Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Partners with MMC

I think there's been a consensus that the consumer market is tapped out (for all drone makers), so makes sense to focus on commercial. Hopefully something comes of it!

You never know, some technology may whittle it's way down the chain.

I think there's been a consensus that the consumer market is tapped out (for all drone makers), so makes sense to focus on commercial. Hopefully something comes of it!

Au contraire. That would be akin to claiming the personal cel phone market capped out with the first I-phone.
Miniaturization, better energy storage tech, advancing computing power, lowering of cost for current tech and greater acceptance of higher pricing for desired functionality (whether real or perceived) leaves a future for many many years to come.

We've seen this scenario played out repeatedly over the past 40 years with hundreds of tech items ranging from washing machines to home computing.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Au contraire. That would be akin to claiming the personal cel phone market capped out with the first I-phone.
Miniaturization, better energy storage tech, advancing computing power, lowering of cost for current tech and greater acceptance of higher pricing for desired functionality (whether real or perceived) leaves a future for many many years to come.

We've seen this scenario played out repeatedly over the past 40 years with hundreds of tech items ranging from washing machines to home computing.
It's amazing what people will pay for greater invasion into their privacy. Washing machines in my opinion have gone backwards, with even more planned obsolescence, and inferior construction, and now the Whirlpool tumble dryer fiasco. Mobile phones at a price of over a £1000, it's ridiculous,

It's amazing what people will pay for greater invasion into their privacy. Washing machines in my opinion have gone backwards, with even more planned obsolescence, and inferior construction, and now the Whirlpool tumble dryer fiasco. Mobile phones at a price of over a £1000, it's ridiculous,

But people buy them. I don't need interconnectivity in my appliances or bluetooth on my blender. Tend more to the tried and true with a screwdriver in hand. Today's glut of toss off gear is my playground tomorrow. Same goes with drones.

People want better products? Solution is to be a smarter consumer.

Reactions: PatR
People want better products? Solution is to be a smarter consumer.
[/QUOTE]
"smarter"? ??? this is a lost thinking process not thought anymore.

Au contraire. That would be akin to claiming the personal cel phone market capped out with the first I-phone...
I'm not talking about technology advancements if that's what it sounds like you are talking about. I'm talking about consumer sales and demand. OF COURSE there will continue to be advancements in any tech category. The growth is in the commercial space. The consumer market has become a very niche market.

I'm not talking about technology advancements if that's what it sounds like you are talking about. I'm talking about consumer sales and demand. OF COURSE there will continue to be advancements in any tech category. The growth is in the commercial space. The consumer market has become a very niche market.
Don't you think Yuneec has been a little late to the party? Can only speak for UK but dealers have pretty much abandoned Yuneec range including their commercial line here, except for Yuneec UK themselves and a couple of others, nothing stocked though. Difficult but not impossible, to catch that market again I would of thought, clearly it may be a different picture elsewhere.

Last edited:
Hang a 24mpxl camera with a 1” sensor that will live feed to a phone or social media for under a $1,000 on a multirotor and see how fast people start buying. Toss in full autonomous programmability and a true 20 minute flight time and buyers will start to flood the seller. Offer multiple payload options for the same platform utilizing one software suite and the seller would be overwhelmed.

The problem isn’t the consumer market per se’, the problem is offering what they want for a price consumers are willing to pay. Too many of them already own a fleet of sequenced, next generation of “improved” models, leaving them a bit tapped out in spare cash. As features are fairly similar in the average price range it will require a bit more than average to make consumers take the next step.

MMC recently launched this fancy handheld GCS, I wish it could fit for Yuneed drones in the future.

MMC recently launched this fancy handheld GCS, I wish it could fit for Yuneed drones in the future.

Looks like it has some potential.

But... it better have a means to accept a tray or other non-obstructive support. Five hours of operation time does me no good if my hands cramp from holding it.

One reason I love the ST16 footprint. Aside from the ability to use custom trays (aka the @Ty Pilot invention), it keeps the hands far enough apart not to prematurely fatigue said hands. The Mantis Q controller is a bit small and induces the above affliction to these “experienced” appendages of mine.

Then again, it could be a personal problem.

[emoji33]

Jeff

Reactions: Flyer4ever
Looks like it has some potential.

But... it better have a means to accept a tray or other non-obstructive support. Five hours of operation time does me no good if my hands cramp from holding it.

One reason I love the ST16 footprint. Aside from the ability to use custom trays (aka the @Ty Pilot invention), it keeps the hands far enough apart not to prematurely fatigue said hands. The Mantis Q controller is a bit small and induces the above affliction to these “experienced” appendages of mine.

Then again, it could be a personal problem.

emoji33.png

Jeff
Well, I think this Etlas can certainly solve you problem, it equips loops on both sides to insert a strap so you can hang it around your neck.

Attachments

• loop.png
    loop.png
    784.1 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval