Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Would you say I have a focus issue?

What do you mean 50/100? Also what do you mean by focal pointing? The camera is fixed focus, it should be factory adjusted to give the best depth of focus from infinity to a predermined distance.
All lenses are only 'in focus' at a precise distance from the camera. Everything else is out of focus, depending on the lens and aperture used some of this will appear to be in focus, near enough not to matter otherwise. With this lens you cannot choose your focus point unless you have worked out what distance from the lens that is. Sorry DC I am not trying to preach I was just wondering if in your image it was a focus or vibration issue caused by slow shutter speed because the whole pic looks out to me
I don't recall exactly what iso/shutter, I used the 180 rule or 50 to 100, I said focal pointing, as in pointing my shot to center the water falls as my main focus of shooting it in center of frame, not doing any magic focus pocus thing!

I don't recall exactly what iso/shutter, I used the 180 rule or 50 to 100, I said focal pointing, as in pointing my shot to center the water falls as my main focus of shooting it in center of frame, not doing any magic focus pocus thing!
I know nothing re video, but I thought the 180 rule was a video setting? certainly nothing I have ever used as a photographer anyway (not to say I'm not wrong).
The reason I ask is that shutter speed is crucial for a drone mounted camera. Shame we cannot get exif data.

I know nothing re video, but I thought the 180 rule was a video setting? certainly nothing I have ever used as a photographer anyway (not to say I'm not wrong).
The reason I ask is that shutter speed is crucial for a drone mounted camera. Shame we cannot get exif data.
Yes video setting or camera settings is what I was referring too! Are you leaning towards changing the lens out, to a better quality one?

Yes video setting or camera settings is what I was referring too! Are you leaning towards changing the lens out, to a better quality one?
I would say you need to make sure your shutter is an absolute minimum of 1/60 for stills. Preferably more when you consider the movement and vibration.
I am thinking of either contacting Yuneec re my lens for them to sort or to try and adjust the stock one myself. $140 is expensive for what it looks but you should never skimp on lens quality.
I will probably wait and see others reviews before buying though

Reactions: DroneClone
The outside of the lens is as clean as it was when it left the factory. The glass cover is also super clean (Being a photographer, I have a great cleaning kit). It's either a misalignment when it was screwed in (sitting, or being pushed slightly to one side), or there is a super tiny smudge on the underside of the lens which faces the sensor.

Yuneec sent me an RA# and the camera has gone back to them.

Please let us know the results..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval