Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H Plus and H520 Full Bumper Cage For Close Inspection Flights

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Although this demonstration shows the H520 wearing the Bumper Cage it has also been confirmed it will fit the H Plus perfectly.

This video shows the Yuneec H520 Bumper Cage in prototype during testing. This was first demonstrated at the Commercial Drone Show at ExCel in London on the 13th November 2018, but these clips are an exclusive from testing. Daniel the head technician at Yuneec Uk told me he was not being kind to the cage and was bumping it hard against the walls on purpose. This cage is going to change the shape of how inspections are done. The cage would give you the confidence to fly in areas you would not even attempt without it. Nice work Yuneec UK. The Bumper Cage will be available to buy soon from Yuneec UK at a cost of £349.99

It has merit but I can already visualize the posts from people that entangled that wire frame cage with some protrusion 80’- 100’+ above the ground. It win’t seem so “friendly” then.

You know it will happen as giving people any additional sense of security causes many to believe themselves invincible.

It has merit but I can already visualize the posts from people that entangled that wire frame cage with some protrusion 80’- 100’+ above the ground. It win’t seem so “friendly” then.

You know it will happen as giving people any additional sense of security causes many to believe themselves invincible.

That’s a fair assessment Pat. I can see that happening.
The same could be said for those that want that woodland tree shot and bump into a branch. There will always be casualties in this game.

For those that are forward thinking there will be benefits, although a zoom lens might be of greater benefit for most conditions. For anyone intending to use something like this for close quarter applications requiring stealth I dare say a multirotor would be a lousy candidate. It would be like a burglar with a peg leg whistling a tune during a break in[emoji4]. Much too noisy.

The video is interesting as it depicts a fairly large aircraft being used in confined spaces, leaving little room for maneuvering. Designing such a cage for the 40mm smaller H480 or releasing a smaller drone with a similar cage might have greater benefit. The cost versus benefit might balance better as well as the price for this cage employing carbon rod costing at most $6.00 in materials is ridiculous.

Reactions: oliver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold