Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

YUNEEC H 400 FEET OR HIGHER IS A HACK ????

It's not a hack, The H GUI on the yuneec website allows you to adjust the limits

Just please fly safe, here in the USA we are limited to 400 feet AGL.
Also the higher you get the harder it is to see. Would suck to be 700ft up and loose connection.

Reactions: abinder
You should not be above 400ft agl even if it can go higher, it's only a matter of time before someone causes a serious incident, the. Gui will allow you to increase the height but I've never needed to be above that height [emoji106]

You should not be above 400ft agl even if it can go higher, it's only a matter of time before someone causes a serious incident, the. Gui will allow you to increase the height but I've never needed to be above that height [emoji106]
I am often flying in river valleys where the mountains on either side are 1000 feet high. There will not be any aircraft fling below the mountain tops. The 400' limit is silly in this situation.

I am often flying in river valleys where the mountains on either side are 1000 feet high. There will not be any aircraft fling below the mountain tops. The 400' limit is silly in this situation.
Yeah do agree with that however if it was me, to keep myself right I would fill in an NSF with the closest ATC tower and let them Review it, it's their job to know everything happening In the airspace, and if they are happy with it then I'd know not to worry and that I was flying safe and using best practice [emoji106]

There are many reasons a commercial operator would need to fly higher than 400' and the regulations address that specifically to allow it. However, what's a little troubling here is the H instructions describe how to use the GUI to adjust operational parameters but the OP seeks a "hack" to deal with something noted in the instructions/manual. That suggests there's a fundamental flaw with the operator's research and knowledge.

Because of that I wonder if the OP has considered that in deep valleys or canyons the conditions may be such that full scale is completely legal to fly between canyon/valley walls at altitudes lower than the rim of the canyon. MR operations conducted more than 500' from the canyon wall could seriously jeopardize full scale occupants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you belong to AMA they just posted that the FAA has lifted the 400' ban for rc modelers

Start with Section 336 of the Airspace Reauthorization Act. Then follow the referenced FAR's from there.

Here in the UK, certainly for commercial operations, the legal max height is 400ft above the Ground Station. That limit is regardless of surrounding topography. If you have high hills on either side it is still 400ft above the controller. You can't follow the terrain up the side of the hill to get more height. It is 400 ft above the ground you are standing on and that's it. Now see the next paragraph.

However, what that means is that you can stand on the top of a very high hill and so long as you don't fly more than 400 ft above yourself you can actually be flying, say, a thousand feet above the ground if flying over the valley next to the hill...or whatever the height of the hill/mountain your standing on + 400ft. If you are standing on top of a mountain, then the law (commercial Ops) says you can't fly more than 400ft above the ground that you are actually standing on.

There is no limit on how low you can fly a drone, but below a certain (undetermined) level the vLOS rules may apply.

I had the exact discussion with my course tutor when I was doing the Remote Pilot Certificate (UK) and that is what he confirmed!

IS THERE A HACK FOR YUNEEC H 400 FEET AND HIGHER
Sure you can go higher than 400 feet with the Typhoon H. But why? You risk birds, planes, loss of contact and you could be fined. It is a violation of law. 400 feet is more than sufficient for the large majority of shots unless you want to film above the clouds. Be safe, stay legal.

There are many reasons a commercial operator would need to fly higher than 400' and the regulations address that specifically to allow it. However, what's a little troubling here is the H instructions describe how to use the GUI to adjust operational parameters but the OP seeks a "hack" to deal with something noted in the instructions/manual. That suggests there's a fundamental flaw with the operator's research and knowledge.

Because of that I wonder if the OP has considered that in deep valleys or canyons the conditions may be such that full scale is completely legal to fly between canyon/valley walls at altitudes lower than the rim of the canyon. MR operations conducted more than 500' from the canyon wall could seriously jeopardize full scale occupants.

Your reply cover what I was thinking. Only takes those few to make us all look bad, and having flown rotor wing in the "valleys", I guess I have to
be more on the look out now!

Indeed. Up side is that a collision between a much larger UAV and a Blackhawk occurred where the UAV impacted the rotor blades. The Blackhawk was safely landed without resorting to serious emergency procedures. The UAV did not fare as well.

Commercial, photographic, of hobbyist as we are in Aus as a lot of of others I personally think the 400 foot limit is sufficent, at this height the H is a spot unless you are using goggles, I don't know where you guys are filming in the states, u Igor need to fly a distance to film whereas I'm luck I can drive a short distance to film. Any feed back would be good, thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval