting details on there that they also plan to support the CGO4 camera on the H920.

There is also a flyer shown which highlights a multispectral camera which is shown below.

Capture2.PNG

PAW, took a close look at that and its very interesting that all the signage is in english.

The NDVI is based on a sony R10C and seems to be produced by a company called Agrowing. Some interesting details on there that they also plan to support the CGO4 camera on the H920.

There is also a flyer shown which highlights a multispectral camera which is shown below.

View attachment 18590
HI there,

Looks promising: 6 bands, sunshine sensor, only 200 g of weight, 1 year subscription to stitching&VI software - all these look good. Yet the sensor is said to be set by mobile app what indicates that it will not be fully integrated with Datapilot.
And furthermore what about us who already fly other multispectral cameras e.g. Parrot Sequoia. Micasense sensors?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing further details.

What has me perplexed, and I've never heard of it, is that it allows 16 different wavelengths to be put on each lens :eek:

What has me perplexed, and I've never heard of it, is that it allows 16 different wavelengths to be put on each lens :eek:
The camera will have 6 bands which will be pre-set by its manufacturer. I guess that Yuneec will decide which 6 out of 17 in total will go for a "standard" camera but maybe there will be an option to customize it and a client like us will have a choice of bands at extra waiting time and/or price. We need to wait till they finally announce that what have been presented at Intergeo becomes a reality.

I understand band as a frequency zone. From those 6 zones you can select 17 specific frequencies. That's how I understand it. Something I've never seen in a multispectral drone camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz