Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Would you buy a H520 now?

Hurricane1402

HURRICANE1402
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Full disclosure, I also do my purchasing from vertigo drones. Even met the at last years drone expo in Vegas. Great people. NOW, I'm on the verge of finally getting my business up and going; my contacts, business opportunities, etc. My certain area of interest is using the FLIR ET10 dual thermal/RGB camera that's only compatible with the H520. On my 2nd H520 I have the E90 which is way better than the E50 plus DataPilot is better compatible with the E90 for 3d mapping/ modeling. I study a solid 6 months before making and major purchases but they do know how to market lol. I absolutely hate that the fact that they say you get the PIX4D MAPPER software with purchase which is complete ********. Yes you get capture but that's its. You cant (I say you cant bc they look like ****) create maps models point clouds ray points and you cant inspect areas. Now of course I could be totally wrong bc PIX4D MAPPER is extremely hard and difficult and you might just throw everything away including the come they "recommend you buy" lol. NOW I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PARROT ANAFI THERMAL. 3 30min batteries, all accessories included plus you now get a free 2yr subscription to Adobe photoshop AND it comes with a FLIR BOSON THERMAL SENSOR as well as a 20mp RGB camera. Super fun super quite I've got mine 1000ft vertical and 1300ft horizontal.

Reaction score
Full disclosure, I also do my purchasing from vertigo drones. Even met the at last years drone expo in Vegas. Great people. NOW, I'm on the verge of finally getting my business up and going; my contacts, business opportunities, etc. My certain area of interest is using the FLIR ET10 dual thermal/RGB camera that's only compatible with the H520. On my 2nd H520 I have the E90 which is way better than the E50 plus DataPilot is better compatible with the E90 for 3d mapping/ modeling. I study a solid 6 months before making and major purchases but they do know how to market lol. I absolutely hate that the fact that they say you get the PIX4D MAPPER software with purchase which is complete ********. Yes you get capture but that's its. You cant (I say you cant bc they look like ****) create maps models point clouds ray points and you cant inspect areas. Now of course I could be totally wrong bc PIX4D MAPPER is extremely hard and difficult and you might just throw everything away including the come they "recommend you buy" lol. NOW I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PARROT ANAFI THERMAL. 3 30min batteries, all accessories included plus you now get a free 2yr subscription to Adobe photoshop AND it comes with a FLIR BOSON THERMAL SENSOR as well as a 20mp RGB camera. Super fun super quite I've got mine 1000ft vertical and 1300ft horizontal.
Sounds like you found a good solution, but the H520 setup you recommended is far above what you are going to get with the Parrot. The E90 is obviously better than the E50 for mapping as it was designed for inspections. Pix4D Capture is solid on the H520, but we should understand that it is just another free flight software. You can use Pix4D Mapper for free, but they don't allow offloading. Personally I fly the H520 with the E90 and DataPilot then process and collaborate in DroneDeploy. There are free softwares for processing out there, but you have to figure out how to share and integrate yourself. If you expect a free processing software that's worth a flip and the ability to download the data in a format that is consumable by others you are fooling yourself. Business is business.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efish