Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Breeze 4k

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So my cousin gave me a Breeze 4k. He got it brand new in 2017 and it didn't work out of the box and he just put it in his closet. Well fast forward to today, they are moving and he came across it and offered it to me. Upon researching and troubleshooting it seems the battery that came with it is the issue. Of course the warranty is up so I doubt I can get a replacement battery from Yuneec but here is my question. Anyone have experience with this drone? Is it worth spending the money for a new battery or just part ways with it? If I did, it would just be to have fun with and probably try to do maneuvers I wouldn't do with my primary drone. I am new to drones and have a Eachines Ex4 on its way as my "beginner drone."

Curious of your thoughts.
Thank you.

Refer to this post Battery blinking blue light and measure the voltage on each cell of the battery (be sure not to short the leads as you measure). Report the voltages in a reply in this thread.

The Breeze is a decent selfie drone for its time, but as you say it is three years old and has been neglected. You can always sell it as a parts drone if the battery is unusable.

I'm getting 0s. I saw the post and used some old wire and batteries from an RC car. I got the charger to recognize the battery for a short time but it flashed abnormal charge and then 15 seconds later back to standby. Finally I couldn't get the charger to re act at all. I think the battery won't take power.

Attachments

• 20200603_192915.jpg
    20200603_192915.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
With the battery sitting for close to three years, I think you are right about the battery being hopeless. Batteries for the Breeze are hard to find now and if you do look for one a third party replacement is probably a better choice at this point.

Do you know what the original problem was with the Breeze? Usually the problem was that the phone being used was incompatible due to the 5.8GHz WiFi required by the Breeze.

With the battery sitting for close to three years, I think you are right about the battery being hopeless. Batteries for the Breeze are hard to find now and if you do look for one a third party replacement is probably a better choice at this point.

Do you know what the original problem was with the Breeze? Usually the problem was that the phone being used was incompatible due to the 5.8GHz WiFi required by the Breeze.

He said it just wouldn't turn on. I read complaints of dead batteries arriving with the drone and Yuneec would replace no questions asked. I found a website selling them but it wouldn't arrive till end of July. I figured I would check my local drone/rc store and see if they have any other options available.

Check ebay theres always some there, better yet yuneec skins has them I do believe. The breeze is a fun little quad, that will impress you, so keep it and enjoy it / I know I have fun with it when not flying my H, or H+. As mikey said try it you'll like it, if your old enough to remember the commercial ?

Reactions: Breeze4kishorrible
Check ebay theres always some there, better yet yuneec skins has them I do believe. The breeze is a fun little quad, that will impress you, so keep it and enjoy it / I know I have fun with it when not flying my H, or H+. As mikey said try it you'll like it, if your old enough to remember the commercial ?
Alright thank you. I'll check both places out. And I'm barely old enough to remember Mikey. Lol

Reactions: johnnyb57
Hey everyone. So my cousin gave me a Breeze 4k. He got it brand new in 2017 and it didn't work out of the box and he just put it in his closet. Well fast forward to today, they are moving and he came across it and offered it to me. Upon researching and troubleshooting it seems the battery that came with it is the issue. Of course the warranty is up so I doubt I can get a replacement battery from Yuneec but here is my question. Anyone have experience with this drone? Is it worth spending the money for a new battery or just part ways with it? If I did, it would just be to have fun with and probably try to do maneuvers I wouldn't do with my primary drone. I am new to drones and have a Eachines Ex4 on its way as my "beginner drone."

Curious of your thoughts.
Thank you.
There are aftermarket batteries for them on amazon and aliexpress. Also, CarolinaDronz, a repair facility, stated earlier that they can do repairs but not body damage. Hope this helps!

There are aftermarket batteries for them on amazon and aliexpress. Also, CarolinaDronz, a repair facility, stated earlier that they can do repairs but not body damage. Hope this helps!
Breeze got a 3 star as a selfish drone in a article with PC mag. Which is slightly better than qqqqantis qq

The Breeze is a great little quad. It's small enough to pack into a small pack and to set up, ready to fly takes minutes. If you are traveling that's where the Breeze shines as it passes through TSA without any concern. I kayak all over Hawaii and the Breeze fits in the hull of my kayak and can be launched on the beach that I land on, almost immediately and it can handle a fairly windy day well. Honestly, I would get several new batteries before you give up on this quad and stay away from the pricey DJI quads which are great but are quirky and have fly aways like all quads.

Go to yuneec.com and locate Breeze 4K drone. It is there you can download the app

Just an FYI - Keep an older working phone for the Breeze app. I have an older Galaxy S6 Edge which still works. I upgraded to a new Galaxy S10 with Android 10 and when starting the Breeze Cam app got the message - This app was written for an older Android version. See the manufacturer for an update. Well, that won't happen since Yuneec no longer supports the Breeze. At least Breeze Cam seems to work anyway with the S10 and Android 10 for now. I'm sure at some point it won't so I kept my Galaxy S6 Edge.

When I downloaded the app from their site, it has the option to upgrade its' firmware. Have you done this?

When I downloaded the app from their site, it has the option to upgrade its' firmware. Have you done this?
When I got my Breeze, my firmware was already updated to the latest so I didn't need to. If you search Breeze Firmware update I'm sure you will find threads around this.

If you are in the US you want to be on the latest firmware. It will do so OTA (over the air - via internet).

The firmware update downloads to the Breeze Cam app over the internet (aka OTA) then updates the Breeze when you connect the next time.

Just an FYI - Keep an older working phone for the Breeze app. I have an older Galaxy S6 Edge which still works. I upgraded to a new Galaxy S10 with Android 10 and when starting the Breeze Cam app got the message - This app was written for an older Android version. See the manufacturer for an update. Well, that won't happen since Yuneec no longer supports the Breeze. At least Breeze Cam seems to work anyway with the S10 and Android 10 for now. I'm sure at some point it won't so I kept my Galaxy S6 Edge.
I just got mine to work on android 10 but the response is slow, everything is slow, but it does work.

I just got mine to work on android 10 but the response is slow, everything is slow, but it does work.
Do you have the Breeze Controller (Bluetooth)? It does speed things up for Android. Not sure why the video feed is so laggy without using the controller other than it has to read the virtual sticks on the screen.

On my Fire7 tablet there is about 2 seconds lag without using the controller, and another 300 to 500 milliseconds when using the controller. Definitely not an FPV drone even as slow as it flies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss