Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Would you buy a H520 now?

I Feel were like an Unwanted Litter of Puppies.................... that Yuneec has taken out to a Remote Back Country Road and Dropped US OFF, and were all waiting around for them to come back and Get USNever Find Parts.gif:rolleyes:...............just sayin

Full disclosure, I also do my purchasing from vertigo drones. Even met the at last years drone expo in Vegas. Great people. NOW, I'm on the verge of finally getting my business up and going; my contacts, business opportunities, etc. My certain area of interest is using the FLIR ET10 dual thermal/RGB camera that's only compatible with the H520. On my 2nd H520 I have the E90 which is way better than the E50 plus DataPilot is better compatible with the E90 for 3d mapping/ modeling. I study a solid 6 months before making and major purchases but they do know how to market lol. I absolutely hate that the fact that they say you get the PIX4D MAPPER software with purchase which is complete ********. Yes you get capture but that's its. You cant (I say you cant bc they look like ****) create maps models point clouds ray points and you cant inspect areas. Now of course I could be totally wrong bc PIX4D MAPPER is extremely hard and difficult and you might just throw everything away including the come they "recommend you buy" lol. NOW I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PARROT ANAFI THERMAL. 3 30min batteries, all accessories included plus you now get a free 2yr subscription to Adobe photoshop AND it comes with a FLIR BOSON THERMAL SENSOR as well as a 20mp RGB camera. Super fun super quite I've got mine 1000ft vertical and 1300ft horizontal.

Full disclosure, I also do my purchasing from vertigo drones. Even met the at last years drone expo in Vegas. Great people. NOW, I'm on the verge of finally getting my business up and going; my contacts, business opportunities, etc. My certain area of interest is using the FLIR ET10 dual thermal/RGB camera that's only compatible with the H520. On my 2nd H520 I have the E90 which is way better than the E50 plus DataPilot is better compatible with the E90 for 3d mapping/ modeling. I study a solid 6 months before making and major purchases but they do know how to market lol. I absolutely hate that the fact that they say you get the PIX4D MAPPER software with purchase which is complete ********. Yes you get capture but that's its. You cant (I say you cant bc they look like ****) create maps models point clouds ray points and you cant inspect areas. Now of course I could be totally wrong bc PIX4D MAPPER is extremely hard and difficult and you might just throw everything away including the come they "recommend you buy" lol. NOW I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PARROT ANAFI THERMAL. 3 30min batteries, all accessories included plus you now get a free 2yr subscription to Adobe photoshop AND it comes with a FLIR BOSON THERMAL SENSOR as well as a 20mp RGB camera. Super fun super quite I've got mine 1000ft vertical and 1300ft horizontal.
Sounds like you found a good solution, but the H520 setup you recommended is far above what you are going to get with the Parrot. The E90 is obviously better than the E50 for mapping as it was designed for inspections. Pix4D Capture is solid on the H520, but we should understand that it is just another free flight software. You can use Pix4D Mapper for free, but they don't allow offloading. Personally I fly the H520 with the E90 and DataPilot then process and collaborate in DroneDeploy. There are free softwares for processing out there, but you have to figure out how to share and integrate yourself. If you expect a free processing software that's worth a flip and the ability to download the data in a format that is consumable by others you are fooling yourself. Business is business.

My simple question is, for those of you who use the H520 currently, if you had to replace it tomorrow, would you buy a new H520 now, and why or why not?

I've been reading a lot about the H520 here, thanks to everyone for sharing the info.

I'm waiting on my Part 107, test passed just waiting on the rest to go through and plotting on my next moves. I'm hoping to test the waters of providing drone services, I'm starting from scratch in that regard.

For more than a few years I've flown a Blade Chroma recreationally, Yuneec hardware as I'm sure some of you are familiar, CGO2 and a ST10+. So it's not without some bias I would look at Yuneec, my Chroma is flying to this day and has been reliable thus far, not without it's hickups but a solid aircraft that I've enjoyed owning. Given it's age and the amount of tech that has since come out, I'm not thinking it will be suitable for getting me started in a serious venture. I need something more suitable for commercial purposes.

What worries me most is support. The Chroma, and ST10 suffered a few mishaps and I was able to repair it easily myself buying parts, I was also able to upgrade the charger, find connection adapters, and such. That likely would not be the case now given it's age. I've heard from more than a few sources it's getting difficult to impossible to find supporting gear for the H520 already, and for the moment it seems to be the flagship model from Yuneec.

However, looking at a few sites (one of my go-to's is vertigo drones) it's looking pretty dim across the board trying to count on anything. DJI is having issues, other models that interest me are pending release, and there is just not a lot of mid-range serious drones that are not "toys" but are not $10k+ professional aircraft either.

Most info I find is from when the H520 was a fresh release. Complaints on things that may have since changed. Of course many claiming the DJI P4P is better in every way. Frankly I just haven't been able to get on the DJI bandwagon. The Mavic Pro looks practical, but I think the Autel Evo II catches my eye more.

There are a lot of things that tick the boxes for me about the H520. It's not top of the line but it's attainable financially for just getting started. It's capable of and if anything made for mapping, something I want to get started in and learn. I think it's capable of simple photo and video jobs I might want to take starting out. And IF a lot of the accessories I see now stay available, I might could build on it if my venture is successful and expand my range of services until such time I find it necessary to get into higher end aircraft.

Right now I think I would want it paired with the E90. With the FAA proposals and all, it looks like I should be hoping for it to be in service the next 3-5 years tops.

I would appreciate the input of those of you already invested in the model, actively buying parts and accessories and using it in it's current form. Thank you. :)
Not sure the last time you went to vertigo drones website but as of a few weeks ago they were offering bundled sets that included 2 H520 complete with 2 ground control stations, 4 venom batteries with the venom charging station, 1 weather proof hard case, 1 yr free bronze service warranty and 2 cameras of your liking (except for the E10T) ALL FOR a GRAND TOTAL OF LESS THAN $6000!!! now if your not sure how much some of the items were going for 8 months ago please look it up. I'll say this, i cancelled about $5000 of product with them bc of that little stunt lol
My simple question is, for those of you who use the H520 currently, if you had to replace it tomorrow, would you buy a new H520 now, and why or why not?

I've been reading a lot about the H520 here, thanks to everyone for sharing the info.

I'm waiting on my Part 107, test passed just waiting on the rest to go through and plotting on my next moves. I'm hoping to test the waters of providing drone services, I'm starting from scratch in that regard.

For more than a few years I've flown a Blade Chroma recreationally, Yuneec hardware as I'm sure some of you are familiar, CGO2 and a ST10+. So it's not without some bias I would look at Yuneec, my Chroma is flying to this day and has been reliable thus far, not without it's hickups but a solid aircraft that I've enjoyed owning. Given it's age and the amount of tech that has since come out, I'm not thinking it will be suitable for getting me started in a serious venture. I need something more suitable for commercial purposes.

What worries me most is support. The Chroma, and ST10 suffered a few mishaps and I was able to repair it easily myself buying parts, I was also able to upgrade the charger, find connection adapters, and such. That likely would not be the case now given it's age. I've heard from more than a few sources it's getting difficult to impossible to find supporting gear for the H520 already, and for the moment it seems to be the flagship model from Yuneec.

However, looking at a few sites (one of my go-to's is vertigo drones) it's looking pretty dim across the board trying to count on anything. DJI is having issues, other models that interest me are pending release, and there is just not a lot of mid-range serious drones that are not "toys" but are not $10k+ professional aircraft either.

Most info I find is from when the H520 was a fresh release. Complaints on things that may have since changed. Of course many claiming the DJI P4P is better in every way. Frankly I just haven't been able to get on the DJI bandwagon. The Mavic Pro looks practical, but I think the Autel Evo II catches my eye more.

There are a lot of things that tick the boxes for me about the H520. It's not top of the line but it's attainable financially for just getting started. It's capable of and if anything made for mapping, something I want to get started in and learn. I think it's capable of simple photo and video jobs I might want to take starting out. And IF a lot of the accessories I see now stay available, I might could build on it if my venture is successful and expand my range of services until such time I find it necessary to get into higher end aircraft.

Right now I think I would want it paired with the E90. With the FAA proposals and all, it looks like I should be hoping for it to be in service the next 3-5 years tops.

I would appreciate the input of those of you already invested in the model, actively buying parts and accessories and using it in it's current form. Thank you. :)

Not sure the last time you went to vertigo drones website but as of a few weeks ago they were offering bundled sets that included 2 H520 complete with 2 ground control stations, 4 venom batteries with the venom charging station, 1 weather proof hard case, 1 yr free bronze service warranty and 2 cameras of your liking (except for the E10T) ALL FOR a GRAND TOTAL OF LESS THAN $6000!!! now if your not sure how much some of the items were going for 8 months ago please look it up. I'll say this, i cancelled about $5000 of product with them bc of that little stunt lol
Wow, that's exactly what I am talking about! That's about half the price of an outfitted Matrice. I know it's a more "professional" bird, but is it necessary? IMO not unless you need to carry a 5lb payload... Did you cancel an existing order and go with the promo or just canceled all together?

Reactions: Airmapper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval