Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will the E50, E90, CGOET, or CG04 work on a Q500 4K copter?

Reaction score
Search function didn't return any immediate "yes or no and why-not-if" answers.

Will any of the higher-level camera gimbals work with the Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K quadcopter? Meaning will it have all the functionality, not just attach to the plate.

None of the newer cameras will work on the Q500. The Q was originally released in 2014. In the drone world that makes it vintage. It's actually one of the very few quadcopters built in that era that still functions perfectly and continues to enjoy a market. I still have two and they still go out for some fun flights.

I understand the logic, but the logic behind the logic is disappointing.
Perhaps. On the other hand, those cameras are expensive and placing them on a quadcopter adds risk. The hexacopter has more lift and can survive a motor or prop failure.

Depends on the weight of the camera. The H holds it directly centered, I'm sure to improve balance, but counterbalancing isn't hard.

I was reading the story of 3D Robotics on Forbes earlier, and how DJI saw them as a viable threat before they even got off the ground and slashed prices to undercut them.

I was going to say, even though newer cameras alone cost nearly as much as a whole new kit, the used market for everything in the world typically enjoys an upgrade path, whether it's cameras or motors, and they could service those markets with a standardized design. However, that would have to ignore certain advances in technology which could leave Yuneec in the same boat as 3DR.

On the other hand, connectors could stay relatively standardized to make them backwards compatible, even through a series of adaptors. This wouldn't affect innovations in motors or mainboards or cameras, theoretically.

But, Yuneec doesn't make money from the used market directly. However, again, if the used market can buy upgrade parts from them, that's at least some income, rather than all of it going to the secondary market.

I was reading the story of 3D Robotics on Forbes earlier, and how DJI saw them as a viable threat before they even got off the ground and slashed prices to undercut them.

I was going to say, even though newer cameras alone cost nearly as much as a whole new kit, the used market for everything in the world typically enjoys an upgrade path, whether it's cameras or motors, and they could service those markets with a standardized design. However, that would have to ignore certain advances in technology which could leave Yuneec in the same boat as 3DR.

On the other hand, connectors could stay relatively standardized to make them backwards compatible, even through a series of adaptors. This wouldn't affect innovations in motors or mainboards or cameras, theoretically.

But, Yuneec doesn't make money from the used market directly. However, again, if the used market can buy upgrade parts from them, that's at least some income, rather than all of it going to the secondary market.
Hi Everybody
I have successfully modified a cgo3 and a cgo3 +
to work as a E 50 on a Q500 or Typhoon H pro for industrial inspections ! ! Not the cheapest investment but very successful to make money with your older drone.

Regards from Germany M.C 20190127_134333.jpeg20190127_134344.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430