Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Camera Design Team

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 21.30.46.png

.....Please please consider building a Typhoon gimbal and app integration for this camera....the Blackmagic micro cinema...the camera is completely programmable and has S bus and PWM inputs already built inside....All you have do is map the ST16 to it and build a gimbal......

If you do this it will blow even the $5000 inspire pro out of the water.....the camera only weighs 303 grams!!

Last edited:
Who makes this camera. Looks like a Dji bird. Never mind I looked closer. Wonder what $1295. That is base price of TH.

Last edited:
View attachment 1289 .....Please please consider building a Typhoon gimbal and app integration for this camera....the Blackmagic micro cinema...the camera is completely programmable and has S bus and PWM inputs already built inside....All you have do is map the ST16 to it and build a gimbal......

If you do this it will blow even the $5000 inspire pro out of the water.....the camera only weighs 303 grams!!
I hope they are listening as this would absolutely sell like gangbusters for those of us who want cinema quality but cannot afford an Epic Red and a octo with evertyhing else required. It would put Yuneec over the top imo.

Reactions: banned user
I hope they are listening as this would absolutely sell like gangbusters for those of us who want cinema quality but cannot afford an Epic Red and a octo with evertyhing else required. It would put Yuneec over the top imo.

Absolutely!!! A Typhoon H set up with this is completely feasible.....can you imagine...anyone considering an inspire1 pro, looking at options....there are none...Enter Yuneec with this... hands down no competition...

4k version is $1299, 1080 $999. DJi sell the X5 on a gimbal for $2199 and its not as good in anyway as the BM Micro.

Inspire 1 pro flight times are about 15 mins, probably would be about the same on a H, top speeds are about the same too, the H a little faster..but with 6/5 motor safety....
All Yuneec really need to do is build a gimbal for it and sell it for less than $500, they already sell the CG03 as a gimbal-ised camera for about $500, the BM is a similar weight so it should not be a huge task to design.

The base price of the H would be circa $800 with the CG0P 3 camera /gimbal priced at about $500 making $1299 rrp.
With a pro setup the same 1299 price could be met with a BM gimbal minus the BM camera, and let us choose which BM camera. This would be like you say sell like gangbusters.

Even better again would be that you could use the BM in so many more versatile ways than just on the gimbal...(Not an really option with the the X5)...and again the steady grip could also be used.....

Please Yuneec if your reading this consider...the BM camera is open for programming for free, its designed that way, and also these would sell like hotcakes....gobbling up all the sales of the inspire 1 pro.

Reactions: Forrestt
View attachment 1289

.....Please please consider building a Typhoon gimbal and app integration for this camera....the Blackmagic micro cinema...the camera is completely programmable and has S bus and PWM inputs already built inside....All you have do is map the ST16 to it and build a gimbal......

typhoon H with a pro cam and somthing stable like lightbridge and a with the Sensor down for stable hold positions ...then they blow all away

Reactions: banned user
True the micro is 1080p but its quality is out of this world, you get raw 12 bit on a super 16 sized sensor with 13 stops of Dynamic range. Plus it has everything built in to be controlled by the ST 16 radio.

typhoon H with a pro cam and somthing stable like lightbridge and a with the Sensor down for stable hold positions ...then they blow all away
The only problem with all this is I suspect Yuneec will not pick up this idea because it camera quality would be almost as good as if not better than a G4 on their Tornado but at less than half the price. The only clear advantage the Tornado would have is with its 3 batteries it could do about 40mins flight time.

It's not really 4K its UHD (3.8K) It's also a bit porky weight wise at 311 grams with out a lens which is going to make the entire stack weigh somewhere around 450 grams (one pound) before the bigger gimbal its going to require Not sure we have the performance margin to make that practicable
Even it was a case to reduce max and half the flying time, I'd live with it especially since it could be a neat modular design working on the steady grip.

Well don't forget that the UHD camera needs an external recorder so it's not going going work. The 1080p version will but the UHD won't
Thats true, without an external recorder like the Atomos Ninja Ninja Star | Atomos the 4k version wont work, but thats only 130g more..Either way I'd be more than happy to have the 1080p given the cinema quality of how it can record and it's uses beyond the H.

that's full monitor and not the answer
It's not the 4k answer, something like it would be, since the 1080p is giving "cinema quality" dynamic range and bit depth on a super 16 sized sensor and is "drone ready" I'm hoping its something Yuneec will look at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval