Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec must either go up or go out.

Reaction score
The business these day is either up or out. Autell is doing Customer Service better than DJI and Yuneec. If DJI or Yunees don't improve soon then Autell will gain on both of them and will slide into the number one slot.

Auteln has out Yuneeced Yuneec by tons of service and replacement of their product and the reliability of the Xstar Premium. I have both the TH and XSP. I haven't had any problems with my XSP for the six months I have had it. I also have a Q500+ with CGO2+.I haven't done a single FW update No problems there either.

So Yuneec please get better hardware. This will improve your product..Make sure your camera people have good eyesight when they focus the camera it will be dead on. Don't get me wrong I do like TH but I'm poor and can't afford to buy a new TH every 6 m0nths and yes mine is at Onterio, CA as I'm posting

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a x star premium. It looks like it's made very very well. I like everything about it. Just waiting for any deals or sales to come out..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yep TC that's 90 dollar off what I paid.

Autell only an option in the USA, Yuneec in the UK are excellent for customer service.

Reactions: Onlook and Merlin
I'm not sure Autell are really going to go that far so long as they're copying other companies designs. I'm sure it's a nice alternative to a Phantom, but I chose not to buy a Phantom for a whole bunch of reasons that Autell haven't fixed.

The Typhoon hardware remains a great standard, their quality control has gone up a notch and their firmware is getting better and better with more facilities. Competition is good, but Autell are competing against the last generation of DJI products.

I think the addition of Mike McConville to the Yuneec team indicates considerable thought is going into improving the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Yep TC that's 90 dollar off what I paid.

Hey Dragon ... you might want to check out Amazon on that Autel ... just to maybe compare pricing and no ... I'm not an Amazon employee ... I've just got a lot of good deals from them over the years. As for myself I'm sticking with Yuneec ... I have the H and the Q500 4K and like'em both ... I truly believe they will over come they're problems and be the go to brand ...

I'm not sure Autell are really going to go that far so long as they're copying other companies designs. I'm sure it's a nice alternative to a Phantom, but I chose not to buy a Phantom for a whole bunch of reasons that Autell haven't fixed.

The Typhoon hardware remains a great standard, their quality control has gone up a notch and their firmware is getting better and better with more facilities. Competition is good, but Autell are competing against the last generation of DJI products.

If we just put the Autel camera on the H :rolleyes:

Reactions: David Wilson
My hope is that brands maintain distinctions that provide users choices in what they use and how they elect to use them. If you value your independence and user flexibility there needs to be products that permit the users to make intelligent choices based upon operational differences and feature sets that best suit a users particular needs.

You are right Pat. The TH is extraordinary when it comes to flying in a little bit more wind because of its six rather than four rotors. However I hate to say that Autel has customer service one up on the Yuneec. I also own a Q 500+ which has been an unbelievable quad copter for me. But, the TH has problems they still have not been addressed by the Th.I am hoping that the technicians find that the hardware in the TH is substandard at this time.

I don't think the hardware is the problem, everything "consumer" is designed to a minimum cost of component standard. From what I've been able to discern the hardware itself is adequate for the platform if used as intended, which is light lift, LOS, video capture. It actually does better than any of the consumer/prosumer drones where wind is concerned.

I see things more as software/firmware issues exacerbated by the large number of people with zero previous drone experience, couple with crap documentation. Improvements in documentation would likely reduce the number of issues generated by inexperienced users, if they bothered to read it. But they don't have anything all that informational to review so a lot of bumbling will continue.

I don't think the hardware is the problem, everything "consumer" is designed to a minimum cost of component standard. From what I've been able to discern the hardware itself is adequate for the platform if used as intended, which is light lift, LOS, video capture. It actually does better than any of the consumer/prosumer drones where wind is concerned.

I see things more as software/firmware issues exacerbated by the large number of people with zero previous drone experience, couple with crap documentation. Improvements in documentation would likely reduce the number of issues generated by inexperienced users, if they bothered to read it. But they don't have anything all that informational to review so a lot of bumbling will continue.

Translating from Chinese often leaves gaps in instructions and manuals. That's why this forum is helpful. The TH is one of the most complex multi rotors I own. I spent over two years with go pros and various quads and gimbals trying to get all the features the typhoon H has out of the box. The self entitltled whining about its shortcomings here often are full of misinformation or over blown hyperbole. Anyone who has got hours under their belt know that flight specs are the high end of performance with fresh battery etc... People are complaining that 15 minutes is not enough fligh time and that's just nuts. 15 minutes of flying is 15 minutes of video and no one wants t see 15 mins of some old drone flight so editing becomes part of our passion automatically if you care about anyone other than yourself to see your shots. Plus a **** a lot can go wrong in 15 minutes if you loose your concentration and are not laser focused on monitoring your UAV.

I'm thinking these people also break FAA guidelines regularly and pose a risk to the whole industry. When I see stories in the paper of DJI dones near planes at 5k feet I get pretty agitated as that gives all of us a bad name. Flying responsibly is number one priority and setting some limitations is not a bad thing. You want unlimited fligh? Spend more money. Get your commercial drone license from the FAA, build your fantasy UAV, and get to work with proper crews and permission. Otherwise, enjoy your amazing price point piece of CONSUMER technology and learn how your machine works.

My experience with the customer service department and their partner United Radio is nothing short of a nightmare. Almost month into a repair and I still don't have my proH back. To top it off, I called Yuneec yesterday and they told me they are considering the matter closed! The entire problem is based on the inability of Yuneec to provide a part to their repair company. (no tracking) I will never buy another product from Yuneec based on this experience and encourage all others to proceed forward in the future with extreme caution.
Unfortunate. I guess I should be happy with what service we get here.

Considering a large number of H issues are owner induced, and those owners consider them warranty covered issues, I think Yuneec is doing a pretty **** good job in the CS area of operations. It's not their fault so many are clueless in multirotor operations and treat their equipment like racing drones or vastly exceed distance design limitations while others lack even a rudimentary understanding of how their equipment functions and what's required of them to correctly power up the aircraft.

Simply having enough open credit to buy a consumer level camera rig does not qualify them to operate one.

Reactions: Eyeup
Considering a large number of H issues are owner induced, and those owners consider them warranty covered issues, I think Yuneec is doing a pretty **** good job in the CS area of operations. It's not their fault so many are clueless in multirotor operations and treat their equipment like racing drones or vastly exceed distance design limitations while others lack even a rudimentary understanding of how their equipment functions and what's required of them to correctly power up the aircraft.

Simply having enough open credit to buy a consumer level camera rig does not qualify them to operate one.

Agreed. Despite the promotional videos from Yuneec this is far from an entry level machine. Just like if you have no experience with DJI, a Mavic, Inspire, or P4 is going to equally confuse new pilots. I'll bet most of us here who are helping have like me years and 1000s of hours flying lots of different UAVs and have crashed and repaired lots of different times. Too much faith in autonomy and not enough practical flight experience is a recipe for major failures. The fact that YUNEEC USA has trusted me when I reported original problems to fix everything under warranty when I perhaps could have reacted to my problem is quite incredible. They could easily say pilot error and charge me but they did not. While the repair process was drawn out and sometimes frustrating, they stuck with me and helped me get back in the air. The camera additional feature to me show a real commitment helping us do amazing shots at a way low price point. If you think this is too expensive you should change passions as this one is mothing but spend money all the time.

Sent mine in for repairs nine days there three days in Tech and five days back can't get much better than that.I agree with most everything that's been said here. I have been flying RC's since 1985.

The business these day is either up or out. Autell is doing Customer Service better than DJI and Yuneec. If DJI or Yunees don't improve soon then Autell will gain on both of them and will slide into the number one slot.

Auteln has out Yuneeced Yuneec by tons of service and replacement of their product and the reliability of the Xstar Premium. I have both the TH and XSP. I haven't had any problems with my XSP for the six months I have had it. I also have a Q500+ with CGO2+.I haven't done a single FW update No problems there either.

So Yuneec please get better hardware. This will improve your product..Make sure your camera people have good eyesight when they focus the camera it will be dead on. Don't get me wrong I do like TH but I'm poor and can't afford to buy a new TH every 6 m0nths and yes mine is at Onterio, CA as I'm posting
I would disagree. Yuneec customer service is outstanding. Plus their quality control is much better than DJI who sends out drones that have issues. The horror stories I've heard are legendary. This is what has caused such a backlog for repairs by DJI, they're swamped. Autel is not a bad platform, but I do not believe they are caught up to Yuneec yet.

Translating from Chinese often leaves gaps in instructions and manuals. That's why this forum is helpful. The TH is one of the most complex multi rotors I own. I spent over two years with go pros and various quads and gimbals trying to get all the features the typhoon H has out of the box. The self entitltled whining about its shortcomings here often are full of misinformation or over blown hyperbole. Anyone who has got hours under their belt know that flight specs are the high end of performance with fresh battery etc... People are complaining that 15 minutes is not enough fligh time and that's just nuts. 15 minutes of flying is 15 minutes of video and no one wants t see 15 mins of some old drone flight so editing becomes part of our passion automatically if you care about anyone other than yourself to see your shots. Plus a **** a lot can go wrong in 15 minutes if you loose your concentration and are not laser focused on monitoring your UAV.

I'm thinking these people also break FAA guidelines regularly and pose a risk to the whole industry. When I see stories in the paper of DJI dones near planes at 5k feet I get pretty agitated as that gives all of us a bad name. Flying responsibly is number one priority and setting some limitations is not a bad thing. You want unlimited fligh? Spend more money. Get your commercial drone license from the FAA, build your fantasy UAV, and get to work with proper crews and permission. Otherwise, enjoy your amazing price point piece of CONSUMER technology and learn how your machine works.
Well said my friend...

Reactions: Michael Brown

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval