Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Customer Service Report

Reaction score
Just wanted to put this out there.

During a preflight of my G, I noticed that I was getting a bit of radial play on 3 of my motors, and some axial on 1 as well. Decided to inspect the motor mounts, and as feared, they were all popped. Reached out to CS as the quad only had a dozen or so flights, and after confirming via photograph that indeed, I had cracked mounts, they shipped me a label.

Being the impatient kind of guy I am, I reached out every three or four days via email to check on status. They always responded quickly and courteously, but said that it was a 'first come first serve' kind of deal.

Long story short, they had it for just a bit under two weeks, and replaced the frame and the motors. Should be arriving today, so I'll update after my initial test flight.

All in all, not a bad experience. I hate that I've essentially 'lost' a month of warranty, but I would guess thats typical.

Anyway, cheers, and happy flyin'!

Update:
Got my G back yesterday. Everything looked good. Performed a thorough preflight, and all looked good. Performed a compass calculation, and put her up. I've got a slight 'squeal' coming from one of the motors, but she flew great. As stable as always, with no surprises. I'll be investigating the motor noise a bit more tonight....

Update:
Got my G back yesterday. Everything looked good. Performed a thorough preflight, and all looked good. Performed a compass calculation, and put her up. I've got a slight 'squeal' coming from one of the motors, but she flew great. As stable as always, with no surprises. I'll be investigating the motor noise a bit more tonight....
A squeal from a motor is a bad sign. It would be worthwhile to oil the bearings on that motor to see if the noise goes away. Also, spin the motor shaft without the prop mounted and see what you feel.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I haven't had a chance to put her back in the air or troubleshoot in any way. I'll post results as soon as I do!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Had a battery that wouldn't charge on my new Typhoon G. CS worked through troubleshooting to make sure it wasn't the charger. After determining that the charger seemed to be working as it should, they asked me to send them a copy of my receipt. Minutes after doing that I got an email confirming that the order was put in to send me a new battery.
Great experience overall.

Sadly, I still haven't been able to fly her. Sigh...
Personally though, I felt they did me right. So long as a motor doesn't crap itself on me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace