Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520 weird turning in survey mode

Reaction score
hi all,

I have a Yuneec H520 with E90 camera. I fly regularly surveys for precision farming. When I Create a new survey and fly them, the turns are not great it takes him a lot of time and it looks if he flies in a circle before he flies the right way. Because I with an extra camera (LaQuinta NDVI camera) every second longer is a problem.

hi all,

I have a Yuneec H520 with E90 camera. I fly regularly surveys for precision farming. When I Create a new survey and fly them, the turns are not great it takes him a lot of time and it looks if he flies in a circle before he flies the right way. Because I with an extra camera (LaQuinta NDVI camera) every second longer is a problem.
This sounds similar to a behavior mentioned by @chascoadmin and @vr-pilot. Maybe they can provide some information on it?

Reactions: DoomMeister
It's because of using RTK. The system has no tolerance built in for how close to the waypoint is acceptable and the RTK brains are telling it to be cm-level so it plays ping pong until it hits it. If you turn off GNSS RTK it doesn't happen near as bad but I still maintain that they need to adopt a strafing motion.

It's because of using RTK. The system has no tolerance built in for how close to the waypoint is acceptable and the RTK brains are telling it to be cm-level so it plays ping pong until it hits it. If you turn off GNSS RTK it doesn't happen near as bad but I still maintain that they need to adopt a strafing motion.
hi @chascoadmin i don't have the RTK version but I find it weird that when turning to the next point I have 4 points. 2 at the end and 2 to start.

hi @chascoadmin i don't have the RTK version but I find it weird that when turning to the next point I have 4 points. 2 at the end and 2 to start.
OK, then that is more unusual. I'm not sure I understand the condition you are trying to explain. Instead of two 90 degree turns you have 4 distinct movements?

What firmware version do you have? I have h520 and the turns are quite abrupt. But I have not updated anything since Jan 2020 i think it was.

What firmware version do you have? I have h520 and the turns are quite abrupt. But I have not updated anything since Jan 2020 i think it was.
The v1 H520 defintely had some quirks in the turns. The E with RTK disabled was a little better but far from the smooth strafe they almost look unsafe. The first time I flew the RTK it made me pucker a little the first time I saw it on the screen. Is there any way you guys can post a short clip of it in action? I will try to do the same.

I have had a similar problem following a recent update to the Jan 21 firmware. I have now reverted to earlier firmware and the drone is flying normally again.

Reactions: vr-pilot
Hola a todos

Tengo un Yuneec H520 con cámara E90. Vuelo regularmente encuestas para la agricultura de precisión. Cuando creo una nueva encuesta y los vuelo, los giros no son geniales, le lleva mucho tiempo y parece que si vuela en círculo antes de volar de la manera correcta. Porque yo con una cámara extra (cámara LaQuinta NDVI) cada segundo más es un problema.
hoy me ocurrio lo mismo no se cual es el motivo

Translation:

lwkoen said:
Hi everyone

I have a Yuneec H520 with E90 camera. I regularly fly surveys for precision farming. When I create a new poll and fly them, the turns are not great, it takes a long time and it seems that if you fly in a circle before flying the right way. Because I with an extra camera (LaQuinta NDVI camera) every second more is a problem.

Today the same thing happened to me, I don't know what the reason is

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all,

Also my H520 does the same circle alternatively at every two turning point in survey mode.

While flying survey missions over the last 5 years with the Yuneec, I have experienced the same thing. I have the H520 without the RTK. It has always done that behavior, regardless of the firmware. I personally believe it is just a GPS/gyroscope thing where it just doesn't have an accurate enough location to establish a new heading. Depending on how you design the survey mission angle parameters, it can look like a lost dog looking for its tail. BUt once it establishes the correct heading, it does seem to fly true

He tenido un problema similar después de una actualización reciente del firmware del 21 de enero. Ahora he vuelto al firmware anterior y el dron está volando normalmente de nuevo.
Alguien ha encontrado una solución a este problema de los giros locos que hace una misión, gracias, cómo has vuelto al firwuare anterior donde lo has conseguido, gracias

No he volado nuestro v1 H520 en mucho tiempo, pero esto funcionó la última vez que lo hice. Luego, desinstale el piloto de actualización y obtenga los nuevos que desee del sitio de descarga de Yuneec.

120621 H520 FW

Descargas de Yu

No he volado nuestro v1 H520 en mucho tiempo, pero esto funcionó la última vez que lo hice. Luego, desinstale el piloto de actualización y obtenga los nuevos que desee del sitio de descarga de Yuneec.

120621 H520 FW

Descargas de Yuneec

520 H120621 FW

Descargas de Yuneec

gracias

The update pilot will work to install current firmware.
But if you want to return to previous versions, you will need to do an update from SD cards as described by E90_H520 SD Card Firmware Upgrade.pdf. This guidance leads to the only two complete update sets I know of. The set marked "December" may have actually been issued in early January. This was the update that caused a lot of problems. Fewer concerns were expressed for the one in LATE January. You can compare your versions with the late January versions in the image below to determine if that is what you currently have installed.

There are more updates and parts of updates available from Yuneec Drones Australia. Note the "Update.exe" file is not present for these. I am not certain the lack of the update.exe is critical, but I just don't know.
The files in the Yuneec Drones Australia repository are not easily paired with each other to create a coherent update set. The attached Update History PDF is not current, but it is the best I have available. It can at least be used to compile a set of compatible files for an earlier update set (minus the android system's "update.exe" file).

Summary.jpg

Attachments

• Update_History_H520.pdf
    51.1 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval