Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

yuneec H 920 motor (A)

Reaction score
my H920 left front motor (A) needs replacing I called Yuneec in Corona they are no help.

anyone have one new or used just need it working.
thanks.

Just from a technical perspective, it is higly unlikly that your motor fails. If it fails completly it is usually burned and smells awful. At first I would make sure that all connections are plugged in and the ESCs are working (swap two motors).

There might also be a fuse (actually at least six if there are any) on the mainboard. I dont have a removed H920 maiboard right now but Yuneec likes fuses so I guess they might have installed some on the H920 as well. SMD fuses are small white parts with silver contacts on each side. Please note that the Amazon link is only as reference so you can see how these fuses look like. I have not checked any specs whatsoever.

First of all thank you for replying to my question. The information you passed along concerning the fuses and how to check on other items which might have been the cause.
You hit the problem in your first paragraph, when I approached the drone the front motor was smoking and all the windings were cherry red also their was an odor which I have never smelled before.
Good news I was able to talk to a tech at Yuneec today I was told that they have a replacement motor in stock.
Also I was told that on the h920 only. All the motors are the same so it doesn't matter if you need a (A) or (B) motor Just order a motor can't go wrong on ordering this part.

Thanks again for your information concerning my problem.

Thom

Although I’m late to this party, if the tech did not inform you, the motor rotation is established through the wire connections. If it rotates in the wrong direct just swap any two wire positions.

Use a very small drop of medium strength, blue Loctite or similar compound on the mounting screws.

You want to check the connectors at the board to assure they are still well soldered and that they weren’t the cause of a short.

Although I’m late to this party, if the tech did not inform you, the motor rotation is established through the wire connections. If it rotates in the wrong direct just swap any two wire positions.

Use a very small drop of medium strength, blue Loctite or similar compound on the mounting screws.

You want to check the connectors at the board to assure they are still well soldered and that they weren’t the cause of a short.

I appreciate all information given on this subject.
If I continue to get such good ideas from all the various people who are involved in this forum, someday I might be able to solve my problems by my self this would be a great thing.

Thanks again

Thom

Reactions: Docdor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads