Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec ST 16 problems

Reaction score
Hello
My name is Philippe and i’m French
I just bought a used typhoon
It is sold with an ST 16 and an ST 16+ the ST 16+ works very well but the ST16 refuses to turn on. The screen remains black
can you help me please in order to repair thé ST16
thank you for your help
philippe

Hello
My name is Philippe and i’m French
I just bought a used typhoon
It is sold with an ST 16 and an ST 16+ the ST 16+ works very well but the ST16 refuses to turn on. The screen remains black
can you help me please in order to repair thé ST16
thank you for your help
philippe
The first thing to try is tapping the screen rapidly while it tries to boot up.

If tapping the screen does not work, answers to these questions may help us understand the condition of the controller:
1.) Does the little blue light beside the on/off button come on?
2.) Can you hear the cooling fans running?
3.) Do you hear any (small) beeps when you press the trim tabs?
4.) Small beeps near center when moving the two rate sliders?
5.) Small beeps near center when moving the camera Pan Control knob?

Last edited:
Hello
thank you for your response
so yes the blue light come on
the cooling fans not running
yes i hear any small beeps when moving the two rate sliders
yes small beeps when moving the caméra pan control
but the screen is black

but the screen is black
I would recommend a reset attempt as described in the following post and associated instructions. This process may not work if the controller has actual hardware failures. You may want to read through the instructions fully before getting started.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Hello i change the battery and she's full, but my PC don't recognize the ST16 transmitter

Hello i change the battery and she's full, but my PC don't recognize the ST16 transmitter
Are you certain the USB cable is "data capable"? Most USB cables are for charging only, and do not have the conductors needed to actually transfer/read data. I know of no way to see the difference just by looking at the cable. But you can connect the PC to your smartphone (or to the ST16+) with the USB to see if the cable can support communication.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Are you certain the USB cable is "data capable"? Most USB cables are for charging only, and do not have the conductors needed to actually transfer/read data. I know of no way to see the difference just by looking at the cable. But you can connect the PC to your smartphone (or to the ST16+) with the USB to see if the cable can support communication.
Yes, you need an interface between the PC and the ST16 for the PC to read the ST16 (see the small cable at the PC output in the photo)

Attachments

• st16s et ordi.jpg
    st16s et ordi.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 21
Yes, you need an interface between the PC and the ST16 for the PC to read the ST16 (see the small cable at the PC output in the photo)
This appears to be screen mirroring using an HDMI to USB conversion cable. I believe the OP is saying he cannot connect to the ST16 to read the files in the internal memory.

Reactions: FR MD PHB
The described situation is common for ST16. The problem is in the Android pad part. This can be cured probably but these controllers are under $100, so no reason to waste time on only one. A guy from the UK asked some time ago about an ST16 to do some research to prepare a solution to reflash the pad. No idea what happens further. I use their solution for ST10+, where is only one problem. After flashing with TWRP the controller battery can't be charged if the unit is turned off.

Make some searches in the forum. Take in mind, he is from the UK, so don't expect a very communicative person, and be sure, you'll not get an answer at all if he sorted your question or expectations as nonsense.

Good day.
Has anyone found a fix for this problem by now, if even possible?

I have a ST16 that experiences the exact same issue - Remote turns on, blue light shows, there's three short quiet blips and then a longer beep and the blue light gets brighter, but no fans or boot screen. Battery fully charged, device doesn't show up on PC when connected with a data cable. Nothing from the HDMI out either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval