Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Q500 white props OK?

AH-64 D

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Was busily sorting accumulated spare parts and came across white Q500 props. I bought them long ago thinking they would contrast nicely with black props - fore and aft orientation. They were manufactured by Yuneec, but since my Q500 came with black props are these white props OK to use or should I just toss them?

They're exactly the same. The white ones came on the Q500 and Q500+, and the black ones came on the Q500 4k and maybe the Q500g.

Thank you for your reassuring reply. Yuneec made the Blade 350 QX for Horizon Hobby before it marketed the Q500 under its own name. The Blade 350 QX props had a high failure rate. I had 7 of them crack at the hub - The last one failed when my quad was about 10 feet off the ground. I switched to after market carbon fiber props and never had a 350 QX prop problem again. The stock black props of my Q500 4K have been very reliable. I dinged one during a windy landing, but have never had any trouble with them. The props on the H are better still - quick release and much quieter than those of the Q500. Sorting spare Yuneec parts is my way of dealing with the possibility that Yuneec may leave the market. I would rather spend my time planning when to buy a new Yuneec drone than making sure that those that I already own are well supplied with spare bits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig