Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

will h520 catch up with competitors? Multispectral opportunities

Here
I understand band as a frequency zone. From those 6 zones you can select 17 specific frequencies. That's how I understand it. Something I've never seen in a multispectral drone camera.
Here how it is in case of RedEdge: 5 bands

Blue (475 nm center, 20 nm bandwidth), green (560 nm center, 20 nm bandwidth), red (668 nm center, 10 nm bandwidth), red edge (717 nm center, 10 nm bandwidth), near-IR (840 nm center, 40 nm bandwidth)

Yuneec can pick these bands or chose to use a bit different wavelengths.

A quick Google gives this article;

Sorry my phone won't let me create a proper link.

Here
Here how it is in case of RedEdge: 5 bands

Blue (475 nm center, 20 nm bandwidth), green (560 nm center, 20 nm bandwidth), red (668 nm center, 10 nm bandwidth), red edge (717 nm center, 10 nm bandwidth), near-IR (840 nm center, 40 nm bandwidth)

Yuneec can pick these bands or chose to use a bit different wavelengths.

That's the question, if they are already defined internationally, because it gives the option to choose? something I missed. Something is escaping me.

So, the manufacturer of the MS600 pictured in Yuneec leaflet offers opportunity to choose 6 bands out of 17. DJI quoted by Dsandson went for the wavelengths as in the pictureScreenshot_20191005_222618_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Yuneec of course may go for others but I still believe that at least 5 of them will be R+G+B+RE+NIR due to a simple reason: they form grounds for calculating most commonly used veg. indices e.g. NDVI, NDRE, GNDVI, BNDVI and some others. The Centre wavelengths may vary a bit as well as bandwidths but still they are the most needed bands anyway. Those who would have more specific needs may ask for some other bands/ wavelengths such as e.g. 530 and 570. These will give them option for PRI index. And so on.

FYI - Micasense will launch shortly a blue version of RedEdge MX camera which will capture some 5 more bands within Red and can't remember whether it was Blue and NIR or sth. These additional bands will give further opportunities to address specific needs and furthermore will make the output to be comparable to sentinel. The blue RE will be coupled with red RE so in 1 flight one will have 10 bands.
pretty impressive, yet available for Matrice and am curious of the cost.

Reactions: arruntus
Here is a small summary of my Sunday test flights .... :(:(:( ......
To believe that I really have no luck !!
During the first flight, I had scheduled a survey mission on a nearby site (maximum distance of the drone: 200 m), everything went well, I took nearly 200 photos without worries.
At the 2nd flight, I program another mission of survey but 500 m away from the remote control, the drone leaves normally, arrives on the first point and suddenly ... loss of video and message on the screen warning me that the drone will come back in RTH after the loss of signal!
In reality the drone did not return, I had no remote control during the entire duration of the mission!
Fortunately the drone returned to RTH at the end of the mission ... I was lucky!
At the 3rd flight (this time, I was with a client for a survey mission on a mining), the drone leaves and after 3 min, complete loss of signal and the drone does not return in RTH ... he continues to move away more and more, I was forced to follow him by car to recover (out of battery) near 3 kms further ...... I had a lot of luck !!!!
And finally, I wanted to redo the flight (my client was waiting for his images), the drone leaves correctly, the remote control works, but after 20 minutes of flight, the low battery signal is triggered, I'm watching while waiting for the RTH to change of battery (in order to continue my mission in progress), in reality he will not come back ..... he will land in the middle of the field under the eyes of the frightened customer !!!
Result: I lost a client (impossible to give images), I will try to remake the mission in DJI ........
I'm really sorry to bring you such bad news, I really thought it would go well !!
Now I'm waiting for the 4hawks system to test one last time, but if that does not solve the problems, I sell it all (H520 + E90 + CGO-ET + 4hawks XR) ... and never again in my life I do not want to hear about Yuneec :mad::mad: !!!!
Hi,

something is going wrong.
I was flying survey mission with h520+e90 a few hours ago and suddenly after having say 3/4 of the mission done the drone without any apparent reason switched to RTH mode and landed. ST16S indicated that there was still 40% of the power left in the battery. Mission could not have been resumed. I had an option to keep it on the drone and commence the survey from the very beginning.
Same thing happend a while ago in a first flight while the second one went without being disrupted.
Have no clue what was going wrong as there was no warning prior to the bird changed the mode to RTH.
ST16S - h520 distance was max. 100-120m, altitude 15m ATO and there was no loss of connection between the RC and drone.

Has anybody have any idea?
I would appreciate your comments.

Br,
Pawel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital