Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520 travel case arrived

Reaction score
Its a pretty nice case, nice subtle logo, wheels, lots of handles, good latches, lockable, not too heavy. Laser cut for exact fit on H520 etc. Has several cut outs I am still figuring out what they are for (some are shallow, some go all the way to bottom of case). Got it from Vertigo Drones as part of a bundle. Sells for $399 separately.

Attachments

• IMG_20171028_145708 (1).jpg
    IMG_20171028_145708 (1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 144
I can't find my original post about trying to adapt the old Q500 case, complete with wheels, to hold the H520

However, to be precise, I did fit the H520 into the case and was/am working on the colour (okay, okay color for the cousins this side of the pond)

Despite numerous sandings the finished coating still allows the old cement from decals to show through :(
Have yet to stick on the original 'Yuneec" logo
Also need to to touch up the strip on top corners and install lettering for my business.
Still, here it is so far :)

Orange.jpg

Reactions: arruntus
Just in case you weren’t aware, a heat gun or hair dryer will loosen up decal adhesive and permit most of it to pull up with the decal. Works great for removing adhesive labels from boxes too. If the surface will tolerate it, denatured alcohol will remove any remaining adhesive residue.

Reactions: Haydn
Just in case you weren’t aware, a heat gun or hair dryer will loosen up decal adhesive and permit most of it to pull up with the decal. Works great for removing adhesive labels from boxes too. If the surface will tolerate it, denatured alcohol will remove any remaining adhesive residue.

Duh!! Thank you ... put it down to cerebral flatulence ;)

That’s actually a real nice case. Such cases are not typically sold with this type of foam, it’s an option that costs considerable more than pick and pluck foam. It’s generally obtained in thin sheets of 1/2” thickness or so and cut using a water jet, then laminated together to produce the one piece structure we get in a custom case package. Takes quite a bit of work to work out the CAD cutting program and in the quantities that would be produced for a multirotor they are probably hand laminated instead of an automated process to end up with the finished product. Labor intensive!

Hello,
do you know other name case than Pelican, B&W,Leicester; Dronecrates, Vertigodrones, Mc-cases .....in general is expensive also is very good but i am looking for less expensive and not so heavy.

Its a pretty nice case, nice subtle logo, wheels, lots of handles, good latches, lockable, not too heavy. Laser cut for exact fit on H520 etc. Has several cut outs I am still figuring out what they are for (some are shallow, some go all the way to bottom of case). Got it from Vertigo Drones as part of a bundle. Sells for $399 separately.

I got the same case with the purchase of my 520. It's a solid case and very well built. Holds everything I need except for the extra cameras. Looking for a solution for those now...

Yes thank you, it is really good case very well build, the best i think. on Amazone is 600$ with shipping about 50% of the 520
i think it is possible to found good case less expensive, i need just to carried, don't need waterproof, or take airplane with.

No i don't think i fond a case same MC case pour 200€ i am waiting for end January and see if it is ok after i put the link her and picture.
same case B&W, Pelicans..

I got the same case with the purchase of my 520. It's a solid case and very well built. Holds everything I need except for the extra cameras. Looking for a solution for those now...
These cheap cases are from Bunnings in Australia.
3596DF71-7366-42E6-93CD-771BD1F56614.jpeg
AU $49

FB17F6D9-495E-4D5A-8BDF-98BEA3CEAA36.jpeg
Just trialling an option using the pluck and pull foam that it comes with.

53077204-E48A-4AC1-8668-8AE8D80EFD49.jpeg
The option I will probably go with. Will add the CGO-ET when it arrives.

Very happy with the outcome and cheap.

That looks great Haydn! Gonna check Amazon for availability in USA. Just got my CGO-ET the other day!

I ordered the Pelican 1600 Case. It's pretty big but I'll use the additional space for some of my Canon Glass.
IMG_3537.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li