Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec C23 camera

yes, is it on store just now or being there for a long time?
I phoned it's in stock, but can you believe sales people, for the price though I think I might add the extra money and progress to a plus.

I phoned it's in stock, but can you believe sales people, for the price though I think I might add the extra money and progress to a plus.

How much would you pay for a C23 camera on H?

10%, 20% or 30% discount then you would put the order?
£300 I might, but the 480 is an old model now, and the C23 not really designed for the H, bigger and better the plus model, so I'll save up for that.

If anyone actually believes this advertised C23 camera is available for the H, call the vendor and ask where on the Yuneec site you download the FW update, that adds the C23 to the available camera model list. While you're at it, ask them the specific FW version number, which adds that capability... post their response here.

Reactions: Dr Delta and AeroJ
If anyone actually believes this advertised C23 camera is available for the H, call the vendor and ask where on the Yuneec site you download the FW update, that adds the C23 to the available camera model list. While you're at it, ask them the specific FW version number, which adds that capability... post their response here.
They'll sell it to you, and say " It will be released soon". Sales people have the gift of the gab!

2 1/2 years ago I paid $1200 for the H. It turned out to be a great machine. With the H Plus and C23 camera at $1700 I think it's a bargain. The whole setup is so much more robust; the quality of the camera is outstanding and the Plus is more powerful, quieter, has longer flight times and is solid in the wind. I would never consider taking the C23 off the Plus and mounting it on my H.

I have rather changed my mind about this. I was in the market for that C23 on the H, but not any more. H+ for me now when the funds next become available :)

The ad specifies 2 versions available, one for H and one for H+
It would be too easy to call them and confirm.
But why would you at that price???

I can’t believe some people still think a C-23 is, or ever will be available for the H-480.
It does fit and it will power up. You just have to use one ST16 for the H and a ST16s for the C23. Kind of like Team mode only different.

EDIT: This doesn't mean it would be useful for any purpose and certainly not for flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus
The addition of an ST16s elevates the price of the camera quite a bit in order to actually use it on an H. That makes the separate purchase of a C-23 cost prohibitive in both money and labor, although using dual operators is more effective for aerial imagery.

It does fit and it will power up. You just have to use one ST16 for the H and a ST16s for the C23. Kind of like Team mode only different.
This came up in another post and was cause for a little confusion, which I have since cleared up. So I thought I would take the opportunity to clear up any miss conceptions about what works and what doesn't work.

This "Kind of like Team Mode" experiment has been conducted by the mad scientist in Dr FrankenPhoon's laboratory, and the results support what Steve has maintained about gimbal control being a function of the 2.4gHz control link.

The end result of binding the two controllers to their respective devices resulted in neither controller being able to control the gimbal. This is also supported by the fact that in the ST16 we can control all the rates of every 2.4gHz channel, the Tilt and Pan are Ch7 & Ch8.

The final proof:
The gimbal only needs power to activate the camera, the 5.8gHz link, and the basic gimbal centering and leveling functions, so even when the CGO3+/C23 is mounted on a SteadyGrip, the ST16/ST16S will receive the video feed and can control all camera functions and settings via the 5.8gHz link, but there is no gimbal control thru the ST16/ST16S 2.4gHz signal because nothing is bound to it, this is only accomplished with the tilt knob on the SteadyGrip, a signal coming thru the gimbal mounting plate, not the 5.8gHz antenna.

A note on the C23 and the SteadyGrip/Actioncam. The C23 will mount and power up in a SteadyGrip, however the location of the 5.8gHz antenna interferes with the battery compartment so the gimbal is not free to articulate without making making modifications to something. I will likely hack my grip to create the necessary clearance, unless I discover the C23 antenna is easily removable.

Last edited:
The only solution to using the C-23. If you want to use one, buy an H Plus.

If some users are really willing to get a C23 for H, I think it's not a technical issue.
1. Which price would be as expected?
2. Which additional function in your wish list?
3. Some other?

This came up in another post and was cause for a little confusion, which I have since cleared up. So I thought I would take the opportunity to clear up any miss conceptions about what works and what doesn't work.

This "Kind of like Team Mode" experiment has been conducted by the mad scientist in Dr FrankenPhoon's laboratory, and the results support what Steve has maintained about gimbal control being a function of the 2.4gHz control link.

The end result of binding the two controllers to their respective devices resulted in neither controller being able to control the gimbal. This is also supported by the fact that in the ST16 we can control all the rates of every 2.4gHz channel, the Tilt and Pan are Ch7 & Ch8.

The final proof:
The gimbal only needs power to activate the camera, the 5.8gHz link, and the basic gimbal centering and leveling functions, so even when the CGO3+/C23 is mounted on a SteadyGrip, the ST16/ST16S will receive the video feed and can control all camera functions and settings via the 5.8gHz link, but there is no gimbal control thru the ST16/ST16S 2.4gHz signal because nothing is bound to it, this is only accomplished with the tilt knob on the SteadyGrip, a signal coming thru the gimbal mounting plate, not the 5.8gHz antenna.

A note on the C23 and the SteadyGrip/Actioncam. The C23 will mount and power up in a SteadyGrip, however the location of the 5.8gHz antenna interferes with the battery compartment so the gimbal is not free to articulate without making making modifications to something. I will likely hack my grip to create the necessary clearance, unless I discover the C23 antenna is easily removable.
I think the confusion was brought about by Yuneec themselves who promoted both versions of the C23 for plus and H, it is still on their website and shops in UK still advertise both versions, some say in stock! Clearly they need to sort out the confusion they started, not everyone is on a forum and fully aware of it's incompatibility

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval