Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520 Full Bumper Cage For Close Inspection Flights

I cannot copyright 10 digits written in words and I cannot copyright the font that I am using even though I have a commercial license for it. Plus patents are worth for a huge factory with production in $1 000 000s, not for small workshop production.

It seems you did not get my point from my story. It is that a company should sell their products for a reasonable price. When a company starts selling something for a few times more than it costs they will lose eventually. Mostly because it will be just few sales at this price and second, another company will get to the market with a similar product and they will set their price much lower.

There is already something similar but for $20 only. You can try to add the top protection to it.

Yuneec Typhoon H Propeller Protectors - Blade Guards

There are also other designs available and it won't be far away that after Yuneec will start selling this cage someone will just make a similar cage for $100.

I won't argue any further. It is not my product due to its price. And a job should be worth much more than $1000 for me to buy $700 product just to get it.

No ones arguing fella. It’s what the human race does. Tries to get their view across.
It’s what makes the world tick.

Last edited:
The blame for all this lies with Yuneec, for when that update?

We are very idle, you can tell :p:p:p

Here is my very first usefull prototype. Easy to click on, and easy to (3d-print) Sorry Yuneec, I am not gonna pay 300 dollars ...

IMG_0933.jpg

For those who are interested ... I will be glad to share the stl-files and measurments, so that you can have yours in no-time, but, I guess you can understand I'll like a donation for that :)

Here is my very first usefull prototype. Easy to click on, and easy to (3d-print) Sorry Yuneec, I am not gonna pay 300 dollars ...

View attachment 12821

For those who are interested ... I will be glad to share the stl-files and measurments, so that you can have yours in no-time, but, I guess you can understand I'll like a donation for that :)

And what would the cost be for you to make one and post this to me please? I am in the UK

Good job, looks good :D

More photos, with the propellers on, and a video please? :p

View attachment 12821

Good design, I don't see any issues with design infringements against Yuneec cage model. What is the material you're using?
I would assume Yuneec's cage is using carbon fiber?
Can you give a demo flight we can look at?
thank you.

For the 3d-printed 'joints' I use 33% infilled PLA. The axisses are glassfiber 3mm.

Last edited:
This video shows the Yuneec H520 Bumper Cage in prototype during testing.
This was first demonstrated at the Commercial Drone Show at ExCel in London on the 13th November 2018, but these clips are an exclusive from testing. Daniel the head technician at Yuneec Uk told me he was not being kind to the cage and was bumping it hard against the walls on purpose.
This cage is going to change the shape of how inspections are done. The cage would give you the confidence to fly in areas you would not even attempt without it.
Nice work Yuneec UK.
The Bumper Cage will be available to buy soon from Yuneec UK at a cost of £349.99

Excellent " bent-wires" but what justifies the pricetag?

$395.49 US dollars for the cage? WOW!
Yuneec might be better off offering a comparable C23 camera with software for the H and H pro model.
I myself would purchase one in a heartbeat.

$395.49 US dollars for the cage? WOW!
Yuneec might be better off offering a comparable C23 camera with software for the H and H pro model.
I myself would purchase one in a heartbeat.

That’s cheap compared to a $900 phantom 4 cage.
Why would Yuneec allow the higher spec C23 to fit the inferior H 480? I know they said they might make it compatible, doesn’t mean they are. From a business point of view that would make no sense.
They want you to upgrade don’t they?

Why would Yuneec allow the higher spec C23 to fit the inferior H 480? I know they said they might make it compatible, doesn’t mean they are. From a business point of view that would make no sense.
They want you to upgrade don’t they?
Cheap in comparison? yes.
Up grade? yes, but missing a heck of a lot of market potential for an equivalent of a C23

It is actually 900 BP not dollars if we are talking about this website(www.dronecage.io). So in USD it is much more than 900.

I think somebody may be overcharging them a lot of money on supplying parts to their cages. For example this part is 670 pounds.
https://www.dronecage.io/product-page/collision-ring-for-dji-phantom-4-pro

I do not know what it is made of but seriously I can cut it out of MDF or plywood with a laser for no more than 25-40 pounds.

UPDATE: It is made of carbon fibre. Never tried to cut it with a laser but I have a 300W CO2 laser that can probably cut through it if it is not too thick.

View attachment 12821

You are quick. I was talking about a few months until some company will come with a cheaper version. You have done it in less than a week. Well done.

It is actually 900 BP not dollars if we are talking about this website(www.dronecage.io). So in USD it is much more than 900.

I think somebody may be overcharging them a lot of money on supplying parts to their cages. For example this part is 670 pounds.

I do not know what it is made of but seriously I can cut it out of MDF or plywood with a laser for no more than 25-40 pounds.

UPDATE: It is made of carbon fibre. Never tried to cut it with a laser but I have a 300W CO2 laser that can probably cut through it if it is not too thick.

Cutting 2mm carbon fibre with a 100w laser. With 300w you can cut 3mm which is usually the thickest in drones with ease.

carbon fiber sheet laser cutting

I was at a drone show at the weekend and was speaking to the owner of dronecage and he quoted me £800 which is about $900 give or take a few quid, bucks, pennies, cents

I was at a drone show at the weekend and was speaking to the owner of dronecage and he quoted me £800 which is about $900 give or take a few quid, bucks, pennies, cents

No wonder you wanted to get out of the European economic community. With those prices....... :p

P.D.: I'm sorry for the joke, but that price makes my head spin, my eyes want to come out and I have hair like nails.........:oops:, I think there's an extra zero to the right ;)

P.D.2: Let it be clear that I am in favor of any added, extra or device that gives more functionality to the drone, but not everything is valid........................

Reactions: 10-8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430