Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Pilot Updates

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The new version of Pilot (1.1.2) has added a manual IPS mode that allows the GPS to be disabled indoors.

This is good news for indoor fliers. Thumbs up to Yuneec for listening.

Edit 12/07/2018:
I merged two of my posts to allow one post to be updated as new versions come out from Yuneec. It would be nice for an Android user to post the update log for that version of Yuneec Pilot in this thread also. You can edit that post as a new version comes out to add the new information.

These are the update notes from the iOS version of Yuneec Pilot.
FF1237DA-9682-4F8F-8559-4A45B7885E13.png
DE5D54FF-F8D3-4F5B-8785-0EC660D70052.png
F61DCD9A-2D32-42B4-BAC6-1BA6C6F61D20.png

Last edited:
Yuneec Pilot is the app that is to be installed on your phone/pad and is used in conjunction with the RC controller.

I don’t own a Mantis as the price point is about $200 dollars over where I feel it should be for a drone without a full camera gimbal.

I do however keep up with the updates made to the app, and the IPS without GPS was the latest change according to the update literature.

I updated my mantis q pilot today.

I have yet to find a “switch” to manually disable GPS, but... I did repeat a test I had done a few weeks ago.

That test was indoors and was not good. Evidently there were enough satellites found so as not to disable GPS.

This time, it was in IPS mode from the start and held a nice hover between my coffee table and my couch.

Last time I had to swat it like a bee before it sawed my legs at a foot off the floor.

This time no swatting; I was also NOT sitting on said couch!

Jeff

[emoji33]

Sounds as if the transition to IPS without GPS may be an automatic switch in the program itself. I was taking the information from that provided in the update description in the Apple App Store.

Sounds as if the transition to IPS without GPS may be an automatic switch in the program itself. I was taking the information from that provided in the update description in the Apple App Store.

Found it! There are software switches in the settings. I probably just missed them yesterday as I do not recall seeing them.

I set the Mantis outside to get GPS. Once obtained, going back to settings I found the manual and IPS switches.

No time to go back and verify again. Gotta run.

MantisPilotScreenShot-IPS-ManualModeSwitches.jpg

Thanks for posting the screenshot Jeff.
Much appreciated.

The last update 1.2.1 seems to be crap! The app shut down after connecting via Wi-FI and connecting the lightning cabel between RC and My IPhone. Why releasing something that not is finnished for consumers?

A glimpse of good news and bad I went flying yesterday I can confirm with the updated software using my samsung tab a6 tablet the video was smooth everything ran smooth til I briefly lost connection the video feed from the camera went black once connection was regained it stayed black so I returned to home tryed powering off drone then back on as well as closing app and reopening but same thing drone connected but no video so ill say this they fix the video problem and the few other things the other people have mentioned itll be solid. On a good note after the tablet wasn't giving video feed switched to my phone lg stylo 4 android 8.1.0 software for Mantis and app both updated same as tablet the phone and drone ran flawlessly through the remainder of my 2 and half batteries got awesome night footage of Tucson AZ which if I can ever figure out how to add background music ill post some more video to YouTube. Anyway justed wanted to post and hopefully give some hope to those having issues and look forward to Yuneec fixing the hiccups.

Aplikace nefunguje na iPhone XS? !! I buy new memphis and i Can not fly with him can you help me i have iOS 12.3

Aplikace nefunguje na iPhone XS? !! I buy new memphis and i Can not fly with him can you help me i have iOS 12.3

@Juma

Please contact Yuneec CS for your part of the world and let them know the recent update to Yuneec Pilot app is not working.

From others with Android systems, they report some devices are working fine and others are having trouble.

Seems the iOS version is broken as several are reporting troubles just as you are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis