Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec "No Fly Zone" Release Now Available

Attachments

• Typhoon H+ NFZ Unlocked Symbol 10.1.png
    Typhoon H+ NFZ Unlocked Symbol 10.1.png
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • Typhoon H+ NFZ Unlocked Symbol 10.2.png
    Typhoon H+ NFZ Unlocked Symbol 10.2.png
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 52
NFZ Update:
I am Happy to Report that I have sorted out the issues with the Typhoon H NFZ Unlock, and Transported 4 Typhoon H's out to the Sacramento Airport, and Tested them within 1/8 of a mile from the Center of the Runway, and all Armed and were able to Operate in Restricted Airspace!

I only spent about 100 Hours trying to figure out the Process, for the Typhoon H, it Helped that they finally sent me everything needed, but I had to Figure out how to make it work...... extremely Frustrating, and I almost gave up, it set me back on getting my Drone Repairs Out, but I am catching up!

There may still be an issue Unlocking the Typhoon H3, but I will get that sorted out as well. A Big Thank you to the Powers that be, at Yuneec for making this possible, it definitely shows that they do care about their Legacy Products Owners.

Yuneec Skins now has the ability to Unlock the Q500 Series, the Typhoon H & H-Pro, and Typhoon H+. I am not sure on the Typhoon H3, as I have only Unlocked 1 in France. I haven't had time to try Unlocking the Mantis Q & G yet, and waiting for a NFZ Request for the Typhoon H3 in the USA. It does not look like I will be able to Unlock the Tornado H920 Series, I was told it's a very complicated Process, but I will continue to Bug them for that 1.

I am just so Happy to have Conquered the Typhoon H, what an Ordeal that was.......
NFZ Unlock Link:

Yuneec Skins has signed an agreement with Yuneec, and received the Software to do "No Fly Zone" Releases (NFZ Removal) for the following Yuneec Drones:
  • Typhoon H
  • Typhoon H-Pro
  • Typhoon H480
  • Typhoon H-Plus
  • Typhoon H3
  • Mantis Q
  • Mantis G
I realize that Q500 & H920 Series are not included, and have Requested the NFZ Software to unlock those Models as well, and will Update this Thread when I receive an answer.

It has been a long Road to make this happen. In Accordance with the Terms of my Agreement am Required to Maintain Records for a Period of 7 Years, and no Doubt will ad to my current workload, having to give directions on how to Perform this Process to Remove the Restricted Airspace Lock.
This Service used to be done for Free through Yuneec's Website, and during negotiations it was decided that a Fee of $100 will be charged by Yuneec Skins to Remove the NFZ Lock on your Yuneec Drone. This is a 1 time Fee, and will be a Full Unlock, with No Expiration Date, and if you update Firmware Yuneec Skins will Reissue the Unlock Code at No Additional Cost.
Yuneec is Planning a Relaunch in the USA, and will be Under New Management.
You can find more Information and Purchase the NFZ Unlock Request here:
how do i get the q500 NFZ firmware?

Reactions: johnnyb57
Not sure the question.
If you are asking how to obtain the software, you click on the link above, and then on the link for Q500.
If you are asking if you have to ship the Q500 to Yuneec Skins, the answer is no. After you purchase the NFZ removal, you will provide some information from your Q500 to Yuneec Skins. He will prepare the software to match your specific Q500 and send you the firmware. You will then install the software using the Q500 GUI.

Reactions: johnnyb57
Good Morning,

I just purchased the NFZ for my Typhoon H+. Looking forward to receiving the email to submit the required items to get the unlock code. Thanks for stepping up and taking on the role to provide the service I was looking for.

Respectfully,

Jason C.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
It does not look like I will be able to Unlock the Tornado H920 Series, I was told it's a very complicated Process, but I will continue to Bug them for that 1.
Hi John, from earlier in this thread, wondering where you got some info on the 920 series about it being a "very complicated process"?

This has been a frustration for me as among my fleet of 4 Yuneec birds (2 H480's, 1 H520m and 1 H920+) The H920+ is the only one with NFZ restriction.

Shortly after I purchased the 920+ (Jan 2019), which was advertised at that time by Yuneec as a "commercial aircraft" and as such you would need to have NFZ removal for work, I was informed by Yuneec CS that the NFZ could not be removed from the 920+. Later I found out that the original 920 (not +) had a different FC and it never had any NFZ lock, but when they brought out the 920+ they used the same FC board as the H480, and when you use a CGO3+ camera, it behaves just like an overgrown H480.

So, wondering if the FC board is the same, if it could be flashed as a H480 or swapped out with a H480 board and then get a NFZ removal? Or it more involved than that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz