Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yaw rate on Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Typhoon H, and whilst it's great for image capture, I'm used to a DJI P4, so I'm finding the yaw rate on the Typhoon really slow. Is there a way to improve this?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Typhoon H, and whilst it's great for image capture, I'm used to a DJI P4, so I'm finding the yaw rate on the Typhoon really slow. Is there a way to improve this?

I also found the yaw rate in comparison to the pitch and roll somewhat too low coming from a Phantom. One of the first things I did when I begin to trim out the controls of the H to my liking was to try different rates on various controls to make the aircraft perform the way I wanted. I tried many variations and in the end; I found the best solution (for me) was to create a broken line rate curve on the pitch and roll channels that essentially allows me to have an output for the first 70% of the right stick movement - at a rate that mimics having the rate slider on turtle but; last portion of movement ramps up to the full rate. This allows me to always have the rate slider on Rabbit (High Rate) but when flying and coordinating turns with yaw the control input from the sticks feels much better - again for me. I would note that Setting up control rates is only something I would recommend to someone who has a background in understanding what these changes do. I come from an RC back ground and this is normal to get maximum control contoured to ones own liking. Also I would mention that the idea to raise the yaw rate had occurred to me but I felt perhaps rather than pushing it any higher that perhaps bringing the aileron and elevator output down would be a better solution. YMMV.

Reactions: AussieCate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop