Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec charger

Reaction score
I have the 4k package with the case and 2 batteries. I have been doing the 10 for 10 routine and have about 7 flights on each battery. Today I put a battery on the charger and it went into balance mode blinking red then green then red etc. It stayed on balance mode for about 45 min and I unplugged it and plugged it back in where the red light went solid red. The battery did not charge up any at all. Trying to charge the other battery it did the same thing. unplugging and plugging it back in has no effect at all. How long is the battery supposed to stay in balance mode? Am I looking at a bad charger? Thanks for any sugestions.

I have the 4k package with the case and 2 batteries. I have been doing the 10 for 10 routine and have about 7 flights on each battery. Today I put a battery on the charger and it went into balance mode blinking red then green then red etc. It stayed on balance mode for about 45 min and I unplugged it and plugged it back in where the red light went solid red. The battery did not charge up any at all. Trying to charge the other battery it did the same thing. unplugging and plugging it back in has no effect at all. How long is the battery supposed to stay in balance mode? Am I looking at a bad charger? Thanks for any sugestions.
Hey dude...Are you sure you don't have a bad connection somewhere?...maybe the last time you charged a wire may have came loose on the charging/balancing cable when you removed it from the battery/charger

Its the fuse. I assumed that if the fuse was blown it would not light up at all. Thanks

Its the fuse. I assumed that if the fuse was blown it would not light up at all. Thanks
if you are going to be in this hobby for a long time and buy more batteries for your Q or any other quad look into a better charger , your batteries will last longer and take a better charge also you can storage mode them .
below is a guide to understanding LIPO'S
A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries - Roger's Hobby Center - Radio Control (R/C or RC) Cars, Boats, Airplanes, Puzzles, Plastic Models, & Trains - Saginaw, MI
fly safe

Reactions: horizontal
A new fuse fixed it. I know that a better charger is the next thing on my list. I have another charger but don't have the leads to hook up to it, Thanks

if you are going to be in this hobby for a long time and buy more batteries for your Q or any other quad look into a better charger , your batteries will last longer and take a better charge also you can storage mode them .
below is a guide to understanding LIPO'S
A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries - Roger's Hobby Center - Radio Control (R/C or RC) Cars, Boats, Airplanes, Puzzles, Plastic Models, & Trains - Saginaw, MI
fly safe

Thanks for posting the guide. It was most helpful and answered a lot of questions.

I had the same problem with a complete new setup Q500+ with case batteries etc. The lights were doing the same thing and not charging. I emailed Yuneec in Germany, I even phoned them to chase it up. Said they would send me a label to send the charger on to them. A week later and after chasing and trying to buy a new charger from them - they sent a label attached to an email. I didn't know what I was supposed to do with it, so I phoned them and asked what to do with the package - they said I would have to find a DPD agent and take it to them - I asked where to nearest one was to me - they said go onto the internet and find it - charming customer relations. So I did this - traveled a round trip of thirty miles and sent it off. Again after chasing it up they said they got it and it will be returned repaired and the repair was only a fuse and I should have checked it and replaced it myself. As has been said - the lights were blinking and as it was new - I didn't imagine the fuse was faulty.
It was returned to me and my brother (who was visiting) got it when I was away - he also got a Q500 4k which had been to Germany for repair at the same time and was addressed to me, but should have gone to Italy. When I found this and sent them an email about it - they sent me an email with details attached. This time a DPD van would pick it up at an agreed date from 0800 to 1800 - they didn't turn up that day or the day after. So fed up with the hassle, I said I would take to the DPD agent if they sent an email label again. Who would have thought that a little fuse would cause so much hassle. (and they say DJI is crap at customer relations)

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an additional/replacement charger?
hi
the question is what charger do you need , are you going to stay in this hobby and how many batteries do you have and how many will you purchase in the future . are you an RC person like most of the people on this and other forums that have multiple hobbies that use a variety of batteries , i have only two Yuneec batteries that i use in my Q500 4K but have other lipo's , NMH and NI-CAD batteries . i use a Hitec X4 Plus AC/DC 4-Port RC Battery Charger and i have a few other battery charges that work just as good .
go online , ask questions don't buy a knock off , you get what you pay for , remember the batteries we buy for our Q 500 are not cheap $85 to $100 for each battery buy a quality charger your batteries will show the difference and will last longer.
IMG_20140822_160620.jpg fly safe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval