Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Breeze - Today's announcement

great bit of tech and has yuneec's stylish looks but for me i can't justify the price and altho i understand its aimed at a different market im not sure id use it in favour of my H in most scenarios,if it was 250-300 id be tempted.

great bit of tech and has yuneec's stylish looks but for me i can't justify the price and altho i understand its aimed at a different market im not sure id use it in favour of my H in most scenarios,if it was 250-300 id be tempted.
I agree, I like the tech and I'm very tempted. But for that price, it's limited by its battery and short distance it can fly (can never get good distance on cell phone/tablet only control). I'd really have to think about it for $250-$350, but at $500 I'd rather get a drone that isn't close to toy grade like the Breeze is. My Bebop 2 pretty much does everything the Breeze does, plus flies longer and further, has Glonass and regular GPS, camera on the Breeze is the only thing that has the Bebop 2 beat.

Last edited:
Reactions: raymond captuo
I'm also wondering what DJI will do in this space and who knows that GoPro Karma which released another teaser for this week might be interesting.

I think this is aimed more at the younger generation. I could see kids wanting this for their selfies.
But they will need to have it more in the $300 range, if that is the market they are after.
For professional use I could see it as a pre video drone. Fly it around to check out the area before you pull out your H or other drone.

I'm thinking more for a short vacation drone where the wife would normally roll her eyes if I go to the trouble of packing the Phantom or Typhoon, or both as is the case this weekend :)

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I emailed yuneec and asked about a price. They replied:
"At the moment we don't have a price listed we will be making a announcement soon."

I emailed yuneec and asked about a price. They replied:
"At the moment we don't have a price listed we will be making a announcement soon."
They are probably gonna wait for DJI to announce their small drone/price point.

Speaking of the DJI... this article was in today's UAV Daily
and this DJI Article

Guys do some research.... a 4k selfie drone with retractable arms has been in the Asian market selling worldwide already for about 2 months with a price point of under 400 shipped and batteries that retail for about 70 dollars with excellent reviews and much more compact design.

Now the major players like these companies borrow the design concepts and hit up the price of the batteries and the drone by 20%.

Add in some cute girls in bikinis using the product and a good markting strategy with decent customer service and you got sales and profit margins.

I can bet the price point for this thing is $399 with a battery extra batteries will go for $89.99.

Lets see if im wrong

"Ready, Throw, Go" I like that lol

Flies itself?

Oh, maybe there are no obstacles on the ski slopes?

Nice marketing though, I'd like to see one.

"Lily’s body is sealed and its motors are insulated. Lily also floats so you can safely land it in water"....... Still scary!

Yeah, like throw it off the bridge and WHOOPS, I forgot to turn it on! :)

Oh oh!!!

Who thinks of these things? This one from the FAQ tickled me.
"Can I use a Lily Camera to spy on my neighbors?
The Lily Camera is always pointing at you and less than 100ft from you (pro tip: best shots are in the 10-30ft range). Also, the Lily Camera’s motors make noise. So other people will most likely notice it and quickly figure out where you are. You are better off climbing up a tree and using binoculars."

Seems the coolest waterproof drone for selfies (at $900 pre-order) might be the Lilly.
Lily- Camera. Reinvented.
While it seemed like a cool concept when it was originally pitched, the price is way too high and it has taken way too long to actually be produced. The biggest failing in the design was a non replaceable battery. Now that several other similar designs have actually been released, I predict the Lily will fail. Too late and too expensive.

While it seemed like a cool concept when it was originally pitched, the price is way too high and it has taken way too long to actually be produced. The biggest failing in the design was a non replaceable battery. Now that several other similar designs have actually been released, I predict the Lily will fail. Too late and too expensive.

I agree but it was a "nice" idea, impressive too.

Yes, too late, Yes, too expensive. Mind you these are moot points really as it still isn't being produced.

They want you to buy one and wait until they get around to actually making them.

I agree but it was a "nice" idea, impressive too.

Yes, too late, Yes, too expensive. Mind you these are moot points really as it still isn't being produced.

They want you to buy one and wait until they get around to actually making them.
What's really funny is that while they have been taking so log to produce the Lily, other Chinese companies have already copied and released clones of their design.
Meet Lily Drone Clones, the MJX X906T and the W606-3!

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
"Ready, Throw, Go" I like that lol

Flies itself?

Oh, maybe there are no obstacles on the ski slopes?

Nice marketing though, I'd like to see one.

"Lily’s body is sealed and its motors are insulated. Lily also floats so you can safely land it in water"....... Still scary!

They never put it in salt water....they should I've heard great things about slat moisture metals seals and electronics ..

I got a Sony rep one time at bestbuy real good when he dunked their new waterproof tablets in water...I asked him to do it with salt water and he was like ummmmmmm I donnno.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430