Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Worst customer experience ever...

Reaction score
I am not one to complain online but my experience with Yuneec needs to be shared:

(Saturday) May 6th -My Typhoon H falls out of the sky into a farmer's field from 90 ft. The unit's camera was smashed into hundreds of pieces, the arms were broken and four of the 6 props were destroyed. A 64 gig memory card also was destroyed with unretrievable valuable data.

May 8th- I speak with yuneec reps and am instructed to email flight data. I do so.

May 11th- I get return authorization number RA15791. I send the unit to Yuneec's Canadian affiliate (Staples) in Mississauga after being instructed to do so. Repairs will be covered under warranty.

May 24th- 13 days later, I get an email notification my unit is in the repair department's possession, but work has not started.

June 6th- After not having an update for almost two weeks and not having a drone for a month, I call Staples in Mississauga. I am told they are waiting on parts and work will be completed by Thursday June 8th and I should have the unit by the following Monday.

June 8th- My Typhoon H miraculously arrives back at my hometown staples. I'm confused as to why it's here already but happy to have it back.

June 8th-Upon opening the box the unit still has dirt lodged in it from the crash and the broken propellers have not been replaced.

June 8th- As an alternative to waiting on hold with Yuneec, I spend just under $60 ordering new props online from best buy.

June 19th-My new props arrive.

June 20th-I call tech support as the ST16 Ground station and the Typhoon H are no longer paired and there is no instructions included on how to do this.

June 20th-I fly the Typhoon H for the first time since the crash. The camera pan and tilt is unresponsive.

June 21st-Tech support walks me through some firmware updates, but the pan and tilt is still unresponsive.

June 22nd-Mitch sends me return authorization RA16766 for the unit to be sent to Ontario California, rather than deal with inept Canadian Staples. I am instructed verbally by Mitch to use UPS.

June 22nd-I get a voice mail from Moses, who leaves me his number, but I was unable to hear what his number was. He assured me my repair would be pushed to the front of the line upon arrival.

June 23rd-I send the package to Yuneec via UPS. Shipping cost is $80.24

July 9th-I track the package and see it still hasn't arrived with Yuneec and contact UPS. They launch an investigation.

July 10th-For some reason the package doesn't make it to Yuneec until July 10th. It is signed for by K Villanueva.

July 21st-Frustrated with the time repairs are taking and losing money from not having a drone, I speak with Keanna who informs me receiving has not got the drone to the repair department as of yet. I ask to speak to Moses and am denied.

July 21st- I get a notification repairs have began.

July 21st- I get a bill from UPS for an additional $56 for customs charges. I phone them and tell them to shove that bill up their @$$. They are reviewing the situation.

July 24th-I am notified repairs are compete and a 24 point inspection has been completed. I am notified that shipping has sent the drone back to me via ups.

August 2nd-I get my drone back. Eager to fly it and catch up on work, I open the package to see the ST16 ground station was left in the 'on' position for shipping and it's totally dead.

I wanted so badly to believe in the Typhoon H. Hopefully I have no further issues once the ground station is charged in a few hours. What a horrible customer service experience. Is every drone company this bad?

Normally they are pretty good and fast and don't beat around the bush. If the crash is the result of the firmware or failure that they are responsible for they replace it. Sounds pretty good to me.

Is every drone company this bad?
Actually most are worse, but I agree you have been on a wild chase. I've not seen any good reports regarding the CA Staples repair. We all hope you now have a good flying machine. One word of caution......after you turn it on with the motors off outside, let it sit for 13 min for the GPS to finish updating before you try to fly.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Actually most are worse, but I agree you have been on a wild chase. I've not seen any good reports regarding the CA Staples repair. We all hope you now have a good flying machine. One word of caution......after you turn it on with the motors off outside, let it sit for 13 min for the GPS to finish updating before you try to fly.
I agree with the letting it sit for 13 mins. Last week I was doing a couple of jobs about 250 miles away from my normal stomping ground, and after booting up the H480 and calibrating the compass I didn't allow it the 13 minutes. It only stood for a couple of minutes. On take off it acted a bit strangely so I landed it and did a power cycle, then I let it sit. It flew well after that.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
I've experienced similar "wierdness" after traveling long distances and trying to get in a quick flight. Much better to wait a few minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy