Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Company Website

In EU I bought a Brand new one from a dealer for €250. They've come down in price, they were €600 a couple of years ago, a lot of drone parts were cheaper in US compared to Europe, we paid twice the price! A lot of people want a bargain or to rip a seller off now a days, but sometimes the seller has to be realistic too, plenty are trying to sell old first release Typhoons on private or eBay for €700 to €900.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-075327.png
    Screenshot_20200511-075327.png
    444 KB · Views: 18
In American $$ that works out to $356.57.
I make it $307 when I bought it for £250 + postage high from US.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-135947.png
    Screenshot_20200511-135947.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 10
as of the time I checked this morning the conversion was was being shown as the British Pound equaling 1.23 American Dollars. Oanda currency converter, one commonly used by government employees when balancing their expense accounts, currently shows it at 1.23979. Using the full exchange rate that would put the 289.90 British Pound price at $359.415 American.

That makes my price of $260.00 for a camera with less than 60 minutes of bench time on it pretty reasonable ;)

Last edited:
as of the time I checked this morning the conversion was was being shown as the British Pound equaling 1.23 American Dollars. Oanda currently shows it at 1.23979
As my screenshot. I remember when it was 2 dollars to the pound, was a bargain then to buy photographic equipment.

Reactions: PatR
as of the time I checked this morning the conversion was was being shown as the British Pound equaling 1.23 American Dollars. Oanda currency converter, one commonly used by government employees when balancing their expense accounts, currently shows it at 1.23979. Using the full exchange rate that would put the 289.90 British Pound price at $359.415 American.

That makes my price of $260.00 for a camera with less than 60 minutes of bench time on it pretty reasonable ;)
And the end of the day it's what people will pay, times I've listed on eBay what I think is competitive, only to get no bids, and have to drop price further,
It's what we get if buying using PayPal or bank transfer that counts, it will always less than the official exchange rate, the fees are beginning to get a bit steep now. Buying something from US is getting less viable.

Mrgs1,

Do you folks get hit with an import fee or VAT tax for items imported from the U.S.?

Mrgs1,

Do you folks get hit with an import fee or VAT tax for items imported from the U.S.?
Just used this site for quick reference.
Might not be accurate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200512-133655.png
    Screenshot_20200512-133655.png
    325.1 KB · Views: 13
I’ve had a very slightly used, perfect condition CGO-3+ for sale at a very reasonable $260+ shipping for quite some time. The only responses wanted it sold for less, leading me to believe there are a lot of people involved with a hobby they can’t afford.
I don't think it is that most can't afford it. It is that most don't want to invest 300 dollars into a used camera that only works with one type of drone. I personally own 5 different Yuneec camera gimbal systems and tons of parts. I am always on the look for a good deal. Honestly, one can pick up a new cgo3+ that sells for 250-275 on eBay, You just have to be patient. I just purchased another one from a guy on Facebook Market place for 150. When we entered this hobby, most of us expected to dump tons of money into a quickly depreciating bunch of drones and overrated cameras.

sell old first release Typhoons on private or eBay for €700 to €900.
AGREED!! I see these prices on eBay all the time. Most of the time, this is a seller who picked up a pallet of drones that were returned or overstocked from 2-3 years prior. They try to squeeze every cent out of them by comparing the prices on sites like eBay but in reality, one can pick up a 1st gen Q500 for 100 bucks used.

Looks like Yuneec has updated their website. Everything is under "Commercial Drones" and offerings have been limited. Many products have been moved to "Legacy Products". If you click on "Shop" it takes you to the old website? Looks like they're making big changes.

Quadcopters & Aerial Drones - Yuneec

Looks like this new website is for all languages. Changing them seems to only change the language leaving the structure/format the same.

Try this link.

...Try this link...

Right...when I said "Click on Shop"....it takes you to the old website. The one you posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix