Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520 Full Bumper Cage For Close Inspection Flights

Nice Job X..Should do nicely. Looking at the assembly, it looks like it is possible to not attach the bottom lines? It looked like it was still pretty solid before attaching so that maybe a version that allowed retracts and better unobstructed view for the camera would be possible?
That is possible, but I wanted a full protection. Offcourse, it is up to you to mod :) Simply don't use the underside-covers should work indeed. But you will only protect your birdy from the sides and the top. Your camera (the most expensive part) not :)

Reactions: 10-8
I could understand where you might want to run the cage w/o the lower portion installed but it is a nice peace of mind to know the aircraft is somewhat protected around the full exterior (except for long narrow protrusions which isn't the point of this to begin with).

I look forward to trying one of these out myself. We fly the H520 indoors often and this will be a big insurance policy and will help others feel more comfortable about my H520 in close proximity as well.

Hello All,

Hereby the testflight of last friday of our version of 'the cage' ! I was very well pleased to see its result. With our version, it is not possible to retract the landing-gear, but for that, the underside is protected also. Very easy to attach and remove.
The movie can be seen here :

For those who are interested, mail me at [email protected]

Very good work, looks functional and robust for the purpose for which it is designed.

Can I ask for another video where you record the drone from the outside, like the one you've put in, with the camera on and seeing at the same time the image you see from the camera? Picture in Picture effect? It would be very interesting.

Good work :D

Very good work, looks functional and robust for the purpose for which it is designed.

Can I ask for another video where you record the drone from the outside, like the one you've put in, with the camera on and seeing at the same time the image you see from the camera? Picture in Picture effect? It would be very interesting.

Yes, but that will not be for tomorrow :)

Of course, mate ?

Had you previously published the URL of the page? I don't remember.

Remember, we still have a video pending ;)

Of course, mate ?

How can I 'embed' locale movies (mp4) ? It seems not to be possible. What is your email ?
Mine is pro at x-fly.be
Send me an email and I will upload some vids by wetransfer.

Last edited:
Of course, mate ?

Right ... Some examples added as zip-file (raw footage) which I would have never risked without our cage. The front-parts are removable if not glued together, but I in this scenario I rather choose for full-protection then full video :)
No GPS, even very poor stability in there. There must have been some interference or whatsoever. Needed to land by force a lot due to weird behaviour.

PS : Was not aware of the 'indoor flight-mode' setting, so I was flying manually.
Of course, mate ?

OK, uploaded some raw footages :

You can sometimes see the cage, but if you want, you can retract the front-axes or even the whole bottom-frame to have the controll freedom of the legs and camera, but remember, they will not be protected !!!

I was just alone, so, controlling my birdy and taking movies or pictures of it = no go :)

I think you might have a idea now of what you can ?

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
Right ... Some examples added as zip-file (raw footage) which I would have never risked without our cage. The front-parts are removable if not glued together, but I in this scenario I rather choose for full-protection then full video :)
No GPS, even very poor stability in there. There must have been some interference or whatsoever. Needed to land by force a lot due to weird behaviour.

PS : Was not aware of the 'indoor flight-mode' setting, so I was flying manually.

OK, uploaded some raw footages :

You can sometimes see the cage, but if you want, you can retract the front-axes or even the whole bottom-frame to have the controll freedom of the legs and camera, but remember, they will not be protected !!!

I was just alone, so, controlling my birdy and taking movies or pictures of it = no go :)

I think you might have a idea now of what you can ?
That was rather smooth for an indoor flight. I'll have to start saving my pennies.

And this was the first-one (a very, very small area) :

This is the one I liked the most, where I know his endurance and where he really demonstrates his abilities in the face of shocks, which is what he's really good at. Very good work ?

The other question, which is why I asked you for a video recorded with the E90, was to see to what extent the case itself bothered the vision, and what I see I like very much as well, it hardly bothers to see the two arms and you can see a very clear field of vision. Again, good work :)

X-fly I have only one more doubt, I think that the one we all think and the one we fear the most, how much?

I wonder how much the 'average' crash costs in comparison to this cage.

Food for thought eh?

This is the one I liked the most, where I know his endurance and where he really demonstrates his abilities in the face of shocks, which is what he's really good at. Very good work [emoji846]

The other question, which is why I asked you for a video recorded with the E90, was to see to what extent the case itself bothered the vision, and what I see I like very much as well, it hardly bothers to see the two arms and you can see a very clear field of vision. Again, good work :)

X-fly I have only one more doubt, I think that the one we all think and the one we fear the most, how much?

Thanks for sharing this, specially flying in tight quarters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval